Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Reaching out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaching out...

You guys. I know it痴 not the right forum for this and I know this is a place where people want to debate, but I知 in need of prayers... right now! And, even though we have our differences. I honestly feel like you all are part of my family and there痴 nobody around me right now that would understand the spiritual struggle I知 having. This is a prayer request from a mother who is weary from the struggle against this wicked WICKED generation for the souls of her children. I just got some very disturbing and hurtful news concerning one of my children and I知 reeling. I知 alone, I知 angry, and I知 trying to calm myself after a pretty significant anxiety attack.

Could you all please take a moment to say a prayer for me. I would really appreciate it.
    Kyrie eleison

Originally posted by DeSanto View Post
    You guys. I know it痴 not the right forum for this and I know this is a place where people want to debate, but I知 in need of prayers... right now! And, even though we have our differences. I honestly feel like you all are part of my family and there痴 nobody around me right now that would understand the spiritual struggle I知 having. This is a prayer request from a mother who is weary from the struggle against this wicked WICKED generation for the souls of her children. I just got some very disturbing and hurtful news concerning one of my children and I知 reeling. I知 alone, I知 angry, and I知 trying to calm myself after a pretty significant anxiety attack.

Could you all please take a moment to say a prayer for me. I would really appreciate it.
    Praying..

You Have Called Me by Name
    Oh, Lord my God.

You called me from the sleep of nothingness
    merely because in your tremendous love
    you want to make good and beautiful beings.
    You have called me by my name in my mother’s womb.
    You have given me breath and light and movement
    and walked with me every moment of my existence.
    I am amazed, Lord God of the universe,
    that you attend to me and, more, cherish me.
    Create in me the faithfulness that moves you,
    and I will trust you and yearn for you all my days.

Amen.

—Joseph Tetlow, SJ

Comment

it's a real fight for our children in this world today.

do a google search on scriptures for our children and a whole bunch of scripture choices will come up.

God bless you in this battle.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

praying with you, as a fellow Christian parent ...

O holy Father, Eternal God, from Whom all goodness and blessing flow; I humbly pray to You for the children You have graciously given me. You have given them existence, and have renewed them in the waters of rebirth by virtue of which they are able to obey Your commandments and attain the kingdom of heaven. Preserve them in Your grace to the end of their life, and sanctify them that Your Name be hallowed in them. Aid me also by your grace that I may bring them up for the glory of Your holy Name and for the benefit of our fellowman. Grant me the necessary means to this end, together with patience and fortitude. O Lord, enlighten them by the light of Your wisdom that they may love Your will with all their heart and soul. Instill in their hearts a fear of evil so that their way may be without sin. Adorn their soul with Your virtues that they may prosper in holiness and grow in Your favor. And if, at any time, they should sin against You, do not turn away from them but be merciful to them and awaken in them the spirit of contrition. Give them the goodness of the earth and everything necessary for eternal salvation. Protect them from misfortune, anger, privation and from the snares of the devil all the days of their life. O Lord, grant me joy and happiness in my children. Enable me to appear with them at Your awesome judgment, and there, without fear, to say: "Here I am, Lord, with the children You have given me." That, together with them, praising Your great goodness and eternal love, I may glorify Your most holy Name, Father +, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever and forever. Amen.

[Prayer of Parents for their Children (Byzantine Ruthenian usage)]

This prayer always reminds me that even for our children, we must trust first in God.
        Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might. [Psalm 132:8 (RSVCE)]

Comment

You guys. I know it’s not the right forum for this and I know this is a place where people want to debate, but I’m in need of prayers... right now! And, even though we have our differences. I honestly feel like you all are part of my family and there’s nobody around me right now that would understand the spiritual struggle I’m having. This is a prayer request from a mother who is weary from the struggle against this wicked WICKED generation for the souls of her children. I just got some very disturbing and hurtful news concerning one of my children and I’m reeling. I’m alone, I’m angry, and I’m trying to calm myself after a pretty significant anxiety attack.

Consider it done.

JohnR

Comment

You guys. I know it’s not the right forum for this and I know this is a place where people want to debate, but I’m in need of prayers... right now! And, even though we have our differences. I honestly feel like you all are part of my family and there’s nobody around me right now that would understand the spiritual struggle I’m having. This is a prayer request from a mother who is weary from the struggle against this wicked WICKED generation for the souls of her children. I just got some very disturbing and hurtful news concerning one of my children and I’m reeling. I’m alone, I’m angry, and I’m trying to calm myself after a pretty significant anxiety attack.

My prayers are with you.

JoeT
            Sigillum Militum Χρisti † / "Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

Totus Tuus, "Totally yours . . . Keep me in this union".

Comment

Praying
              Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Thank you everyone. Sorry for the interruption. I just needed to reach out for some support in that moment. I appreciate your prayers.
                Kyrie eleison

Comment

This is the time to say; Lord I want you more than RCism.

Comment

DONE! In JESUS NAME!
                    Goats love their tea!

Comment

Thank you everyone. Sorry for the interruption. I just needed to reach out for some support in that moment. I appreciate your prayers.
                      Bless you!
                      Goats love their tea!

Comment

please don't think of it that way. reaching out to each other in a time of need is exactly what He'd have us to do. It's stressful enough if you do have support around you IRL, but not having that support when needed is unthinkable. Happy to be here for you.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Heavenly Father.....You know the situation with DeSanto's family.....I pray that You will grant peace and the assurance to DeSanto that You are in control. Shield and protect them from all evil, and by Your mercy and grace draw them all near to You....may people be healed and saved out of this....in Jesus name I pray, Amen

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, De Santo. God bless.

Comment

Prayers for you, DeSanto

Comment

Working...
                              X