Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Infallible interpretation of verses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infallible interpretation of verses

these are the fifteen verses infallibly interpreted by the Catholic Church.

(1) Romans 5:12 ("By one man sin entered into this world") refers to original sin.

(2) I Corinthians 4:7 ("What hast thou that thou hast not received") proves divine grace to be a sheer gift of God.

(3) Isaiah 7:14 ("Behold a virgin shall be with child, etc." [sic]) must be regarded as prophetic of a Redeemer to come.

(4) Genesis 3:15 ("I will put enmity between thee and the woman"), and Luke 1:28 ("Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee") contain at least implicitly the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

(5) Philippians 2:6 ("Christ Jesus, being in the form of God, did not prize being equal with God, etc." [sic]) refers to the existence of the person of Christ as the Second Divine Person of the Holy Trinity before He became man in the Incarnation.

(6) Matthew 16:16-19 ("Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church") and John 21:15-17 ("Feed my lambs . . . Feed my sheep") contain the doctrine of Papal Supremacy.

(7) Luke 22:32 ("I have prayed for thee that thy faith fail not and do thou . . . confirm thy brethren") must be interpreted as providing a basis for the doctrine of Papal Infallibility.

(8) John 3:5 ("Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God") shows the necessity of the Sacrament of Baptism with water.

(9) Luke 22:19 and I Corinthians 11:24, recording our Lord's words at the Last Supper: "Do this for a commemoration of me", indicate the institution of the Sacrament of Holy Orders, the apostles being ordained as priests to offer the Sacrifice of the Mass or Holy Eucharist.

(10) Matthew 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20; I Corinthians 11:23-29, demand the literal and not merely a symbolical interpretation of our Lord's words at the Last Supper: "This is my body," "This is my blood," so that we must hold they teach the Real Presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist or Blessed Sacrament.

(11) Malachi 1:11 ("From the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles; and in every place there is sacrifice") is a prediction of the Sacrifice of the Mass.

(12) John 6:54-57 ("unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood") does not require Communion in both kinds instead of under the form of bread only.

(13) Matthew 18:18 ("Whatsoever you shall loose upon earth shall be loosed also in heaven") and John 20:23 ("Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them") prove the Sacrament of Penance and the power of priests to forgive sins in confession.

(14) James 5:14 ("Is any man sick . . . let him bring in the priests of the Church . . . anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord") teaches the existence of the Sacrament of Extreme Unction.

(15) Deuteronomy 6:5 and Matthew 22:37 ("Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and souls and mind and strength") do not require a love so spiritual and out of this world as to exclude all human emotional feelings and desires based on devotional sentiments.

For the non-Catholics, can you list the verses officially interpreted by your church?

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

(1) Romans 5:12 ("By one man sin entered into this world") refers to original sin.

(2) I Corinthians 4:7 ("What hast thou that thou hast not received") proves divine grace to be a sheer gift of God.

(3) Isaiah 7:14 ("Behold a virgin shall be with child, etc." [sic]) must be regarded as prophetic of a Redeemer to come.

(4) Genesis 3:15 ("I will put enmity between thee and the woman"), and Luke 1:28 ("Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee") contain at least implicitly the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

(5) Philippians 2:6 ("Christ Jesus, being in the form of God, did not prize being equal with God, etc." [sic]) refers to the existence of the person of Christ as the Second Divine Person of the Holy Trinity before He became man in the Incarnation.

(6) Matthew 16:16-19 ("Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church") and John 21:15-17 ("Feed my lambs . . . Feed my sheep") contain the doctrine of Papal Supremacy.

(7) Luke 22:32 ("I have prayed for thee that thy faith fail not and do thou . . . confirm thy brethren") must be interpreted as providing a basis for the doctrine of Papal Infallibility.

(8) John 3:5 ("Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God") shows the necessity of the Sacrament of Baptism with water.

(9) Luke 22:19 and I Corinthians 11:24, recording our Lord's words at the Last Supper: "Do this for a commemoration of me", indicate the institution of the Sacrament of Holy Orders, the apostles being ordained as priests to offer the Sacrifice of the Mass or Holy Eucharist.

(10) Matthew 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20; I Corinthians 11:23-29, demand the literal and not merely a symbolical interpretation of our Lord's words at the Last Supper: "This is my body," "This is my blood," so that we must hold they teach the Real Presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist or Blessed Sacrament.

(11) Malachi 1:11 ("From the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles; and in every place there is sacrifice") is a prediction of the Sacrifice of the Mass.

(12) John 6:54-57 ("unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood") does not require Communion in both kinds instead of under the form of bread only.

(13) Matthew 18:18 ("Whatsoever you shall loose upon earth shall be loosed also in heaven") and John 20:23 ("Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them") prove the Sacrament of Penance and the power of priests to forgive sins in confession.

(14) James 5:14 ("Is any man sick . . . let him bring in the priests of the Church . . . anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord") teaches the existence of the Sacrament of Extreme Unction.

