Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes' cannot mean that He is physically present

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes' cannot mean that He is physically present

    'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
    cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)





    “Therefore if they say to you ....
    ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
    - tabernacles
    do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

    That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
    who present a false Christ before the second coming.




  • #2
    Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
    'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
    cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)
    Substantially present. Not physically present.
    The crones love their cliques!

    Comment


    • #3
      'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
      cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)





      “Therefore if they say to you ....
      ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
      - tabernacles
      do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

      That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
      who present a false Christ before the second coming.



      Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

      Substantially present. Not physically present.
      Isn't IT the REAL body and REAL blood of Christ after all?

      CCC1374 The mode of Christ's presence under the Eucharistic species is unique. It raises the Eucharist above all the sacraments as "the perfection of the spiritual life and the end to which all the sacraments tend." In the most blessed sacrament of the Eucharist "the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ and, therefore, the whole Christ is truly, really, and substantially contained." "This presence is called 'real' - by which is not intended to exclude the other types of presence as if they could not be 'real' too, but because it is presence in the fullest sense: that is to say, it is a substantial presence by which Christ, God and man, makes himself wholly and entirely present."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
        Substantially present. Not physically present.
        Nonsense jabber. By this, you are trying to claim Christ is present, but not have to account for the claim.

        As to the supposed physical presence of Christ in the RC Eucharist, there is no doubt:

        "The substance of bread and wine becomes everything which makes Christ, Christ…everything which is Christ, the whole Christ…Does this include the physical properties of Christ? Yes. Does it include the physical organs? Yes. It is Christ, whole and entire.”
        (Fr. John Hardon, Advanced Catechists Course, Explanations of Questions, Vol II: The Sacraments)

        "When we pray before the Blessed Sacrament, we are adoring Christ in the fullness of His human nature, including His physical properties, which include His heart of flesh, now glorified but living and, we may add, pulsating out of love for us.”
        (Fr. John Hardon, Advanced Catechists Course, Explanations of Questions, Vol II: The Sacraments)

        "Since the Eucharist is simply and unequivocally Jesus Christ, then He is present in the Eucharist with the fullness of His humanity and this means also with His physical, human heart."
        (Fr. John Hardon, cfpeople.org/Apologetics/page51a021.html)

        "The important aspect of this is the fact that we have in the Holy Eucharist not only the physical Christ in His human and divine natures and therefore His heart of flesh substantially united to the Word of God"
        (Fr. John Hardon, cfpeople.org/Apologetics/page51a021.html)

        "Today, the toning down and in some cases the deletion of these symbols and signs of adoration and reverence regarding the Eucharist has resulted in a piety void in the life of a number of Catholics. The lessening or absence of concrete symbols of adoration is no doubt also retarding the transmission of the dogma of the Real Presence among Catholics in places where these concrete symbols have been diminished. The Church has been left with merely a THEORETICAL approach to teaching the doctrine of the Real Presence. Tremendous mysteries are difficult to communicate even to the scholarly by means of precise terminology and nearly impossible to the theologically uneducated and children. Phrases like the 'physical reality of Christ is bodily present' can hardly be pronounced by the age of seven and children approach the Eucharistic table today, often with little better demeanor than they have in the school lunch line. This casual and nonchalant manner with which many youngsters come to Holy Communion would seem to have its roots in a foggy grasp of the doctrine of the Real Presence. Recovery from this piety void and from youth's doctrinal haziness about the Real Presence will hopefully come about with the full and complete implementation of the Eucharistic doctrine of the Second Vatican Council. In fact, Paul VI, while reflecting upon the purpose of the Second Vatican Council's Eucharistic doctrine, stated that the Council intended that 'a new wave of Eucharistic devotion will sweep over the Church'."
        (Fr. John Hardon, http://credo.stormloader.com/Reviews/hardon.htm)

        "He is present uniquely, however, in the Real Presence – a presence that is different from all the foregoing. It is the physical presence of Christ in our midst, no less truly than he is now present at the right hand of his Father. Consequently "this presence is called real – by which it is not intended to exclude all other types of presence as if they could not be 'real' too, but because it is presence in the fullest sense."
        (Fr. John Hardon, http://www.therealpresence.org/archi...harist_008.htm)

