Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

what if the Catholic Church becomes antinomian and Mid-Acts Dispensationalist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
    Golly Gee. You are reduced to asking what is the Gospel because your Church has still not taught you the Gospel?
    The straw man queen returns...

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

so your answer is Catholics do it too?

Well guess what, that doesn't legitimize the different Gospels your group teaches.
      Please articulate and attribute each of the different gospels you've heard.

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

NonCC's try to claim a secret knowledge of the Gospel encoded in one sentence. The Gospel is literally 'good news' and it is the fact that Jesus came to redeem us all without distinction. The Church says the whole summary of the Good News is captured by the Our Father.
        Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

What ncc's are you talking about claiming a "secret knowledge" of the Gospel encoded? You mean John 3:16? There's no secret here.

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

So you think the apostles and disciples dispersed into the unsaved world to teach the Our Father prayer?

Did the apostles and disciples go out into the unsaved world to teach them to say the Our Father prayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
          Please articulate and attribute each of the different gospels you've heard.
          Good luck with that.

Comment

Good luck with that.
            I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

if it is, then OSAS - the belief that salvation is a one time event - runs afoul with this expression of the gospel

"believes" is a continuing action
              2 Corinthians
              6 Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 2 For he says,

“In a favorable time I listened to you,
              and in a day of salvation I have helped you.”

Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry,

Comment

2 Corinthians
                6 Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 2 For he says,

“In a favorable time I listened to you,
                and in a day of salvation I have helped you.”

Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry,
                Matthew 24:13 (NASB)

But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

"Do whatever He tells you." [John 2:5 (RSVCE)]

Comment

yep, someone who is saved and makes it to the end of their earthly life, will be saved...

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

So you believe you aren't saved and won't know for sure till you're dead?

BTW, that verse pertains to End Times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

So you believe you aren't saved and won't know for sure till you're dead?

BTW, that verse pertains to End Times.
                      The temple was destroyed in 70AD

We're still here

Comment

• Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

We're still here
                        Joe, as a reprobate, you simply weren't raptured.
                        "Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one."
                        ---Flannery O'Connor

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudder View Post

Joe, as a reprobate, you simply weren't raptured.
                          Of course! Thanks!

Comment

We're still here
                            so?

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post

so?
                              you haven't been raptured?

Comment

you haven't been raptured?
                                last I looked in a mirror, I was still here.

when is that supposed to happen? do you know what it is?

Comment

Working...
                                X