Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

one person two natures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utilyan
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas View Post

I'm lost. What do you mean by the words "two persons" -- could you make a complete sentence, so I'll know?
    A Priest, a Rabbi and a Minister walked into their favourite bar, where they would get together two or three times a week for drinks and to talk. On this particular afternoon, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it. Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the experience.

The Priest, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches, and has various bandages, goes first. "Well," he says, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

The Minister spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he claimed, “Well brothers, you know that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I found me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's Holy word! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took hold of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, up another and down another until we came to a creek. So I quick dunked him and baptized his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus."

They both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IV's and monitors running in and out of him. He was in bad shape.

The rabbi looks up and says, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start."

Leave a comment:

• CatholicScripture
    replied
    Originally posted by tester View Post

here's what you can't seem to follow:

when you see the word "God", you think Jesus is God

when others see the word "God " , they think God is The Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit

for example ,, the phrase " Mother of God" contains the word "God"

therefore you should define who God is
    not who is God.
    You don't think Jesus is God?

Leave a comment:

• Thomas
    replied
    Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post
    two persons ...
    I'm lost. What do you mean by the words "two persons" -- could you make a complete sentence, so I'll know?

Leave a comment:

• utilyan
    replied
    At the conception of Jesus Christ this Man is 100% GOD and in the womb of Mary.

Leave a comment:

• utilyan
    replied
    There is only ONE LORD.

Ephesians 5

5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Deuteronomy 6

4“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! 5“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Psalm 18

31For who is God, but the LORD?
    And who is a rock, except our God,

Luke 1
    “And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?

who is God, but the LORD?

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    Originally posted by utilyan View Post
    Yes it does. When the holy spirit entered Elizabeth she recognized THE MOTHER OF MY LORD.

Luke 2

11for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

There is only one Lord God Almighty.

Luke 1

42And she cried out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43“And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?

do you know the difference between LORD and Lord?

Leave a comment:

• utilyan
    replied
    Originally posted by nan View Post

Does scripture say that Mary carried God in her womb?
    Yes it does. When the holy spirit entered Elizabeth she recognized THE MOTHER OF MY LORD.

Luke 2

11for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Luke 1

42And she cried out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43“And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rome
    replied

when others see the word "God " , they think God is The Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit

not who is God.
    You don't think Jesus is God?

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied
    Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post
    Here's another example

nan splits Jesus in two during Jesus' time inside Mary's womb

Jesus-Human inside of Mary's womb, but Jesus-God not inside of Mary's womb.

not who is God.

Leave a comment:

• nan
    replied
    Here's another example

Does scripture say that Mary carried God in her womb?

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied

Great example Joe.

Here, tester asserts that Jesus-Human died, but Jesus-God didn't

He split Jesus in two persons.
    Nope , I was referring to natures

Leave a comment:

• CatholicScripture
    replied
    Here's another example

Originally posted by nan View Post

Did Mary carry God in her womb? Yes or No?

No.

Leave a comment:

• CatholicScripture
    replied
    two persons ...

Jesus descendant of Abraham from the line of David, son of Mary, Son of Man, the Lamb of God, the last Adam died on the Cross: killed by a few Roman soldiers.
    His life ceased

The Christ, the Supreme Creator of all, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Eternal, the Logos, the Sustainer of ALL things, the Great I AM, the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." did not die on the Cross
    His life never ceases
    Great example Joe.

Here, tester asserts that Jesus-Human died, but Jesus-God didn't

He split Jesus in two persons.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rome
    replied
    two persons ...
    Yeah, it seems that he thinks Jesus and Christ are two different persons.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rome
    replied
    Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

Dead bodies are....wait for it...DEAD. Lol

You said, "people cease to live" which makes no sense.
    Dead bodies were never live dead bodies. Dead bodies don't cease to live. Bodies cease to live. Then they are dead bodies. Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X