Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Where does pope francis get any authority. . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does pope francis get any authority. . .

beyond the scope of his own rcc religious group
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

The Pontiff is also a head of state, and the Vatican is recognized and has diplomatic relations with all nations except Afghanistan, Bhutan, the People's Republic of China, North Korea, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Tuvalu.
    Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might. [Psalm 132:8 (RSVCE)]

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post
      The Pontiff is also a head of state, and the Vatican is recognized and has diplomatic relations with all nations except Afghanistan, Bhutan, the People's Republic of China, North Korea, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Tuvalu.
      He still sits on the white porcelain throne just like you and I do. I am referring to authority FROM GOD, not by man and manmade institutions like the rcc. Those other groups may LISTEN to him, but he cannot ENFORCE any 'authority' over them. They 'recognize' him, but do not consider themselves to be in any way or manner 'under his authority.'

EDITED.
      Last edited by Mod10; 05-17-18, 07:29 AM.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

He still sits on the white porcelain throne just like you and I do. I am referring to authority FROM GOD, not by man and manmade institutions like the rcc. Those other groups may LISTEN to him, but he cannot ENFORCE any 'authority' over them. They 'recognize' him, but do not consider themselves to be in any way or manner 'under his authority.'

EDITED.
        . .
        Your OP asked a direct question. Sorry that there was a factual answer you didn’t like. If you wanted to restrict the discussion to matters within the Church, you could have (and should have) specified.
        Last edited by Mod10; 05-17-18, 07:29 AM.
        Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might. [Psalm 132:8 (RSVCE)]

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

Your OP asked a direct question. Sorry that there was a factual answer you didnít like. If you wanted to restrict the discussion to matters within the Church, you could have (and should have) specified.
          since frankie has NO AUTHORITY outside of his church OVER ANYONE ANYWHERE, you should have UNDERSTOOD THE OP's thrust. Your intentional ignorance is noted. 'Being recognized' and being 'a diplomat' has no REAL authority over ANYONE AT ALL. I'm sorry if you are confused by the English language.

Comment

beyond the scope of his own rcc religious group
            from god himself, being the successor of peter.............

Comment

since frankie has NO AUTHORITY outside of his church OVER ANYONE ANYWHERE, you should have UNDERSTOOD THE OP's thrust. Your intentional ignorance is noted. 'Being recognized' and being 'a diplomat' has no REAL authority over ANYONE AT ALL. I'm sorry if you are confused by the English language.
              Let's see now ...

The thread title is: Where does pope francis get any authority. . .

which continues in the body of the OP: ...beyond the scope of his own rcc religious group.

Thus: Where does Pope Francis get any authority beyond the scope of his own rcc religious group?

If one reads that as a complete thought expressed in the English language as an interrogative, you actually got a precise, on point answer in response.

As you consider the Catholic Church to be "his own rcc religious group", then his authority within than "group" is irrelevant, as you asked specifically about his authority beyond it.

Furthermore, when sovereign states recognize each other diplomatically, they are mutually affirming the legitimacy of their national status and the authority of their respective sovereigns.

So don't have the brass to declare that I am confused by the English language. Your ad hominem aside, you got the answer your question demanded. Perhaps it was you who didn't understand your own question, or couldn't see past your own hatred to express it effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

from god himself, being the successor of peter.............
                Says WHO, frankie's minions? GOD HIMSELF NEVER MADE ANYONE a pope. Frankie has NO authority OVER ANYONE outside of his own corrupt religion. And NOT ONE WORD FROM GOD either. NOT making Peter a pope, NOT make frankie a pope, or head of ANYthing. NOTHING FROM GOD.
                Last edited by Morefish; 05-16-18, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Says WHO, frankie's minions? GOD HIMSELF NEVER MADE ANYONE a pope. Frankie has NO authority OVER ANYONE outside of his own corrupt religion. And NOT ONE WORD FROM GOD either. NOT making Peter a pope, NOT make frankie a pope, or head of ANYthing. NOTHING FROM GOD.
                  Says who? Your personal interpretations of a book you aren't qualified to privately interpret?
                  The son of Mary isn't half God or one-third God. He is fully God.

"No one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. (1Cor 12:3)"

Comment

Originally posted by logix View Post

Says who? Your personal interpretations of a book you aren't qualified to privately interpret?
                    Why do Catholics always degrade Scripture as "a book"?

Comment

Originally posted by logix View Post

Says ME, the HOLY SPIRIT, and ALL NON-rcc folks everywhere.

Are YOU qualified to privately interpret what your priest privately interprets of what his bishop privately interprets of what the ccc writers privately interpreted?

I didn't THINK so. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

Why do Catholics always degrade Scripture as "a book"?
                        Because they follow it only when convenient, just like the mormons and other cultists do.

Comment

The word 'pope' is just a title. It is used to denote the bishop of Rome, the successor of Peter, hence the chief pastor of the One true Church.

Comment

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

The word 'pope' is just a title. It is used to denote the bishop of Rome, the successor of Peter, hence the chief pastor of the One true Church.
                            The only problem with that the Catholic church isn't the one true church.

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

The only problem with that the Catholic church isn't the one true church.
                              Then, which church?

Comment

Working...
                              X