Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Catholic admits the Magisterium can teach the faithful false doctrines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

Calvinism is false. That's why nonCalvinist go to Heaven, anyway
    You don't know if the theology of the Roman Catholic Church is true or not, do you?
    If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
      You don't know if the theology of the Roman Catholic Church is true or not, do you?
      Catholicism is all about certainty. Evangelicalism is all about uncertainty.

Beyond that, they both share the certainty found in faith in Jesus Christ.

Evangelicals love Jesus Christ but lack certainty in what is correct or not.

Catholics love Jesus Christ and have the certainty that His Church will prevail.

Comment

Catholicism is all about certainty. Evangelicalism is all about uncertainty.

Beyond that, they both share the certainty found in faith in Jesus Christ.

Catholics love Jesus Christ and have the certainty that His Church will prevail.
        You're really not certain if the theology of the RCC is correct or not, are you?

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

You're really not certain if the theology of the RCC is correct or not, are you?

Try reading.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
            Is it true that the Magisterium of the Catholic Church can teach all the faithful false doctrines?

Keep playing your violin while your Rome is burning.
            Are you unsure of something so basic as this? Or are you just scared because you see how ken is floundering?

"Over the past 25 years I have asked hundreds of Catholic college students the question: (Justification By Faith by Peter Kreeft. Catholic Apologist)

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

Are you unsure of something so basic as this? Or are you just scared because you see how ken is floundering?

Why don't you just Cluck at them like a chicken? Cluck Cluck Cluck!!!

P.S. I am happy to start presenting quotes where you ran to the hills. I have plenty of them. Were your knees knocking each other during those times?

Comment

Catholicism is all about certainty.
                How can that be if you believe that the Magisterium of the Catholic Church can teach all the faithful false doctrines?

Yet ken cannot tell any of us which paragraphs are dogmas that cannot possibly be wrong...and which paragraphs are possibly false teachings from your Masters.

"Over the past 25 years I have asked hundreds of Catholic college students the question: (Justification By Faith by Peter Kreeft. Catholic Apologist)

Comment

How can that be if you believe that the Magisterium of the Catholic Church can teach all the faithful false doctrines?

Yet ken cannot tell any of us which paragraphs are dogmas that cannot possibly be wrong...and which paragraphs are possibly false teachings from your Masters.

Why don't you just Cluck at all Catholics like a chicken? Cluck Cluck Cluck!!!

P.S. I am happy to start presenting quotes where you ran to the hills. I have plenty of them. Were your knees knocking each other during those times?

Comment

Though definitely not the first Catholic to do so, this devout Catholic admits the Magisterium of the Catholic Church can teach all the faithful false doctrines.

"Can the Magisterium of your church teach the faithful false doctrines?"

"Yes, they can."

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...on-catholicism

Most of us here already know this. Obviously.

But my question to the Catholic posters is: which doctrines in your present 800+ page catechism are possibly false teachings?

Just a paragraph number would be fine. Don't be shy.

What post # is that? I'd like to read the context.
                    Open Heart, Hebrew Catholic
                    “God never abandoned his covenant with Israel" Pope Francis
                    "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Comment

And the levity-driven-by-fear-my-faith-be-wrong-because-I-don't-really-know-if-it's-right award goes to smiley, CatholicScripture, Kmerian.
                      Ten-four good buddy. Keep them smokeys off your back now.

Comment

Let's see who's scared. Is it the one who is hiding behind his Romulan Cloaking Device or the one who is unashamed to expose all of his Church's teaching to every self-proclaimed "theologian" on the internet?

Our doctrines are exposed to everyone. Pick one doctrine that you think is false and let the forum debate it.

Comment

And the levity-driven-by-fear-my-faith-be-wrong-because-I-don't-really-know-if-it's-right award goes to smiley, CatholicScripture, Kmerian.
                          This is hilarious coming from someone who is hiding behind his Romulan Cloaking Device because he is driven by fear that his Church's anti-bible man-made doctrines will be exposed and trounced.

Comment

After reading through this thread, the fear that their faith may in vain is palpable in the posts of Catholic posters.

They are desperately clinging to their scapulars, hoping the RCC is right in its teachings, but having no way to know for sure.
                            Which is funny because that is the attitude Protestants say we should have.

All the time we are told how they check their Pastors words against scriptures constantly.

But they admit that neither they nor their leaders are infallible in any way.

So I guess you can say that they are desperately clinging to their Bibles, hoping they are is right in their beliefs, but having no way to know for sure.
                            This crucifix is for us a book with hieroglyphics of might and power, to enable us to read in a second, at one glance, what it otherwise would take us five minutes to read in the Bible. We have often instructed poor slaves who cannot read. We have told them what Jesus has done for them, arid shown them the crucifix, and thus appealed to their eyes and ears in far less time than by any other method." ~ Rt. Rev. John Timon, Prefect to the Republic of Texas

Comment

How about you just tell us all the paragraphs in the Catholic catechism that are just doctrines and may be false teachings...and which paragraphs are dogmas which must be believed?
                              How about you just tell us all the verses in the Bible that are not "salvation issues" and people are allowed to hold polar opposite views on them and which verses are essentials which must be believed?

Because I would hate to think you are demanding something of others that you yourself can't provide.

1. I asked a simple and reasonable question.
                              No, you really did not. You asked a question to which there is no clear answer to and you know it.

But you counted on that, it allows you your mic drop and victory.

2. I am not debating anyone in this thread. Read the OP once more if you are confused. I asked the Catholic posters to inform us all on all these possible false teachings of your church....and you cry foul.

You know you are hosed and are caught in your claim about your sect teachings. I know why you flail.

The fact that you cannot make your argument without childish taunts shows you that you are the one flailing.

The fact that you cannot provide the same proofs about the Bible tells me at best your argument is that Catholics are no more certain than evangelicals which is a purely pyrrhic victory on your part.
                              This crucifix is for us a book with hieroglyphics of might and power, to enable us to read in a second, at one glance, what it otherwise would take us five minutes to read in the Bible. We have often instructed poor slaves who cannot read. We have told them what Jesus has done for them, arid shown them the crucifix, and thus appealed to their eyes and ears in far less time than by any other method." ~ Rt. Rev. John Timon, Prefect to the Republic of Texas

Comment

That is protestantism in a nutshell.

Lutheran vs. Calvinist vs Anabaptist vs Anglican vs Adventist vs Pentecostal vs Evangelical vs JW vs Mormonism vs thousands of nondenom's

But we are the ones who don't really know if it it's right?

Yeah, ok.

EDIT: Actually this is evangelicalism in a nutshell

Comment

Working...
                                X