Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Converts to Catholicism "pathological" if they notice Pope is a heretic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a convert and I don't think Francis is a heretic.

What frustrates me with the Holy Father is that he refuses to clarify his teachings to those who don't understand them. Even I go back and forth between confusion and understanding. He is not the best at communication, and we need some real help out here. I think it's a kind of arrogance that he assumes those who complain are simply rebellious rather than that we are confused. It is part of his job description that he teach and clarify.
    Open Heart, Hebrew Catholic
    “God never abandoned his covenant with Israel" Pope Francis
    "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Comment

Originally posted by Open Heart View Post
      I am a convert and I don't think Francis is a heretic.

What frustrates me with the Holy Father is that he refuses to clarify his teachings to those who don't understand them. Even I go back and forth between confusion and understanding. He is not the best at communication, and we need some real help out here. I think it's a kind of arrogance that he assumes those who complain are simply rebellious rather than that we are confused. It is part of his job description that he teach and clarify.
      He doesn't want to be understood. He confuses on purpose. That's the only logical conclusion. He is playing by a Marxist type playbook that you create confusion and chaos to overturn the system you seek to destroy.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrainerd View Post

He doesn't want to be understood. He confuses on purpose. That's the only logical conclusion. He is playing by a Marxist type playbook that you create confusion and chaos to overturn the system you seek to destroy.
        What possible proof do you have that he confuses on purpose? I've never met a human being that wanted to confuse on purpose.
        "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Comment

What possible proof do you have that he confuses on purpose? I've never met a human being that wanted to confuse on purpose.
          Of course you never met such a person because such people are people in power, who sought that power to destroy institutions, people like Obama and Bergoglio. What proof? Common sense. That some people cannot see that Obama and Bergoglio only sought/seek power to destroy the West is their own problem. I can't eradicate invincible ignorance.

Comment

Of course you never met such a person because such people are people in power, who sought that power to destroy institutions, people like Obama and Bergoglio. What proof? Common sense. That some people cannot see that Obama and Bergoglio only sought/seek power to destroy the West is their own problem. I can't eradicate invincible ignorance.
            I have great intuition when it comes to people. I think it is you that doesn't understand what is going on with Pope Francis and the Catholic Church. There is no desire to deliberately confuse people. He simply has terrible communication skills and an ego.

Comment

I have great intuition when it comes to people. I think it is you that doesn't understand what is going on with Pope Francis and the Catholic Church. There is no desire to deliberately confuse people. He simply has terrible communication skills and an ego.
              Either way the papacy is proven to be an institution of men, not of God.

Comment

Either way the papacy is proven to be an institution of men, not of God.
                It's scriptural. We've posted the scriptures many times. You may interpret these scriptures differently, but you can't deny that we've posted them.

Comment

It's scriptural. We've posted the scriptures many times. You may interpret these scriptures differently, but you can't deny that we've posted them.
                  Proverbs 30:33 "Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood": so the twisting of scripture bringeth forth false doctrine.

Comment

You've never met a person that wanted to confuse on purpose?

Politicians do this kind of thing all the time.

Distract, point over there, avoid answering questions, ask other question in reply to questions, talk out both sides of one's mouth.

obfuscate... to deliberately make things more confusing in order to conceal the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat4life View Post

You've never met a person that wanted to confuse on purpose?

Politicians do this kind of thing all the time.

Distract, point over there, avoid answering questions, ask other question in reply to questions, talk out both sides of one's mouth.

obfuscate... to deliberately make things more confusing in order to conceal the truth.
                      Okay you are right. But not by saying opposites.

Comment

Working...
                      X