Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Catholicism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
    Those who are born of water and Spirit have the Holy Spirit. Arian evangelicals supposedly have a telephone "direct line".
    are you again accusing me of being Arian?

have you posted the definition of Arian yet? if so, link to it.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

I did come to Christ to receive eternal life (John 5:40).
      No, you are your own authority.

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post
        please highlight where it mentions baptism in vs 5 below -

John 3 -

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
        The entire Chapter 3 of John talks about baptism. You are a typical evangelical taking a single word out of the context of its entire Chapter!

Comment

are you again accusing me of being Arian?

have you posted the definition of Arian yet? if so, link to it.

Then tell us you're not one. We waiting.......

Comment

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post
            No, we believe in ecclesial authority

while you believe in your own authority.
            you believe in what your Church / denom teaches you.

I believe in what God's word says. God is the authority.

Comment

The entire Chapter 3 of John talks about baptism. You are a typical evangelical taking a single word out of the context of its entire Chapter!
              no, that's a catholic thing to do. I left that behind many decades ago.

Comment

Then tell us you're not one. We waiting.......
                in other words, you don't know what it means. thx for finally answering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

I did come to Christ to receive eternal life (John 5:40).
                  Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

No, you are your own authority.
                  The wafer stops RCs turning to Christ to receive eternal life.

Comment

no, that's a catholic thing to do. I left that behind many decades ago.
                    Nope. You are clearing doing it now for all to see.

Comment

in other words, you don't know what it means. thx for finally answering.
                      You're hesitating in denying that you are an Arian. Looks more and more that you are one. The JW's are cheering you on.

Comment

Your amniotic fluid interpretation of water in John 3:5 is indeed silly and should be ignored.
                        Because it would put the Holy Roman Catholic Paedobaptismal regeneration heresy out of business if folks understood what the passage in John 3 really meant (and it's not necessarily "Amniotic fluid" at all), but what it absolutely ISN'T is "Baptism".

Comment

You're hesitating in denying that you are an Arian. Looks more and more that you are one. The JW's are cheering you on.
                          nope. replying to your accusations is just a waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
                            Because it would put the Holy Roman Catholic Paedobaptismal regeneration heresy out of business if folks understood what the passage in John 3 really meant (and it's not necessarily "Amniotic fluid" at all), but what it absolutely ISN'T is "Baptism".
                            nope. baptism isn't mentioned.

there does need to be a birth prior to a re-birth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

How do you understand born again of water and the Holy Spirit in john 3?

do you use water when baptizing in your church?

finally, what did Jesus do after explaining 'born again of water and spirit' to nicodemus?

Comment

nope. baptism isn't mentioned. There does need to be a birth prior to a re-birth.
                                That's it. The proper understanding of the whole exchange is Jesus presenting to Nicodemus the CONTRAST between the "Natural", and the "Spiritual", and the need for the natural to be reborn spiritually, in order to even be AWARE of the reality of God's "Kingdom" (that over which God reigns).

Comment

Working...
                                X