Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Rome's Very Own Queen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

You are just scared to know what the early church believes and teaches.
    Thats hilarious since i'm the one usually correcting your edited/spurious citations of the same ecf's. If i'm correcting you, how am i ignorant or 'scared' of what they teach? I think you have that backwards. And i see you dodged my post, as you always do. Scripture is our measuring rod, not ecf's. When ecf's contradict Gods word we pitch it. You seem to think in the reverse. We know where your allegiance is.
    Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

• Originally posted by Arch Stanton View Post

but you use it right?

Acts 1:20 in Greek clearly shows that the Apostles were given authority through the ἐπισκοπὴν (Episkopos) office. Whoever maintains the ἐπισκοπὴν (Episkopos) office has Apostolic Succession.
      Having an office is not apostolic succession. Passing on the teaching of Jesus and the apostles is.

Acts 1:20 [KJV] For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

v 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
      This isn't what he meant by bishopric in this verse.
      Acts 1:20
      Our word "bishopric" (King James Version) is from this word, "office of bishop" episkopos..Only that is not the idea here, but over-seership
      epi,skopeoo or office as in 1 Peter 2:12. It means "to visit and to inspect, to look over." The ecclesiastical sense comes later (1 Tim 3:1).

(from Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament, Electronic Database. Copyright 1997, 2003, 2005, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament. Copyright 1985 by Broadman Press.)
      Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

• Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post
        Having an office is not apostolic succession. Passing on the teaching of Jesus and the apostles is.

This isn't what he meant by bishopric in this verse.
        Matthias replaced Judas [his office/bishoprick] ... after that, 'laying on of hands'
        1Jn 2:19; Jn 6:53

"...wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” Ignatius-Antioch

Comment

Matthias replaced Judas [his office/bishoprick] ... after that, 'laying on of hands'
          Keep your head buried. You've been shown that bishopric in this context does not mean what you want it to mean.

Comment

Keep your head buried. You've been shown that bishopric in this context does not mean what you want it to mean.
            keep changing the early church beliefs...that way your sect has merit

1Jn 2:19

Comment

mica,

you may call it an office but remember....

1 Jn 2:19
              what I 'remember' is, that what catholics think a verse is saying, is more than likely not what it is really saying.

they believe what the RCC teaches, which is contrary to God's word.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Tell me first, isn't her son a king in the davidic throne? If yes, what is wrong by calling her 'queen mother'? How do you know she is embarrassed?
                you're sure stuck on her. try being stuck on Him.

is she your Lord? your Savior?

Comment

Again who cares about ecfs? Where does the BIBLE say any of these things?
                  Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

You are just scared to know what the early church believes and teaches.
                  what His early church believes and teaches, is found within the NT writings.

Comment

Tell me first, isn't her son a king in the davidic throne? If yes, what is wrong by calling her 'queen mother'? How do you know she is embarrassed?
                    Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Yes He is king and there are clear verses saying such. Now just show me one verse where mary is clearly called queen. We'll wait.
                    did you make the popcorn?

Comment

keep changing the early church beliefs...that way your sect has merit

1Jn 2:19
                      Move the goalposts much? You cited Acts 1:20. I answered in context. How's that changing early church beliefs? I see you only post your opinion. I'm citing Greek scholarship.

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post

did you make the popcorn?
                        I think it's gonna be a yawner....but who knows...

Comment

so catholics are ok with believing and following just anyone who might fill an 'office'? like believing and following Judas? just anyone filling up an empty space, without regard to what they believe or teach?

yep, guess I'm right on that one they believe and follow the RCC/CC !

Comment

Move the goalposts much? You cited Acts 1:20. I answered in context. How's that changing early church beliefs? I see you only post your opinion. I'm citing Greek scholarship.
                            Matthias replaced Judas' office [bishoprick]

Comment

Not in the sense you're suggesting. But your opinion is noted. Until you cite actual scholarship opinion is all you have.

Comment

sounds more like the RCC is trying to fill the sandals of Judas.

Comment

Working...
                                X