Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Speaking of Peace . . . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmerian View Post
    God promises that all who believe in Christ have eternal life and will go to Heaven.....but you cannot bring yourself to believe our Lord!

You believe now, but will you still believe in a year? 10 years?
    Fair enough.

You claim you believe in Christ right now. If you died this moment, do you believe you are guaranteed eternal life?

"Over the past 25 years I have asked hundreds of Catholic college students the question: (Justification By Faith by Peter Kreeft. Catholic Apologist)

Comment

You say there will always be people like that.

How do you know you are not one of those people?

What makes the assurance you claim you have any different than the assurance they claim they have?
      because I'm born again - according to His word.

That changes one's life. I went from thinking I was one of those people, as a catholic (having no ideas what it meant, not knowing Christ etc) and believing I would go to heaven because I was catholic - what we were taught in school, to having God change my heart and my whole life!

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
        This has been posted on here so many times, it's to the point of ridiculousness...

Those who are born again. They are His and a member of His family

So, everyone who claims that they are born again, are?

Or are there people who think they are born again who are not?

no

yes, some even think they're born again by water baptism.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

And how do you do that through the beliefs and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church?
          The same way all Christians do, except that I have the added benefits of the sacraments.
          Open Heart, Hebrew Catholic
          “God never abandoned his covenant with Israel" Pope Francis
          "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

Fair enough.

You claim you believe in Christ right now. If you died this moment, do you believe you are guaranteed eternal life?

I am confident. We should always be prepared to meet Christ.
            This crucifix is for us a book with hieroglyphics of might and power, to enable us to read in a second, at one glance, what it otherwise would take us five minutes to read in the Bible. We have often instructed poor slaves who cannot read. We have told them what Jesus has done for them, arid shown them the crucifix, and thus appealed to their eyes and ears in far less time than by any other method." ~ Rt. Rev. John Timon, Prefect to the Republic of Texas

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
              because I'm born again - according to His word.

That changes one's life. I went from thinking I was one of those people, as a catholic (having no ideas what it meant, not knowing Christ etc) and believing I would go to heaven because I was catholic - what we were taught in school, to having God change my heart and my whole life!

But if you were not born again but merely had an emotional experience you would not know it, would you?

I have met many people who thought they were born again, but then something happened to make them realize they were not.
              This crucifix is for us a book with hieroglyphics of might and power, to enable us to read in a second, at one glance, what it otherwise would take us five minutes to read in the Bible. We have often instructed poor slaves who cannot read. We have told them what Jesus has done for them, arid shown them the crucifix, and thus appealed to their eyes and ears in far less time than by any other method." ~ Rt. Rev. John Timon, Prefect to the Republic of Texas

Comment

Fair enough.

I am confident.
                So you don't believe, even after all your big talk about just because you believe today does not mean you'll believe tomorrow.

You simply do not believe Christ.

It is so sad that your religion is so powerless to save, that even after a lifetime of devout Catholicism, chomping Eucharists, and counting beads....you still may go to Hell and burn forever.

What a sick and sad lying religion you have there!

"Over the past 25 years I have asked hundreds of Catholic college students the question: (Justification By Faith by Peter Kreeft. Catholic Apologist)

Comment

I have met many people who thought they were born again, but then something happened to make them realize they were not.
                  Yeah. I was one of those people. I was a Roman Catholic.

LOL.

Too bad believing a lie from the RCC does not save.

Comment

So you don't believe, even after all your big talk about just because you believe today does not mean you'll believe tomorrow.
                    You asked me about right now.

And right now I am confident.

You simply do not believe Christ.
                    I believe Christ, I disagree with you.

It is so sad that your religion is so powerless to save, that even after a lifetime of devout Catholicism, chomping Eucharists, and counting beads....you still may go to Hell and burn forever.

What a sick and sad lying religion you have there!

Jesus saves.

and only those who persevere will be saved.

And like Paul I hope that having run my race I am not disqualified.

I am confident if I were to die today I would be with Christ.

But I don't believe I am entitled to Heaven.

That is the difference between Evangelicals and Catholics.

Comment

Yeah. I was one of those people. I was a Roman Catholic.

LOL.

Too bad believing a lie from the RCC does not save.

Lying to our self does not save.

As the Lord says:
                      The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

And our Lord warns:
                      "Not everyone who says to me "Lord, Lord" shall enter the kingdom of Heaven."

That is why assurance of salvation means nothing, because it is something we tell ourselves.

Comment

You asked me about right now.

And right now I am confident.
                        So you believe you still may go to Hell and burn forever if you died this moment?
                        Or do you believe you are guaranteed eternal life if you died this moment?

Don't be shy!

Jesus saves.
                        If you died this moment, is Jesus your Savior, or is it possible you will go to Hell forever?

Comment

Lying to our self does not save.
                          True. Believing the lie from the RCC you are born again when you are not will not save a sinner.

That is why assurance of salvation means nothing, because it is something we tell ourselves.
                          Faith in Christ means nothing to you as a Catholic?

That must be why Catholics do not believe Him.

Comment

So you believe you still may go to Hell and burn forever if you died this moment?

Don't be shy!
                            I am confident that if I died this moment I would go to Heaven

If you died this moment, is Jesus your Savior, or is it possible you will go to Hell forever?

Wow talk about your false dichotomies and loaded questions.

But asked and answered.

Comment

True. Believing the lie from the RCC you are born again when you are not will not save a sinner.
                              Believing you are going to Heaven when you may not will not save a sinner either.

Faith in Christ means nothing to you as a Catholic?

That must be why Catholics do not believe Him.

Assurance is not faith in Christ, it is faith in self.

That you have judged yourself worthy of Heaven based on what you believe God sets as the criteria.

It is speaking for God.

Comment

Don't be shy!

I am confident that if I died this moment I would go to Heaven
                                So though you suspect you are headed the right direction, you still may go to Hell forever if you died this moment.

So sad. Why not believe the Gospel, ken?

Comment

Working...
                                X