        "Many who call themselves Catholics openly disclaim that Jesus Christ, the son of God who became the Son of Mary, is physically, corporally present in the Blessed Sacrament."
        (Fr. John Hardon, http://www.therealpresence.org/archi...harist_009.htm)

        "the sacrifice of Christ is made physically present to every Christian in all places in every age"
        (catholicapologetics.org/ap060500.htm#ap060503)

        "Christ is physically present in the Eucharist"
        (Fr. Michael Sliney, freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1617668/posts)

        "A Basilian monk, having suffered doubt in the physical presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, prayed for relief…What he beheld as he consecrated the bread and wine caused his hands to shake, indeed his whole body…he slowly turned around to the people…The host had turned into flesh, the wine had turned into blood.”
        (This Is My Body, This Is My Blood, Miracles of the Eucharist; (Westlake Village, CA; Journeys of Faith, 1986). Pg. 20.)

        "So the totus Christus is the entire Christ, His physical properties, His intellect, His will, both human and divine, His entire divine self as the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity" (therealpresence.org/eucharst/intro/christs_body.htm)

        "Jesus is really, truly, fully and physically present in the Eucharist"
        (Fr. Thomas Washburn, http://members.aol.com/tomwas/memory1.htm)

        "he is truly and physically present in our midst"
        (Fr. Thomas Washburn, http://members.aol.com/tomwas/memory1.htm)

        "On the last page of that Encyclical he wrote this beautiful tribute to our Blessed Mother showing the unbroken link that has to exist between her and Christ who is physically present in the Eucharist"
        (therealpresence.org/eucharst/pea/ladyeuch.htm)

        "our union with Christ can only be physical if He is actually giving us something physical, that is Himself, which is His body and blood to consume" (scripturecatholic.com/the_eucharist.html)

        "We realize more clearly that the physical body and blood of Jesus Christ are as truly present as they are in heaven, or as they were when he labored in his workshop in Nazareth."
        (catholic.net/rcc/Periodicals/Homiletic/Jan98/transubstantiation.html)

        "Divine power changes bread and wine into the real body and blood of Christ, and he dwells physically on earth in every tabernacle, and comes physically into us in Holy Communion."
        (catholic.net/rcc/Periodicals/Homiletic/Jan98/transubstantiation.html)


        So why did you just post falsehood?

        Were you trying to deceive us....or is it you are ignorant of Catholic doctrine?


        ...




        Last edited by Atemi; 09-15-18, 12:59 AM.
        "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
          'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
          cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)
          Exactly correct. Even a child can see that.

          And to also add to that, if Christ is physically here as taught by the RCC, then He cannot be AWAY like He said He is....and thus we cannot possibly have the Holy Spirit.

          Jhn 16:7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

          Catholics insist Jesus is a LIAR....as they declare it is NOT good that He is away!

          Amazing.

          ...


          "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Atemi View Post

            Nonsense jabber. By this, you are trying to claim Christ is present, but not have to account for the claim.

            As to the supposed physical presence of Christ in the RC Eucharist, there is no doubt:

            "The substance of bread and wine becomes everything which makes Christ, Christ…everything which is Christ, the whole Christ…Does this include the physical properties of Christ? Yes. Does it include the physical organs? Yes. It is Christ, whole and entire.”
            (Fr. John Hardon, Advanced Catechists Course, Explanations of Questions, Vol II: The Sacraments)

            "When we pray before the Blessed Sacrament, we are adoring Christ in the fullness of His human nature, including His physical properties, which include His heart of flesh, now glorified but living and, we may add, pulsating out of love for us.”
            (Fr. John Hardon, Advanced Catechists Course, Explanations of Questions, Vol II: The Sacraments)

            "Since the Eucharist is simply and unequivocally Jesus Christ, then He is present in the Eucharist with the fullness of His humanity and this means also with His physical, human heart."
            (Fr. John Hardon, cfpeople.org/Apologetics/page51a021.html)

            "The important aspect of this is the fact that we have in the Holy Eucharist not only the physical Christ in His human and divine natures and therefore His heart of flesh substantially united to the Word of God"
            (Fr. John Hardon, cfpeople.org/Apologetics/page51a021.html)

