Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Happy Easter!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Happy Easter!!

    Since we are still in the Easter season I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Easter. With that being said I would like to ask the Evangelicals/Fundamentalists/Protestants a question. There are many who say that the word "Easter" comes from paganism and is not biblical. Many replace this with "Resurrection Sunday." Here is my question, if the word "Easter" should not be used and is from paganism then why does it appear in the KJV? Here is the verse from the KJV,
    Acts 12:4 4And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

    Are the Evangelicals/Fundamentalists wrong in saying that the word "Easter" is pagan or is the KJV wrong? Are the Catholics correct in calling Easter "Easter"?
    "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

  • #2
    Are you Orthodox? Or perhaps Eastern Catholic but on the Old Calendar? For those on the New Calendar the Paschal season ended last Thursday.

    That said, in my own particular Church. it is "Pascha" or "the Resurrection" (which happens to be the patronal feast of my current parish).
    Though the godless poured poison in to your veins, your heart still beats with love for Christ,
    O bishop Theodore, martyred father, who now raise your prayers before the Throne of God.

    [Kontakion of Blessed Theodore (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post
      Since we are still in the Easter season I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Easter. With that being said I would like to ask the Evangelicals/Fundamentalists/Protestants a question. There are many who say that the word "Easter" comes from paganism and is not biblical. Many replace this with "Resurrection Sunday." Here is my question, if the word "Easter" should not be used and is from paganism then why does it appear in the KJV? Here is the verse from the KJV,
      Acts 12:4 4And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

      Are the Evangelicals/Fundamentalists wrong in saying that the word "Easter" is pagan or is the KJV wrong? Are the Catholics correct in calling Easter "Easter"?
      I haven't used kjv in years.

      Comment


      • #4
        Passover right word Not Easter!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post
          Are you Orthodox? Or perhaps Eastern Catholic but on the Old Calendar? For those on the New Calendar the Paschal season ended last Thursday.

          That said, in my own particular Church. it is "Pascha" or "the Resurrection" (which happens to be the patronal feast of my current parish).
          I'm a Catholic of the Latin Rite. Eastertide goes from Easter Sunday to Pentecost Sunday(50 days).
          "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

            I haven't used kjv in years.
            So are Evangelicals/Fundamentalists wrong when they say that "Easter" is pagan since it is not found in the Bible but it is found in the KJV, a standard for Protestantism?
            "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
              Passover right word Not Easter!!
              Exactly. In the Catholic Bible the verse is rendered as follows,
              4 As it was during the days of Unleavened Bread that he had arrested him, he put him in prison, assigning four sections of four soldiers each to guard him, meaning to try him in public after the Passover.
              "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post

                So are Evangelicals/Fundamentalists wrong when they say that "Easter" is pagan since it is not found in the Bible but it is found in the KJV, a standard for Protestantism?
                Generally my pastors say Resurrection Day others might say Happy Easter. No biggy.

                I think kjv is no longer considered the standard version by most Christian churches. We use ESV in my church

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

                  Generally my pastors say Resurrection Day others might say Happy Easter. No biggy.

                  I think kjv is no longer considered the standard version by most Christian churches. We use ESV in my church
                  Thank you for your comment.
                  "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Threads like this are started by Catholic apologists to try to portray themselves as being so loving and caring while painting those who truly follow Jesus Christ as hateful.

                    Don't be fooled by the charade from Catholic apologists.
                    "Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

                    Catholicism's doctrines of demons:

                    1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
                    1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Doug View Post
                      Threads like this are started by Catholic apologists to try to portray themselves as being so loving and caring while painting those who truly follow Jesus Christ as hateful.

                      Don't be fooled by the charade from Catholic apologists.
                      So what do you think, Doug? Do you think that the word "Easter" is pagan and should not be used even though the KJV has in there?
                      "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post

                        So what do you think, Doug? Do you think that the word "Easter" is pagan and should not be used even though the KJV has in there?
                        Instead of always looking for what mere men think, how about doing the unthinkable for Catholic apologists, look for Jesus Christ?

                        But just to warn you, if you find Jesus Christ and follow Him, and if the Catholic Church, their apologists and Catholic family find out about it, you will be condemned, ostracized and mocked by them.
                        "Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

                        Catholicism's doctrines of demons:

                        1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
                        1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Doug View Post

                          Instead of always looking for what mere men think, how about doing the unthinkable for Catholic apologists, look for Jesus Christ?

                          But just to warn you, if you find Jesus Christ and follow Him, and if the Catholic Church, their apologists and Catholic family find out about it, you will be condemned, ostracized and mocked by them.
                          Why are you trying to dodge my question, Doug? What are you afraid of? Doesn't Our Lord say, "Do not be afraid."
                          "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post

                            Why are you trying to dodge my question, Doug? What are you afraid of? Doesn't Our Lord say, "Do not be afraid."
                            Why do Catholic apologists continually reject looking for Jesus Christ?

                            It is because the Catholic Church and their apologists are against Jesus Christ.

                            "Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

                            Catholicism's doctrines of demons:

                            1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
                            1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Doug View Post

                              Why do Catholic apologists continually reject looking for Jesus Christ?

                              It is because the Catholic Church and their apologists are against Jesus Christ.
                              Why do Evangelical/Fundamentalist/Protestants dodge questions posed by Catholics? Maybe they do not have the Holy Spirit to guide them to the truth.
                              "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X