Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Papal Posse on EWTN say new pronouncement on death penalty overthrow of past teaching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atemi View Post

You Catholics are just supposed to sit back and OBEY.
    We all know obedience is a bad word in Protestantism. People LOVE doing what they want to do and not being told they can't. That's the heart of Protestantism. "Nobody tells me what to do or think, even about my own salvation." It's devilishly attractive too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rome View Post

We all know obedience is a bad word in Protestantism. People LOVE doing what they want to do and not being told they can't. That's the heart of Protestantism. "Nobody tells me what to do or think, even about my own salvation." It's devilishly attractive too.
      Scripture teaches that Jesus is Lord of all, and the faith He demands involves unconditional surrender (Romans 6:17-18; 10:9-10). In other words, Christ does not bestow eternal life on those whose hearts remain set against Him (James 4:6). Surrender to Jesus' lordship is not an addendum to the biblical terms of salvation; the summons to submission is at the heart of the gospel invitation throughout Scripture.
      Scripture teaches that behavior is an important test of faith. Obedience is evidence that one's faith is real (1 John 2:3). On the other hand, the person who remains utterly unwilling to obey Christ does not evidence true faith (1 John 2:4).

https://www.gty.org/library/articles...ship-salvation
      One of the ekklēsia

Comment

The difference is Catholic apologists are obedient to Catholicism which doesn't follow Jesus Christ, while those who follow Jesus are obedient to Jesus.

"Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

Catholicism's doctrines of demons:

1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
        1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by tester View Post
          Scripture teaches that Jesus is Lord of all, and the faith He demands involves unconditional surrender (Romans 6:17-18; 10:9-10). In other words, Christ does not bestow eternal life on those whose hearts remain set against Him (James 4:6). Surrender to Jesus' lordship is not an addendum to the biblical terms of salvation; the summons to submission is at the heart of the gospel invitation throughout Scripture.
          Scripture teaches that behavior is an important test of faith. Obedience is evidence that one's faith is real (1 John 2:3). On the other hand, the person who remains utterly unwilling to obey Christ does not evidence true faith (1 John 2:4).
          You should obey John Calvin and your pastors. He said so.

"We admit therefore, that ecclesiastical pastors are to be heard just like Christ himself." (Calvin's letter to Sadoleto)

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug View Post

The difference is Catholic apologists are obedient to Catholicism which doesn't follow Jesus Christ, while those who follow Jesus are obedient to Jesus.
            Remember, YOU aren't in charge of scriptural interpretation, your PASTORS ARE.

"Pastors and teachers are in charge of scriptural interpretation- to keep doctrine whole and pure among believers." (John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian religion 4.3.4)

Comment

Remember, YOU aren't in charge of scriptural interpretation, your PASTORS ARE.

"Pastors and teachers are in charge of scriptural interpretation- to keep doctrine whole and pure among believers." (John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian religion 4.3.4)
              Catholic apologists are obedient to Catholicism which God reveals follows deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. (1Tim 4:1-3)
              While those who follow Jesus are obedient to Jesus Christ.

The difference is as stark as following darkness or light.
              "Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
              1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

Comment

Psalm19:7
                The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
                The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
                8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
                The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
                --------------
                I guess in your mind Perfection can always use a little improvement
                We see that God's will is "sovereign" to God's law in the case of King David. (Lev. 20:10)

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug View Post

Catholic apologists are obedient to Catholicism which God reveals follows deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. (1Tim 4:1-3)
                  While those who follow Jesus are obedient to Jesus Christ.

The difference is as stark as following darkness or light.
                  Those who follow Jesus Christ will be obedient to his Church. It is unscriptural to not be obedient to the Church Christ has established.
                  I do agree that you don't have to listen to your pastor because he/she has no authority from God to shepherd.

Comment

"We admit therefore, that ecclesiastical pastors are to be heard just like Christ himself." (Calvin's letter to Sadoleto)
                    and my pastor says we should test all things in Scripture.
                    and my pastor says we are to challenge him if we think he is in error or unclear.
                    and my pastor says we should reason together through Scripture.
                    One of the ekklēsia

Comment

and continuing the the quote:
                      “We admit, therefore, that ecclesiastical pastors are to be heard just like Christ Himself, but they must be pastors who execute the office entrusted to them. And this office, we maintain, is not presumptuously to introduce whatever their own pleasure has rashly devised, but religiously and in good faith to deliver the oracles which they have received at the mouth of the Lord.
                      One of the ekklēsia

Comment

and continuing the the quote:
                        “We admit, therefore, that ecclesiastical pastors are to be heard just like Christ Himself, but they must be pastors who execute the office entrusted to them. And this office, we maintain, is not presumptuously to introduce whatever their own pleasure has rashly devised, but religiously and in good faith to deliver the oracles which they have received at the mouth of the Lord.
                        Translated: they must believe what he believed. They might be burned at the stake if they disagreed with Calvin

Comment

and my pastor says we should test all things in Scripture.
                          and my pastor says we are to challenge him if we think he is in error or unclear.
                          and my pastor says we should reason together through Scripture.

Comment

I am a teacher of Scripture
                            One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Those who follow Jesus Christ will be obedient to his Church. It is unscriptural to not be obedient to the Church Christ has established.
                              Catholic apologists insist everyone should be obedient to deceiving spirits like they are. (1Tim 4:1-3)

I do agree that you don't have to listen to your pastor because he/she has no authority from God to shepherd.
                              All those who follow Jesus have authority from God to shepherd. Since the Catholic Church.doesn't follow Jesus Christ, their authority comes from the god of this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

Personally, I think you should direct your question towards sedevacanists, since both you and them have pitted yourselves against the Roman Pontiff.
                                You won't answer the question Only3. I understand. I understand that you can't.

The reason why Bergoglio is able to contradict the Magisterium is simple: he is not the pope. Those unwilling to reach this conclusion must necessarily redefine the notions of indefectibility and infallibility. By not recognizing Bergoglio's anti papacy, when they know (as many of them do) that he is a heretic,Novus Ordites end up destroying the Church.

Either the Catholic Church can contradict itself and reverse defined teachings of its magisterium and therefore, is not indefectible and not infallible, but is just one of thousands and millions of fallible and changeable human institutions; or Bergoglio is not the pope.

One of those things has to be true.
                                "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

Working...
                                X