Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mary's Immaculate Conception

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

Absolutely. I don't do work for people that should be able to do it themselves.
    well, that should put the end to you asking questions here.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

This question makes no sense, "What does it to faith for salvation, Mark?" Please rephrase it to make it comprehensible.

BTW, you said v. 15 said "faith alone". I've already said it doesn't say that. Please revise your comment accurately reflect Sacred Scripture. Thanks.
      what else is given in that verse besides the need of faith? plz post it if you can. is that vs in the catholic bible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

It's very obvious that you, as a Roman Catholic, know far more about "white flags" than you do about Jesus Christ or even the OP - it appears to be the only thing you post about in here. Evangelicals are only interested in knowing if you have "graciously accepted" Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior - no one is interested in the slightest about how many flags you have accepted - it's sheer and utter foolishness.

The poster could not (and didn't even attempt to) provide a canon in all of church history that did not include the book of Wisdom. Thus, when one refuses to offer an rebuttal and or formulate an objection, they have de facto conceded the argument, i.e. raised their white flag.

You did the same thing here when you raised your white flag, which I also gracious accepted. ----> https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...04#post5246304

"Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

"First, I give thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is heralded throughout the world." - St. Paul to the first Roman Catholics

Comment

• Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

It is not mentioned in God's word or spoken of by Jesus or any of his apostles. What is the problem with that? Does this rule apply to all Christian beliefs?

Scripture alone is not mentioned in scripture or spoken of by Jesus or any of his apostles.
          Did you ever realize rldl, that the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary's conception, NOT to Christ's conception or to the virgin birth?
          RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walpole View Post

The poster could not (and didn't even attempt to) provide a canon in all of church history that did not include the book of Wisdom. Thus, when one refuses to offer an rebuttal and or formulate an objection, they have de facto conceded the argument, i.e. raised their white flag.

You did the same thing here when you raised your white flag, which I also gracious accepted. ----> https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...04#post5246304

Having diagnosed your 'own' thoughts and condition, perhaps you can see the need for personal spiritual regeneration, forsaking your thoughts of unrighteousness, and be renewed in knowledge after the image of your Creator. Instead of consuming yourself with the collection of "flags," turn unto the Lord.
            RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Having diagnosed your 'own' thoughts and condition, perhaps you can see the need for personal spiritual regeneration, forsaking your thoughts of unrighteousness, and be renewed in knowledge after the image of your Creator. Instead of consuming yourself with the collection of "flags," turn unto the Lord.

I'll take this armchair psychoanalysis as your de facto concession and thus I graciously accept yet another of your white flags.

"Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

"First, I give thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is heralded throughout the world." - St. Paul to the first Roman Catholics

Comment

• Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Hmm, again i see scripture where this applies to Jesus;

As usual there is nothing like this supporting the rc view concerning mary. There never is.
                You are so right Nondenom - there never is and there never was any writings in Holy Scripture supporting the RCC's trumped up doctrine of the Immaculate Conception. The point of the RCC doctrine on the immaculate conception is not expressly declared anywhere in the Bible, nor was it ever taught to the Apostles and of course it was never preached by the Apostles, in fact, for many centuries it wasn't even mentioned by the early Church of Jesus Christ. It was an idea that Roman Catholicism created for it's own 'Church' and it began to slowly but steadily promote the false idea, culminating in the false heretical doctrine of the Immaculate Conception created and set forth by the Roman Catholic Church.

Comment

You are so right Nondenom - there never is and there never was any writings in Holy Scripture supporting the RCC's trumped up doctrine of the Immaculate Conception.
                  What would the Bible have to say for you to believe?

Comment

The Bible is the written word of God to be read, and believed. The Roman Catholic doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary is completely without divine sanction, having no higher “authority” than that of the “Roman Catholic Church” with its myriad of popes elected by men and it's councils made up of dubious worldly men.

Comment

The Bible is the written word of God to be read, and believed. The Roman Catholic doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary is completely without divine sanction, having no higher “authority” than that of the “Roman Catholic Church” with its myriad of popes elected by men and it's councils made up of dubious worldly men.

Comment

Comment

that means most catholics here concede on a regular basis.

Comment

I'll take this armchair psychoanalysis as your de facto concession and thus I graciously accept yet another of your white flags.
                            catholics sure like to be busy with things of the world... you plan to take those things with you when you die?

Comment

How bout 1 verse? Jesus is said to be sinless 6 times. How come mary doesn't even have one?
                              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post
                                catholics sure like to be busy with things of the world... you plan to take those things with you when you die?

. . . . . it will be easy for walp to carry his imaginary white flags with him that he places so much worldly value on

Comment

Working...
                                X