            "Today, the toning down and in some cases the deletion of these symbols and signs of adoration and reverence regarding the Eucharist has resulted in a piety void in the life of a number of Catholics. The lessening or absence of concrete symbols of adoration is no doubt also retarding the transmission of the dogma of the Real Presence among Catholics in places where these concrete symbols have been diminished. The Church has been left with merely a THEORETICAL approach to teaching the doctrine of the Real Presence. Tremendous mysteries are difficult to communicate even to the scholarly by means of precise terminology and nearly impossible to the theologically uneducated and children. Phrases like the 'physical reality of Christ is bodily present' can hardly be pronounced by the age of seven and children approach the Eucharistic table today, often with little better demeanor than they have in the school lunch line. This casual and nonchalant manner with which many youngsters come to Holy Communion would seem to have its roots in a foggy grasp of the doctrine of the Real Presence. Recovery from this piety void and from youth's doctrinal haziness about the Real Presence will hopefully come about with the full and complete implementation of the Eucharistic doctrine of the Second Vatican Council. In fact, Paul VI, while reflecting upon the purpose of the Second Vatican Council's Eucharistic doctrine, stated that the Council intended that 'a new wave of Eucharistic devotion will sweep over the Church'."
            (Fr. John Hardon, http://credo.stormloader.com/Reviews/hardon.htm)

            "He is present uniquely, however, in the Real Presence – a presence that is different from all the foregoing. It is the physical presence of Christ in our midst, no less truly than he is now present at the right hand of his Father. Consequently "this presence is called real – by which it is not intended to exclude all other types of presence as if they could not be 'real' too, but because it is presence in the fullest sense."
            (Fr. John Hardon, http://www.therealpresence.org/archi...harist_008.htm)

            "Many who call themselves Catholics openly disclaim that Jesus Christ, the son of God who became the Son of Mary, is physically, corporally present in the Blessed Sacrament."
            (Fr. John Hardon, http://www.therealpresence.org/archi...harist_009.htm)

            "the sacrifice of Christ is made physically present to every Christian in all places in every age"
            (catholicapologetics.org/ap060500.htm#ap060503)

            "Christ is physically present in the Eucharist"
            (Fr. Michael Sliney, regnumchristi.org/english/articulos/articulo.phtml?rc=se-39_ca-95_te-60_id-14824)

            "A Basilian monk, having suffered doubt in the physical presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, prayed for relief…What he beheld as he consecrated the bread and wine caused his hands to shake, indeed his whole body…he slowly turned around to the people…The host had turned into flesh, the wine had turned into blood.”
            (This Is My Body, This Is My Blood, Miracles of the Eucharist; (Westlake Village, CA; Journeys of Faith, 1986). Pg. 20.)

            "So the totus Christus is the entire Christ, His physical properties, His intellect, His will, both human and divine, His entire divine self as the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity" (therealpresence.org/eucharst/intro/christs_body.htm)

            "Jesus is really, truly, fully and physically present in the Eucharist"
            (Fr. Thomas Washburn, http://members.aol.com/tomwas/memory1.htm)

            "he is truly and physically present in our midst"
            (Fr. Thomas Washburn, http://members.aol.com/tomwas/memory1.htm)

            "On the last page of that Encyclical he wrote this beautiful tribute to our Blessed Mother showing the unbroken link that has to exist between her and Christ who is physically present in the Eucharist"
            (therealpresence.org/eucharst/pea/ladyeuch.htm)

            "our union with Christ can only be physical if He is actually giving us something physical, that is Himself, which is His body and blood to consume" (scripturecatholic.com/the_eucharist.html)

            "We realize more clearly that the physical body and blood of Jesus Christ are as truly present as they are in heaven, or as they were when he labored in his workshop in Nazareth."
            (catholic.net/rcc/Periodicals/Homiletic/Jan98/transubstantiation.html)

            "Divine power changes bread and wine into the real body and blood of Christ, and he dwells physically on earth in every tabernacle, and comes physically into us in Holy Communion."
            (catholic.net/rcc/Periodicals/Homiletic/Jan98/transubstantiation.html)


            So why did you just post falsehood?

            Were you trying to deceive us....or is it you are ignorant of Catholic doctrine?


            ...




            Originally posted by Mercedes View Post


            I don't know how God works .............
            That has been established without a shadow of doubt.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
              'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
              cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)





              “Therefore if they say to you ....
              ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
              - tabernacles
              do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

              That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
              who present a false Christ before the second coming.





