Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

A central article of Roman Catholic belief?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by tester View Post

    this are the unanswered questions from my post that you partially quoted


    let's see if your reasoning stands the test of Scripture:

    James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

    Can God be tempted? (yes or no)


    Psalm 121:4 indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

    does God sleep? (yes or no)
    What do either of those questions have to do with the question at hand?

    Why are you so reluctant to answer?

    But since we're at it, let's answer those questions, as you are once again challenging Christological truth.

    Jesus was tempted. Plain Scripture affirms it.

    Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. [Luke 4:1-2 (NASB)]

    Do you really think Jesus never slept in 33 years? Of course He did. Plain Scripture affirms it.

    Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. [Matthew 8:24 (NASB)]

    Now, Who (or what) died on the Cross for our sake?
    Your life has shown you to your flock as a rule of faith, an image of gentleness, and a teacher of moderation. You acquired greatness through humility and wealth through poverty. [source: Troparion of St.Nicholas (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

      I already have, Post #55, to which you never responded

      https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...64#post4897564

      Now, Who (or what) actually died on the Cross for our sake?
      Jesus descendant of Abraham from the line of David, son of Mary, Son of Man, the Lamb of God, the last Adam died on the Cross: killed by a few Roman soldiers.
      His life ceased

      The Christ, the Supreme Creator of all, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Eternal, the Logos, the Sustainer of ALL things, the Great I AM, the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." did not die on the Cross
      His life never ceases
      One of the ekklēsia

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by tester View Post

        Jesus descendant of Abraham from the line of David, son of Mary, Son of Man, the Lamb of God, the last Adam died on the Cross: killed by a few Roman soldiers.
        His life ceased

        The Christ, the Supreme Creator of all, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Eternal, the Logos, the Sustainer of ALL things, the Great I AM, the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." did not die on the Cross
        His life never ceases
        So, Christ did not die on the Cross, only Jesus. Your words ...

        That said, how then was mankind redeemed absent the Perfect Sacrifice? Were these two different people?
        Your life has shown you to your flock as a rule of faith, an image of gentleness, and a teacher of moderation. You acquired greatness through humility and wealth through poverty. [source: Troparion of St.Nicholas (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

          What do either of those questions have to do with the question at hand?

          Why are you so reluctant to answer?

          But since we're at it, let's answer those questions, as you are once again challenging Christological truth.

          Jesus was tempted. Plain Scripture affirms it.

          Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. [Luke 4:1-2 (NASB)]

          Do you really think Jesus never slept in 33 years? Of course He did. Plain Scripture affirms it.

          Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. [Matthew 8:24 (NASB)]

          Now, Who (or what) died on the Cross for our sake?
          God cannot be tempted is Biblically true
          Jesus is God is Biblically true
          Jesus was tempted is Biblically true
          But if you say God was tempted you have directly contradicted Scripture: therefore YOU are in error
          .

          God does not sleep is Biblically true
          Jesus is God is is Biblically true
          Jesus slept is Biblically true
          But if you say God slept you have directly contradicted Scripture: therefore YOU are in error..

          welcome to the mystery of the Trinity and the Incarnation

          proclaim what the Scriptures says as true is true
          never contradict the Scriptures to make a point

          .
          One of the ekklēsia

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

            So, Christ did not die on the Cross, only Jesus. Your words ...
            Christ is a title, not a name

            I clearly said the life of Jesus ceased

            I clearly said the life of God did not.cease

            God cannot be tempted
            God does not sleep
            God cannot die.

            Jesus is God

            Jesus was tempted
            Jesus slept
            Jesus died

            I don't know how else to say it to you:
            Roman soldiers cannot kill God

            if your god can be beaten to death: could luck with that.
            My God cannot be killed or die


            proclaim what the Scriptures says as true is true
            never contradict the Scriptures to make a point
            Last edited by tester; 11-11-17, 01:47 PM.
            One of the ekklēsia

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by tester View Post

              and again...
              there are questions in my post
              Not discussing temptation or sleeping. You are diverting.

              Who/what died on the cross? As a Christian, you should be able to answer this with no equivocation.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by tester View Post

                Jesus descendant of Abraham from the line of David, son of Mary, Son of Man, the Lamb of God, the last Adam died on the Cross: killed by a few Roman soldiers.
                His life ceased

                The Christ, the Supreme Creator of all, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Eternal, the Logos, the Sustainer of ALL things, the Great I AM, the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." did not die on the Cross
                His life never ceases
                This is a great post!! Thank you tester! One of the most clear examples of the heretical belief that Jesus is two different persons. It is truly an example that teaches against the orthodox belief of hypostatic union!.