(15) Deuteronomy 6:5 and Matthew 22:37 ("Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and souls and mind and strength") do not require a love so spiritual and out of this world as to exclude all human emotional feelings and desires based on devotional sentiments.

For the non-Catholics, can you list the verses officially interpreted by your church?
    Why would we even bother to DO IT AGAIN, like we've already done it 100 times before right here??? You couldnt care LESS what any of us think. Your mind is made up, You take your "magisterium" seriously, and anything a "NON-Catholic" would say would only be trodden underfoot, and then you'd just turn on us again.

Comment

with all the yrs that catholic claim it existed, this is it? and at least the majority of those are glaringly wrong.

I guess they've been too busy making up other beliefs, doctrines etc, to actually spend time to find out what is meant by verses in God's word.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
        with all the yrs that catholic claim it existed, this is it? and at least the majority of those are glaringly wrong.

I guess they've been too busy making up other beliefs, doctrines etc, to actually spend time to find out what is meant by verses in God's word.

Where is your church's official list?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Why would we even bother to DO IT AGAIN, like we've already done it 100 times before right here??? You couldnt care LESS what any of us think. Your mind is made up, You take your "magisterium" seriously, and anything a "NON-Catholic" would say would only be trodden underfoot, and then you'd just turn on us again.
          Do you have such a list or none?

Comment

I've posted it RIGHT HERE many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

I've posted it RIGHT HERE many times.
              Please post it for the benefit of those who missed it. Thanks.

Comment

Where is your church's official list?
                in scripture

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

it is very disappointing.

non-caths keep on chiding the church for the official interpretation of verses. but, now that I have posted such a list and am asking for their church's list, all they can do is the usual evade and deny tactic.

is the official interpretation of verses for the catholic church only?

don't they have such a list?

I guess, not all denomination have a single united interpretation of a verse.

case closed.

Comment

what is the source of YOUR list that you provided?
                    One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Do you?
                      please point us to the official list of Infallibly interpreted verses of the Catholic Church:

I'll save you time:
                      It doesn't exist, and you know it!
                      <just when I think Catholic apologetics can't get any lower>
                      Case closed
                      Last edited by tester; 07-10-18, 07:42 AM.
                      One of the ekklēsia

Comment

God cannot reduplicate Himself in Himself. Thus, God created Adam sin-ful, or as the word is defined, "missing the mark of the glory of God.
                        The translators translate the Greek "hamartia" as "sin."
                        There is only One God. God created Adam/man sinful, or missing the mark of the glory of God because there is only ONE God.
                        Not two.

Grace is defined in Scripture as "unmerited favor."
                        Grace is a gift. We can't do anything to receive it.

Isaiah's wife is who is being spoken of here, but since it is prophecy and Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and for ever is the foundation of prophecy. It is in context to the past, present, and future. It prophesies Messiah being born to a woman. "Mary full of grace" doesn't mean Mary was sinless, she wasn't. It means of all the Hebrew women she was the one chosen of God to physically bring forth Israel's Messiah Jesus Christ.

NO ONE was born sinless except Jesus. Everyone including Mary is a sinner in need of a Savior. Mary called God "my Savior" indicating she, too, was a sinner in need of a Savior.

Agree.

No. Jesus builds His Church. Not the pope.

No, it means that Peter was a sinner and as a sinner is he was just as prone to getting it wrong just like us other bottom-feeders who think one can just UP and go to God without being call.

Necessary? No.

I am a priest but I don't offer those kind of sacrifices. The communion/meal in Scripture is the Passover Meal. Unless you do it in accordance to Scripture then you fail.
                        It was a meal. Dinner. Supper. Nothing "spiritual" about it at all. It was a meal. A Passover Meal. Don't elevate it to godlike status.

As a believer Jesus calls me a priest. All believers are priests. The real Presence of Christ does not inhabit inanimate objects. His Presence is IN PEOPLE. Not things.

No it is not. You're reaching.

What??

If someone cuts in front of me in line I can forgive with or without excuse. Who will you forgive today? ONLY GOD CAN FORGIVE SIN IN MAN THAT SEPARATES MAN FROM GOD.

I can perform this if someone is dying. I would say "Bye-bye."

Actually, it does. Love is not a feeling, it's an action - a verb.
                        God so loved that He [did something, an action], He gave [something, or someone.]

Too many.

Comment

Originally posted by tester View Post

what is the source of YOUR list that you provided?
                          show me your church's list first, then I will show you my source and you can show me your source, too.

Comment

Originally posted by tester View Post

Do you?
                            please point us to the official list of Infallibly interpreted verses of the Catholic Church:

I'll save you time:
                            It doesn't exist, and you know it!
                            <just when I think Catholic apologetics can't get any lower>
                            Case closed
                            are you saying your church does not have a list?

Comment

error

Comment

Working...
                              X