Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Worshiping Christ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mica View Post
    I didn't ask about the gospels, but the gospel. Nor did I ask about the RCC teaching of it.

have you ever read and studied the writings of Paul? catholics should do a whole lot of that and bible studies on it that are not given, done, written etc by the RCC.

btw Joe, we just went thru this recently - like the past month or so...
    I agree that there is only One telling of the God News, the Gospel, (singular), but its quite proper to refer to the Gospels (plural) to explain the story of how God so loved the Church he sent his only Son. And I gave you the slogan version of what the Gospel is, so please feel free to explain the non-Catholic version. I'd be interested in hearing it. Right now I have the impression the non-Catholic version of the Gospel is a few pet verses used in their attempt to demean and ridicule Catholics with. So, feel free to explain for us poor deluded Catholics, just what is "the Gospel."

Yes I know we recently went through this, and you seem to have a short memory or is it that you intend to play the same game.

JoeT

Sigillum Militum Χρisti † / "Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

Totus Tuus, "Totally yours . . . Keep me in this union".

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeT View Post

I agree that there is only One telling of the God News, the Gospel, (singular), but its quite proper to refer to the Gospels (plural) nevertheless. And I gave you the slogan version of what the Gospel is, so please feel free to explain the non-Catholic version. I'd be interested in hearing it. Right now I have the impression the non-Catholic version of the Gospel is a few pet verses used in their attempt to demean and ridicule Catholics with. So, feel free to explain for us poor deluded Catholics, just what is "the Gospel."

Yes I know we recently went through this, and you seem to have a short memory or is it that you intend to play the same game.

JoeT

Please give us the Catholic version of the gospel,

without making further excuses.

Comment

• “Therefore if they say to you,
        ... ‘Look,
        the Christ is in the inner rooms!’ - tabernacles
        do not believe it.
        (Matthew 24:26).

That prophecy of Jesus about false apostles
        who present a false Christ
        in those
        inner rooms - tabernacles has been fulfilled.

Originally posted by Mark Rome

I take it as a yes that it is OK to worship his humanity, including his heart, because you can't have Jesus the person without his humanity. Thanks.
        It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing (Jn 6:63).

But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life (Jn 5:40).

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing (Jn 6:63).
          So, t he Incarnation profited nothing? Christ's flesh profited nothing on the cross?

My guess is that you won't answer the question. Rather, you will quote another scripture or make some negative comment about Catholicism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post
            So, t he Incarnation profited nothing? Christ's flesh profited nothing on the cross?

My guess is that you won't answer the question. Rather, you will quote another scripture or make some negative comment about Catholicism.
            you need to take it up with God.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

you need to take it up with God.
              He was speaking to and conversing with Conq. You need to make note of that.

Comment

I agree that there is only One telling of the God News, the Gospel, (singular), but its quite proper to refer to the Gospels (plural) to explain the story of how God so loved the Church he sent his only Son. And I gave you the slogan version of what the Gospel is, so please feel free to explain the non-Catholic version. I'd be interested in hearing it. Right now I have the impression the non-Catholic version of the Gospel is a few pet verses used in their attempt to demean and ridicule Catholics with. So, feel free to explain for us poor deluded Catholics, just what is "the Gospel."
                who knows what it is that you / catholics call your 'slogan verse'. It's given very clearly in scripture. Why is it that catholics don't search it out? It's rather an easy thing to do. catholics ignore what is in God's word but are quick to put forth the words of their 'catholic men'.

you have a choice to be that way, or not.

choose this day who you will serve.

then it seems I'm not the one with the short memory... or the one playing word games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

He was speaking to and conversing with Conq. You need to make note of that.
                  anyone can reply to any post... make note of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

If by "our works" you mean works that are performed outside of the grace of God, you are correct. You cannot earn your salvation.
                    What do works done by the grace of God add to our salvation?
                    Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
                      who knows what it is that you / Catholics call your 'slogan verse'. It's given very clearly in scripture. Why is it that Catholics don't search it out? It's rather an easy thing to do. Catholics ignore what is in God's word but are quick to put forth the words of their 'catholic men'.
                      That's all Protestantism and reformism understands is slogans; its a criticism of Protestantism that they've made Sacred Scripture into a slogan.

And I didn't say slogan verse, I said slogan "version". We realize that the art of propaganda is to twist what is said to form a ridiculing rebuttal, that is an easy thing to do taking little intellect - it simply starts with a lie.

Sacred Scripture was written by the Twelve for the authority of the Catholic Church.

you have a choice to be that way, or not. choose this day who you will serve.
                      I've made my choice, I've firmly chosen the Kingdom of God of the little booked kingdom of mica.

JoeT

Sigillum Militum Χρisti † / "Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

Totus Tuus, "Totally yours . . . Keep me in this union".

Comment

• Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

According to Eph. 2:8-10, it is Jesus Who enables us to do good works, and IN WHOM we do them, so no one may boast.
                        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                        "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                        "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

• 《《Snip》

Mark, stop assuming what I mean! It is NOT okay to worship internal organs! I am talking about NATURE. And Jesus has two natures, human and divine. I worship the PERSON of Jesus Christ, not body parts and internal organs!

"I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                          "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                          "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

That's all Protestantism and reformism understands is slogans; its a criticism of Protestantism that they've made Sacred Scripture into a slogan.

And I didn't say slogan verse, I said slogan "version". We realize that the art of propaganda is to twist what is said to form a ridiculing rebuttal, that is an easy thing to do taking little intellect - it simply starts with a lie.

Sacred Scripture was written by the Twelve for the authority of the Catholic Church.

I've made my choice, I've firmly chosen the Kingdom of God of the little booked kingdom of mica.

JoeT

"Sacred Scripture was written by the Twelve for the authority of the Catholic Church."

Really???
                            Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

• Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

What do you mean by "add to our salvation"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geralt_De_Sales View Post

Of course it's rooted in OT Law, that's the prefigurement of Christ. That's why Love fulfills the Law.
                                But again, you wouldn't know that with your misunderstanding of James. If you kept the perfect Law that James describes, the royal law, and kept the commandments, you'd get it. But as you don't, you misunderstand James.
                                If your understanding of James is correct and you are justified by works, then the scripture is contradicting itself (Rom 3:20). It's not hard understand: you are wrong and your church leadership is fallible.
                                If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X