                What a smorgasbord of heresies is Evangelicalism.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by tester View Post

                  God cannot be tempted is Biblically true
                  Jesus is God is Biblically true
                  Jesus was tempted is Biblically true
                  But if you say God was tempted you have directly contradicted Scripture: therefore YOU are in error
                  .

                  God does not sleep is Biblically true
                  Jesus is God is is Biblically true
                  Jesus slept is Biblically true
                  But if you say God slept you have directly contradicted Scripture: therefore YOU are in error..

                  welcome to the mystery of the Trinity and the Incarnation

                  proclaim what the Scriptures says as true is true
                  never contradict the Scriptures to make a point
                  .
                  The utter irony ... yes, tester, welcome to the Mysteries of the Incarnation and the Truine God.

                  If you conclude in a way that ultimately denies Jesus is God, YOU are in error.

                  YOU continually want to separate Christ's divinity from His humanity. They are inseparable.

                  Did God cease to exist? No.

                  Christ our True God, risen from the dead, by death He conquered death and to those in the tombs He granted life eternal.

                  In the union of His divinity and humanity, Christ experienced death.
                  Your life has shown you to your flock as a rule of faith, an image of gentleness, and a teacher of moderation. You acquired greatness through humility and wealth through poverty. [source: Troparion of St.Nicholas (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by tester View Post

                    Jesus descendant of Abraham from the line of David, son of Mary, Son of Man, the Lamb of God, the last Adam died on the Cross: killed by a few Roman soldiers.
                    His life ceased

                    The Christ, the Supreme Creator of all, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Eternal, the Logos, the Sustainer of ALL things, the Great I AM, the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." did not die on the Cross
                    His life never ceases
                    Anyone wants to guess the heresy of this post?

                    Hint: It is from 5th Century.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tester View Post
                      Christ is a title, not a name

                      I clearly said the life of Jesus ceased

                      I clearly said the life of God did not.cease

                      God cannot be tempted
                      God does not sleep
                      God cannot die.

                      Jesus is God

                      Jesus was tempted
                      Jesus slept
                      Jesus died

                      I don't know how else to say it to you:
                      Roman soldiers cannot kill God

                      if your god can be beaten to death: could luck with that.
                      My God cannot be killed or die


                      proclaim what the Scriptures says as true is true
                      never contradict the Scriptures to make a point
                      This is what happens when one challenges orthodoxy ...

                      tester, the Incarnation really happened

                      Did God cease to exist? No

                      Did God experience death? Yes
                      Your life has shown you to your flock as a rule of faith, an image of gentleness, and a teacher of moderation. You acquired greatness through humility and wealth through poverty. [source: Troparion of St.Nicholas (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

                        The utter irony ... yes, tester, welcome to the Mysteries of the Incarnation and the Truine God.

                        If you conclude in a way that ultimately denies Jesus is God, YOU are in error.

                        YOU continually want to separate Christ's divinity from His humanity. They are inseparable.

                        Did God cease to exist? No.

                        Christ our True God, risen from the dead, by death He conquered death and to those in the tombs He granted life eternal.

                        In the union of His divinity and humanity, Christ experienced death.
                        no i do not want to separate Christ's divinity from His humanity. They are inseparable.

                        you continually want to contradict Scripture : I will not


                        One of the ekklēsia

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

                          This is a great post!! Thank you tester! One of the most clear examples of the heretical belief that Jesus is two different persons. It is truly an example that teaches against the orthodox belief of hypostatic union!.

                          What a smorgasbord of heresies is Evangelicalism.
                          In fact, two such heresies related to this problem arose in the early centuries of the church: theopassianism and patripassianism.

                          The first of these, theopassianism, teaches that God Himself suffered death on the cross.
                          Patripassianism indicates that the Father suffered vicariously through the suffering of His Son.

                          Both of these heresies were roundly rejected by the church for the very reason that they categorically deny the very character and nature of God, including His immutability.
                          There is no change in the substantive nature or character of God at any time.
                          Last edited by tester; 11-11-17, 02:10 PM.
                          One of the ekklēsia

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

                            Anyone wants to guess the heresy of this post?

                            Hint: It is from 5th Century.
                            I'll take a guess:

                            : theopassianism and patripassianism.
                            One of the ekklēsia

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

                              Anyone wants to guess the heresy of this post?

                              Hint: It is from 5th Century.
                              Can't "split" Christ in two, right?
                              Your life has shown you to your flock as a rule of faith, an image of gentleness, and a teacher of moderation. You acquired greatness through humility and wealth through poverty. [source: Troparion of St.Nicholas (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

                                Can't "split" Christ in two, right?
                                Right. Jesus Christ is not two different persons.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X