Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Infallible interpretation of verses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highrigger
    replied
    Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

The Church of England broke communion with the Church of Rome.

Your denomination broke from the Church of England.

You individually espouse beliefs that are fundamentally contrary to Methodism, while still calling yourself a Methodist.

So yes, you broke away from the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church three times over.
    I broke away from no one at all. You know very little about my church. You make silly claims and never back them up with anything.

Same ole. Same ole.

You help me make my case. as usual.

JohnR

Leave a comment:

• Curious Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by highrigger View Post

It was not intended to be a negative assurance.
    That's what it is, by definition, even according to the citation you made.

Embarrass yourself again, John.

Leave a comment:

• highrigger
    replied

Do you even bother to read what you quote?

"The imprimatur is not an endorsement by the bishop of the contents of a book, not
    even of the religious opinions expressed in it, being merely a declaration
    about what is not in the book."

This is what you have been told repeatedly. Imprimatur is negative assurance.

Don't claim to be teaching us what the Church teaches when you can't even accurately relay a Wikipedia entry.
    It was not intended to be a negative assurance. Otherwise why waste all that time? You should be confident that Fr. Brown expresses nothing

against Catholic faith and morals.

And he was one of the top scholars of the Catholic church. If you want to ignore him you may. I am glad to have him on my side in the debate.

JohnR

Leave a comment:

• highrigger
    replied

guess you were home sick the day they covered the charism of infallibility at Catholic school ...
    I feel sorry for those kids.

JohnR

Leave a comment:

• Curious Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by mica View Post

that confuses you? I spect it does if one doesn't know Him and have a good understanding of His word. Those who follow the RCC, have neither.

you should do something about that …
    guess you were home sick the day they covered the charism of infallibility at Catholic school ...

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied

The Holy Spirit is infallible. Humans are not.

changing your tune?

yes, one can infallibly know some things. Those confirmed by the Holy Spirit.
    that confuses you? I spect it does if one doesn't know Him and have a good understanding of His word. Those who follow the RCC, have neither.

you should do something about that …

Last edited by mica; 07-21-18, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Curious Joe
    replied

lol! sure Joe... you'd like to think that.

surely you know this is true, given your extensive Catholic education

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied

only difference between you and JohnR is that you are still Catholic, and always will be
    lol! sure Joe... you'd like to think that.

Leave a comment:

• Curious Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by highrigger View Post

I notice that SAINT Augustine who tortured heretics is also quoted in there a lot. I don't read a thing he said. I don't think that torturing heretics is very Holy.

Do you?

JohnR
    We're all still waiting for the evidence that Saint Augustine tortured anyone. When can we expect that, John?

Leave a comment:

• highrigger
    replied
    Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

These are also in the catechism where you can see church councils, papal encyclicals, ecf writings.... in the footnotes to back it up.
    I notice that SAINT Augustine who tortured heretics is also quoted in there a lot. I don't read a thing he said. I don't think that torturing heretics is very Holy.

Do you?

JohnR

Leave a comment:

• highrigger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

They have no need for such a list because it is left up to each individual to decide what the Bible means.
    We have bible studies and the teacher teaches the what is in our official Methodist discipline found on the web.

No one must agree. We do not have a list of essentials. We respect the opinions of all. That is what makes our bible

studies so much fun and instructional. We can all chime in with our opinions and scripture verses. We really learn that

way and enjoy. No one lays down the Law. The opinions of all are respected. You are free to attend and explain your own opinions.

See you there some day.

JohnR

Leave a comment:

• highrigger
    replied
    Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

are you saying your church does not have a list?
    I thought I explained. My church does not have a list of what is essential to be a Christian. We must accept Jesus Christ s our Lord and savior.

To be a Methodist we must participate with our prayers, our presence and our service. That is about it.

I am glad we do not have a CCC with all those ESSENTIAL things that simply confuse poor Catholics.

JohnR

Leave a comment:

• Curious Joe
    replied

The Holy Spirit is infallible. Humans are not.
    changing your tune?

yes, one can infallibly know some things. Those confirmed by the Holy Spirit.

Leave a comment:

• Curious Joe
    replied
    according to the false beliefs of the RCC. since it is false, anyone breaking away from it, does a good thing.
    only difference between you and JohnR is that you are still Catholic, and always will be

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    The Church of England broke communion with the Church of Rome.

Your denomination broke from the Church of England.

You individually espouse beliefs that are fundamentally contrary to Methodism, while still calling yourself a Methodist.

So yes, you broke away from the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church three times over.
    according to the false beliefs of the RCC. since it is false, anyone breaking away from it, does a good thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X