Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Circumcision vs Roman Catholic Baptism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by thatcatholicguy View Post

    Oh really? Where does the Catechism state that?
    where it says you can sin, run to a priest and confess it, say a few prayers and you're good to go out sinning again!


    "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

    The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

      You need to read Acts 9 because Paul didn't receive the Holy Spirit until he was Baptized, several days after his conversion experience on the Road to Damascus.
      there's a difference in being born again by the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit.

      that's when he was born again.

      "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

      The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mica View Post
        there's a difference in being born again by the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit.

        that's when he was born again.
        You are reading your theology into Acts 9. It doesn't say what you say it says.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by mica View Post
          where it says you can sin, run to a priest and confess it, say a few prayers and you're good to go out sinning again!

          And out of all the 2,865 paragraphs in the Catechism, you didn't quote a single one that says that.
          Ubi Petrus, Ibi Ecclesia, Ibi Deus
          "Where Peter is, there is the Church, there is God."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by thatcatholicguy View Post

            And out of all the 2,865 paragraphs in the Catechism, you didn't quote a single one that says that.
            that's exactly what happens according to the words of men - that your RCC wrote and teaches. not of God.


            "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

            The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mica View Post
              that's exactly what happens according to the words of men - that your RCC wrote and teaches. not of God.

              You still can't cite where the Catechism states what you said the Church teaches.
              Ubi Petrus, Ibi Ecclesia, Ibi Deus
              "Where Peter is, there is the Church, there is God."

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

                Your heart goes out to her because she doesn't realize that she can continue in sin and still be saved? Hmm.
                Is that really what I said? If your only hope of winning an argument is twisting other people's words then you've already lost. Take it somewhere else.
                Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                  Is that really what I said? If your only hope of winning an argument is twisting other people's words then you've already lost. Take it somewhere else.
                  Why don't you clarify why your heart goes out to the fornicating woman.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

                    Why don't you clarify why your heart goes out to the fornicating woman.
                    I did. Why don't you stop twisting peoples posts?
                    Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                      I did. Why don't you stop twisting peoples posts?
                      No, you didn't.

                      You said, "You're heart just goes out to her because she needs true salvation, not a ball and chain and the legalism of the rcc."

                      So, what would you tell a Christian who is living in sin?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                        It always amazes me just how blinded they are. When I listen to catholic answers, well as much as I can stomach....I always hear sincere callers lamenting about this or that. They are searching for Jesus but bound to a religion. One female caller just a couple of days ago said she's in a relationship with her bf but still fooling around here and there. Her main question was if she'd been messing around then didn't make it to confession would she go to hell. You're heart just goes out to her because she needs true salvation, not a ball and chain and the legalism of the rcc.
                        I thought you Protestants believed faith alone (which her question clearly indicates she has) was enough so why would you think she wouldn't be saved? Fornication and adultery are mortal sins in Catholicism but only venial sins in Protestantism so why would her fooling around prevent her from getting to heaven?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

                          No, you didn't.

                          You said, "You're heart just goes out to her because she needs true salvation, not a ball and chain and the legalism of the rcc."

                          So, what would you tell a Christian who is living in sin?
                          You just contradicted yourself. In one post you say i didn't clarify myself. Then in the next you posted my comments where i clarified myself. THEN as catholics always do, you change the subject.
                          Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post


                          Why don't you clarify why your heart goes out to the fornicating woman.
                          Asked and answered. Next.
                          Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                            You just contradicted yourself. In one post you say i didn't clarify myself. Then in the next you posted my comments where i clarified myself. THEN as catholics always do, you change the subject.
                            Asked and answered. Next.
                            No, I never said you clarified yourself. That's why I am asking you to clarify yourself. Why the hesitation? Why not preach the true Gospel here every chance you get?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

                              No, I never said you clarified yourself. That's why I am asking you to clarify yourself. Why the hesitation? Why not preach the true Gospel here every chance you get?
                              Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post


                              No, you didn't.

                              You said, "You're heart just goes out to her because she needs true salvation, not a ball and chain and the legalism of the rcc."
                              This is me clarifying myself.

                              So, what would you tell a Christian who is living in sin?
                              This is you changing the subject.

                              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by logix View Post

                                I thought you Protestants believed faith alone (which her question clearly indicates she has) was enough so why would you think she wouldn't be saved? Fornication and adultery are mortal sins in Catholicism but only venial sins in Protestantism so why would her fooling around prevent her from getting to heaven?
                                Her comments demonstrate she has no real faith. Shes bound to legalism, not Christ.
                                Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X