Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Infallible interpretation of verses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeremiah1five
    replied
    Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

thanks for being frank and honest.
    Oh, you'll always get that from me.

But my name's not frank. It's jer or jere or jeremiah or jeremiah1five.

Not frank.

Leave a comment:

• ramcam2
    replied
    Originally posted by tester View Post

i have already

the tile of RamCam2's thread is "Infallible interpretation of verses"
    Protestants don't claim to have infallible lists: that would require omniscience.

RC2's list is also found at EWTN
    http://www.ewtn.com/v/experts/showme...30&language=en

along with the comment " that this is a nice collection of teachings which have a biblical basis. I am not inclined to think that the list is exhaustive, "

RC2's list is also found at Cathoicfidelty dot com
    https://www.catholicfidelity.com/apo...-by-the-church

along with 3 other different lists

Please provide the official list of infallibly interpreted verses from the Catholic Church
    where I got it from does not matter. it is a list of verses backed up by church councils and papal documents.

what matters is you cannot answer a simple question.... do your church have a list?

only jeremiah1five is honest enough to answer!!!

Leave a comment:

• ramcam2
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremiah1five View Post

No list. I'm quick on my feet!
    thanks for being frank and honest.

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied
    can you list the verses officially interpreted by your church?
    i have already

the tile of RamCam2's thread is "Infallible interpretation of verses"
    Protestants don't claim to have infallible lists: that would require omniscience.

RC2's list is also found at EWTN
    http://www.ewtn.com/v/experts/showme...30&language=en

along with the comment " that this is a nice collection of teachings which have a biblical basis. I am not inclined to think that the list is exhaustive, "

RC2's list is also found at Cathoicfidelty dot com
    https://www.catholicfidelity.com/apo...-by-the-church

along with 3 other different lists

Please provide the official list of infallibly interpreted verses from the Catholic Church

Leave a comment:

• jeremiah1five
    replied

why can't you just admit you do not have such a list, ok?

I will understand, thanks.
    No list. I'm quick on my feet!

Leave a comment:

• ramcam2
    replied
    Originally posted by Algo View Post
    "The mistranslation, misinterpretation and misapplication of Genesis 3:15 has led to the false teaching that it is Mary who will defeat satan."
    can you list the verses officially interpreted by your church?

Leave a comment:

• Algo
    replied
    "The mistranslation, misinterpretation and misapplication of Genesis 3:15 has led to the false teaching that it is Mary who will defeat satan."

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

the official list is ln the catechism.

it is the teaching of the church that was promised the guidance of the holy spirit.

do you have something like a catechism?
    The Catechism uses proof texts..isolated and out of context ... the catechism is not an infallible document.. just give us the Vatican link to infallibly interpreted scripture

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

for your information, these lists are backed up by church councils, papal documents, and with biblical basis. it may not be exhaustive.

does your church have such a list?

Just give us the link to the infallible scripture by the magisterium.. there must be a link

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied

it is the teaching of the church that was promised the guidance of the holy spirit.

There is nothing in the catechism which says those verses have been infallibly defined "officially," ramcam2....

Leave a comment:

• ramcam2
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie View Post
    That's correct.

There is no list of infallibly defined scripture verses in RCism that I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• ramcam2
    replied
    Originally posted by Atemi View Post

Yup. So is it Joe telling us the truth, or is it Ramcam?
    I am sure joe's list is backed up by church councils and papal documents. this means that both my list and joe's list are implied as infallibly interpreted.
    Last edited by ramcam2; 07-10-18, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ramcam2
    replied
    Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

These lists are guesses and nothing more...Rome has never disclosed their "infallibly defined scripture" My guess is that way it is subject to change
    for your information, these lists are backed up by church councils, papal documents, and with biblical basis. it may not be exhaustive.

does your church have such a list?
    Last edited by ramcam2; 07-10-18, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied

you keep chiding catholics for the official interpretation of verses and now when presented with a list, you cannot agree.
    Show me in the Vatican archives where it is stated that those verses are infallibly defined?

Originally posted by ramcam2
    and, when asked for your particular church's list, you say many things (evade and deny).
    I don't believe men are infallible; therefore, I am it is impossible for me to be evasive in not supplying a list of infallibly defined verses for you.

don't you realize your double standard in this thread?
    I have no double standard with regard to the fallibility of men: all men are fallible.

you can just say your church have no list and I will understand.
    I've made it clear to you for years, ramcam2, that all me are fallible, and you do not understand, so don't say you will understand when you haven't understood for years and years...

Leave a comment:

• Algo
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie View Post
    The big question with respect to your claim is, how can the fallible leadership of the RCC "infallibly" define anything?
    The fact is that they cannot.
    • Augustine (354-430): For since man is most properly understood (or, if that cannot be, then, at least, believed) to be made in God's image, no doubt it is that part of him by which he rises above those lower parts he has in common with the beasts, which brings him nearer to the Supreme. But since the mind itself, though naturally capable of reason and intelligence is disabled by besotting and inveterate vices not merely from delighting and abiding in, but even from tolerating His unchangeable light, until it has been gradually healed, and renewed, and made capable of such felicity, it had, in the first place, to be impregnated with faith, and so purified. And that in this faith it might advance the more confidently towards the truth, the truth itself, God, God's Son, assuming humanity without destroying His divinity, established and founded this faith, that there might be a way for man to man's God through a God-man. For this is the Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. For it is as man that He is the Mediator and the Way. Since, if the way lieth between him who goes, and the place whither he goes, there is hope of his reaching it; but if there be no way, or if he know not where it is, what boots it to know whither he should go? Now the only way that is infallibly secured against all mistakes, is when the very same person is at once God and man, God our end, man our way. NPNF1: Vol. II, The City of God, Book XI, Chapter 2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X