Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

one person two natures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tester
    started a topic one person two natures

one person two natures

I believe each of these statements are true
    do Catholics agree with each statement?

Jesus Christ is one person; not two.
    Jesus Christ has two natures; not one.

One of His natures is Divine.
    One of His natures is human.

Everything that is true about the Divine nature is true about the person of Jesus Christ.
    Everything that is true about the human nature is true about the person of Jesus Christ.

NOT everything that is true about the Divine nature is true about the human nature of Jesus Christ.
    NOT everything that is true about the human nature is true about the Divine nature of Jesus Christ.

NOT everything that is true about the person of Jesus Christ is true about the human nature of Jesus Christ.
    NOT everything that is true about the person of Jesus Christ is true about the Divine nature of Jesus Christ.

• Conqueror
    replied

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Have you ever repented from the torture
    and murder of the Inquisition by leaving RCism ???

Enjoy your time in Roman Catholic Carnality Inc.

Originally posted by utilyan View Post

Like saying Jesus should repent for what Jews do.

I heard another voice from heaven saying,
    Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins,
    and lest you receive of her plagues
    (Re 18:4).

That lack of forgiveness of sin is in stark contrast to
    that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself,
    not imputing their trespasses to them (2 Co 5:19).

Leave a comment:

• utilyan
    replied
    Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Like saying Jesus should repent for what Jews do.

You never sin do you conqueror? Donatist never do.

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied

Our God doesn't get satisfaction from sadistic abuse of others.

Only evil people are sadists.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied

Yeah we are the prodigal son the entire point of the parable. The Father is GOD. You don't see him torture anyone over forgiving his son, that would just be stupid.

If the parable had nothing to do with us he would not have brought it up.

"I'm warning you,"

Its good to see some good in you, the good part of you protecting me from your evil god.

I would never have to warn you against God. I would never have to have you 2nd guess that he does all that is best for you and is the greatest friend in your life.

"So far, you're on the road to justice, you and all your Catholic friends who believe as you do."

Yeah i'm not a Gnostic so what your mistaken knowledge of God is doesn't diminish his love for you.

My God is merciful and understanding despite how totally wrong you are about his character.

Its like you said Those who lack the Gnostic understanding you have, are in grave peril at the hands of your retributive God.

Jesus Christ however is way too merciful and kind to ever be a threat to anyone just based on what special KNOWLEDGE they have, Paul is an example to that mercy.
    Thanks for your comments.

Leave a comment:

• utilyan
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie View Post
    Sure He did (2 Cor 5:17; Is 53, et. al.)

There you go stating the obvious again.

Uh, Jesus isn't the prodigal son, and neither am I, and neither are you.

Pal, that Christ paid the penalty for the sins of those He will save is stated throughout Scripture. But, hey, if you Catholics think you can pay for the penalty of your sins, I wish you well and tell you, you have already failed.

Another Catholic bastardization of the language.

I'm warning you, you are either going to get what you deserve from God -- justice -- or what you don't derserve -- mercy.

So far, you're on the road to justice, you and all your Catholic friends who believe as you do.
    Yeah we are the prodigal son the entire point of the parable. The Father is GOD. You don't see him torture anyone over forgiving his son, that would just be stupid.

If the parable had nothing to do with us he would not have brought it up.

"I'm warning you,"

Its good to see some good in you, the good part of you protecting me from your evil god.

I would never have to warn you against God. I would never have to have you 2nd guess that he does all that is best for you and is the greatest friend in your life.

"So far, you're on the road to justice, you and all your Catholic friends who believe as you do."

Yeah i'm not a Gnostic so what your mistaken knowledge of God is doesn't diminish his love for you.

My God is merciful and understanding despite how totally wrong you are about his character.

Its like you said Those who lack the Gnostic understanding you have, are in grave peril at the hands of your retributive God.

Jesus Christ however is way too merciful and kind to ever be a threat to anyone just based on what special KNOWLEDGE they have, Paul is an example to that mercy.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

Rubbish. Your claim that the doctrine of the Trinity is clearly defined by Scripture just doesn't hold up to scrutiny and you run off and hide from discussion. Tester is referencing the Hebrew, the Greek and history in order to define the meaning of God.... not even registering that what he is referencing is a long tradition of scholarship and theological method. It's just rubbish that someone can understand Scripture simply by reading the bible cold and we know that for one thing because of the history of debate between eminent theologians and holy men, about so many tenets.
    Thanks for your comments, Mercedes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Howie View Post
    They can't help themselves tester. Mischaracteriztion of the words of others is a primary apologetic tool for them.
    Rubbish. Your claim that the doctrine of the Trinity is clearly defined by Scripture just doesn't hold up to scrutiny and you run off and hide from discussion. Tester is referencing the Hebrew, the Greek and history in order to define the meaning of God.... not even registering that what he is referencing is a long tradition of scholarship and theological method. It's just rubbish that someone can understand Scripture simply by reading the bible cold and we know that for one thing because of the history of debate between eminent theologians and holy men, about so many tenets.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    Originally posted by tester View Post
    i didn't say that!

WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY ATTEMPT TO MAKE A POINT WITHOUT MIS-CHARACTERIZING ME?

What I am saying is that Hebrew makes a distinction between LORD and Lord which the Greek does not.
    They can't help themselves tester. Mischaracteriztion of the words of others is a primary apologetic tool for them.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    God doesn't torture Jesus for the sins you commit.
    Sure He did (2 Cor 5:17; Is 53, et. al.)

Originally posted by utilysn
    God is not evil.
    There you go stating the obvious again.

Originally posted by utilyan
    The Father doesn't take the prodigal son back and say......Well hold on someone is going to have to pay up for the squandered inheritance this kid took. Let me go beat my good son or slave for what he did.
    Uh, Jesus isn't the prodigal son, and neither am I, and neither are you.

Your idea of God has ZERO FORGIVENESS for anything. It all must be PAID one way or another.
    Pal, that Christ paid the penalty for the sins of those He will save is stated throughout Scripture. But, hey, if you Catholics think you can pay for the penalty of your sins, I wish you well and tell you, you have already failed.

God is for Restorative justice not sadistic retribution.
    Another Catholic bastardization of the language.

I'm warning you, you are either going to get what you deserve from God -- justice -- or what you don't derserve -- mercy.

So far, you're on the road to justice, you and all your Catholic friends who believe as you do.

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

You mean we need to compare the Greek with Greek?. Okay. Matthew 1:20 says an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph. Lord= Kyriou. Same word used in Luke 1:43. Is Jesus a different or lesser God than the Lord of the Old Testament?
    i didn't say that!

WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY ATTEMPT TO MAKE A POINT WITHOUT MIS-CHARACTERIZING ME?

What I am saying is that Hebrew makes a distinction between LORD and Lord which the Greek does not.
    Last edited by tester; 07-16-18, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rome
    replied

are you being funny? or do really not know the difference between Lord and LORD in the Hebrew of the OT

i said "in post #365 YOU quoted 2 passages from Isaiah having Yahweh (check the Hebrew) saying He is God"

Luke 1:43, "But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"
    is in Greek
    You mean we need to compare the Greek with Greek?. Okay. Matthew 1:20 says an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph. Lord= Kyriou. Same word used in Luke 1:43. Is Jesus a different or lesser God than the Lord of the Old Testament?

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

Now, let's apply that to Luke 1:43, "But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"
    are you being funny? or do really not know the difference between Lord and LORD in the Hebrew of the OT

i said "in post #365 YOU quoted 2 passages from Isaiah having Yahweh (check the Hebrew) saying He is God"

Luke 1:43, "But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"
    is in Greek
    Last edited by tester; 07-16-18, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rome
    replied

in post #365 YOU quoted 2 passages from Isaiah haveing Yahweh (check the Hebrew) saying He is God

YOU asked
    "How do you explain to someone how it can be that Jesus is God?"

the answer is that Isaiah was speaking about and to Jesus.

John 1:18 "No one has seen God at any time;"
    Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne;
    John 12:41 Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.
    Now, let's apply that to Luke 1:43, "But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"

Leave a comment:

• tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

So are you supporting Howie in saying that these many things that can even be contradictory statements in the Scriptures, are nevertheless easy to understand without the assistance of theology and all that it involves? You can understand the depth and breadth of the doctrine of the Trinity simply by reading the Scriptures cold?

This is a common claim of nonCC's that no honest seeker would ever buy. This claim that when you are 'the elect' or the 'born again'... you have superior knowledge and can know the depth and breadth of the mysteries in Scripture without a teacher or leader and a sound tradition of theological method.

I know that isn't true and I know that the lack of good fruits that normally go hand in hand with conversion cannot be explained away by 'the saved' to anyone who has a bible of their own.
    in post #365 YOU quoted 2 passages from Isaiah haveing Yahweh (check the Hebrew) saying He is God

YOU asked
    "How do you explain to someone how it can be that Jesus is God?"

the answer is that Isaiah was speaking about and to Jesus.

John 1:18 "No one has seen God at any time;"
    Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne;
    John 12:41 Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X