Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Does this make any sense at all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

There's an explaination!

1. It is the priest who makes atonement for sin. (Lev. 19:20-22)
    Yea, two things....1. We aren't under Levitical law....we aren't under the law period....we are under grace.

2. Jesus kinda did that already.....
    2. "As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." (John 20:21-23)
    Nothing about confession of sins....

Epic fail on your part...you want a do over?
    ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
      According to The Twentieth Century Encyclopedia of Catholicism regarding the sacraments of penance and matrimony:

"Absolution must be given orally, and not in writing, or by the use of signs. Hence a priest who is entirely dumb cannot validly absolve. The will of Christ, as interpreted by the [Roman Catholic] Church, is that the form of the sacrament should be expressed in words. This is one of several ways in which the sacraments of penance and matrimony differ radically, since the form of the latter may be validly expressed by signs."

Volume 51
      Section 5: The Life of Faith

Yes, it absolutely makes perfect sense.
      "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

3. "Mass" derives from the Latin word "missa", which simply means to be "sent". So Mass is also called the "Sacrifice of the Mass", because it is the sacrifice of the one sent to be a propitiation for the sins of the people - the sacrifice that is offered to God at every Mass.
        That is totally unbiblical....His offering was ONCE for all, and He is now seated at the right hand of the Father....no one save Christ can offer Himself....and IT IS FINISHED.
        ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
          According to The Twentieth Century Encyclopedia of Catholicism regarding the sacraments of penance and matrimony:

"Absolution must be given orally, and not in writing, or by the use of signs. Hence a priest who is entirely dumb cannot validly absolve. The will of Christ, as interpreted by the [Roman Catholic] Church, is that the form of the sacrament should be expressed in words. This is one of several ways in which the sacraments of penance and matrimony differ radically, since the form of the latter may be validly expressed by signs."

Volume 51
          Section 5: The Life of Faith
          Funny how the Catholics in the other thread were tripping all over themselves, not knowing the answer to this question about their own religion.
          "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by 4Him View Post
            What is indescribable is knowing that If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
            Funny that Catholics neither believe that Scripture, nor obey it....and instead rebelliously schedule their confession of sin to God for a later date and time!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

Funny how the Catholics in the other thread were tripping all over themselves, not knowing the answer to this question about their own religion.
              Surely when you were a Catholic you were taught that a priest who could not speak could not validly absolve. Funny how you didn't mention it in the other thread ...
              Christ is risen from the dead! By death He trampled death, and to those in the tombs, He granted life!. [source: Troparion of the Resurrection (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

Comment

4. At Mass, no other sacrifice is offered to God except the sacrifice that happened in time and once for all time.
                Mass shootings are like abortions. The shooting could happen anywhere, just as the life of the unborn could be terminated anywhere, at any abortion clinic.

Comment

Funny that Catholics neither believe that Scripture, nor obey it....and instead rebelliously schedule their confession of sin to God for a later date and time!

True.
                  Goats love their tea!

Strong's #3982

Comment

4. At Mass, no other sacrifice is offered to God except the sacrifice that happened in time and once for all time.
                    totally unbiblical. His sacrifice was offer and accepted ONCE FOR ALL. Your apostate church doesn’t have the ability to do what has already been done. You might want to give Hebrews a read.

Comment

totally unbiblical. His sacrifice was offer and accepted ONCE FOR ALL. Your apostate church doesn’t have the ability to do what has already been done. You might want to give Hebrews a read.
                      Also, you could pray the "Chaplet of Divine Mercy":

Eternal Father,
                      I offer you the body and blood,
                      soul and divinity,
                      of your dearly beloved Son,
                      our Lord Jesus Christ.

In atonement for our sins,
                      and those of the whole world:

For the sake of his sorrowful passion,
                      have mercy on us and on the whole world.
                      Mass shootings are like abortions. The shooting could happen anywhere, just as the life of the unborn could be terminated anywhere, at any abortion clinic.

Comment

Do you know everything your religion teaches? Can you give us the dimensions of Noah's ark without looking it up in your bible? Since you obviously don't know every verse of scripture from memory, why would you fault Catholics for not knowing every detail of every teaching of the Catholic Church? The average lay Catholic doesn't need to know whether a mute priest can absolve sins in the sacrament of penance just like you don't need to know the dimensions of Noah's ark.

Comment

Also, you could pray the "Chaplet of Divine Mercy":

Eternal Father,
                          I offer you the body and blood,
                          soul and divinity,
                          of your dearly beloved Son,
                          our Lord Jesus Christ.

In atonement for our sins,
                          and those of the whole world:

For the sake of his sorrowful passion,
                          have mercy on us and on the whole world.
                          No Christian would ever pray such unbiblical, blasphemous nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by logix View Post

Do you know everything your religion teaches? Can you give us the dimensions of Noah's ark without looking it up in your bible? Since you obviously don't know every verse of scripture from memory, why would you fault Catholics for not knowing every detail of every teaching of the Catholic Church? The average lay Catholic doesn't need to know whether a mute priest can absolve sins in the sacrament of penance just like you don't need to know the dimensions of Noah's ark.
                            We can look up those dimensions in Scripture. You can’t do that to find the answer in bold above.

Comment

No Christian would ever pray such unbiblical, blasphemous nonsense.
                              Why is it blasphemus? What do you offer to God in atonement for your sins? Cookies?

Comment

We can look up those dimensions in Scripture. You can’t do that to find the answer in bold above.
                                Just because the Father of John the Baptist was made silent for a period of time does not mean that he ceased being a priest during that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X