              Isn't IT the REAL body and REAL blood of Christ after all?

              CCC1374 The mode of Christ's presence under the Eucharistic species is unique. It raises the Eucharist above all the sacraments as "the perfection of the spiritual life and the end to which all the sacraments tend." In the most blessed sacrament of the Eucharist "the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ and, therefore, the whole Christ is truly, really, and substantially contained." "This presence is called 'real' - by which is not intended to exclude the other types of presence as if they could not be 'real' too, but because it is presence in the fullest sense: that is to say, it is a substantial presence by which Christ, God and man, makes himself wholly and entirely present."
              Matthew 28 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

              That's what Jesus promised. Who am I to disagree with Him?
              The crones love their cliques!

              Comment


              • #8

                Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

                'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
                cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)





                “Therefore if they say to you ....
                ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
                - tabernacles
                do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

                That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
                who present a false Christ before the second coming.



                Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

                Matthew 28 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

                That's what Jesus promised. Who am I to disagree with Him?

                Therefore, Jesus cannot be some fleeting eucharistic presence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
                  Matthew 28 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
                  Not bodily.

                  It is called the Ascension. Look it up.

                  That's what Jesus promised. Who am I to disagree with Him?
                  You already do. He said He is away bodily. His Word teaches He will come again to this earth only a SECOND time.

                  Catholics don't believe Him....as they are more attracted to wafers and the inanimate object of their worship.

                  ...
                  Last edited by Atemi; 09-15-18, 01:08 AM.
                  "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
                    Matthew 28 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

                    That's what Jesus promised. Who am I to disagree with Him?
                    He is always with those who are born again. I don't need to pretend His body etc is in a wafer. scripture says bread anyway, not a flat round wafer.


                    "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                    The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mica View Post
                      He is always with those who are born again. I don't need to pretend His body etc is in a wafer. scripture says bread anyway, not a flat round wafer.

                      Instead of simply condemning the Catholic observation as a 'wafer'.... how do you observe Paul's instruction in that verse?

                      1 Cor 11 25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
                      The crones love their cliques!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
                        cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)


                        “Therefore if they say to you ....
                        ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
                        - tabernacles
                        do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

                        That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
                        who present a false Christ before the second coming.



                        Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
                        26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
                        In the meantime Catholics eat REAL BREAD
                        until He comes to condemn them for preaching a false gospel.



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
                          'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
                          cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)


                          “Therefore if they say to you ....
                          ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
                          - tabernacles
                          do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

                          That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
                          who present a false Christ before the second coming.



                          Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
                          26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
                          In the meantime Catholics eat REAL BREAD
                          until He comes to condemn them for preaching a false gospel.


                          How do you observe Paul's instruction in the verse?
                          The crones love their cliques!

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

                            'Proclaim the Lord's death until He comes'
                            cannot possibly mean that He is physically present (1 Cor 11:26)


                            “Therefore if they say to you ....
                            ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
                            - tabernacles
                            do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

                            That accurate prophecy by Jesus is about that succession of false apostles,
                            who present a false Christ before the second coming.
                            Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
                            26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.




                            In the meantime Catholics eat REAL BREAD
                            until He comes to condemn them for preaching a false gospel.



                            Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

                            How do you observe Paul's instruction in the verse?
                            You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life;
                            and these are they which testify of Me.
                            But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life
                            (Jn 5:39-40).


                            I turned to Jesus to GET A LIFE,
                            which is a PERMANENT relationship
                            with the Father through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

                            Turning to Jesus is markedly more difficult for Catholics,
                            as they think to have already a fleeting experience with their god.

                            Shift your focus from indoctrination to Jesus as your Saviour.






                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
                              [/B][/U]



                              In the meantime Catholics eat REAL BREAD
                              until He comes to condemn them for preaching a false gospel.





                              You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life;
                              and these are they which testify of Me.
                              But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life
                              (Jn 5:39-40).


                              I turned to Jesus to GET A LIFE,
                              which is a PERMANENT relationship
                              with the Father through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

                              Turning to Jesus is markedly more difficult for Catholics,
                              as they think to have already a fleeting experience with their god.

                              Shift your focus from indoctrination to Jesus as your Saviour.





                              There's an awful lot of waffle there. Hang on!!! do you eat waffles to observe Paul's teaching?

                              If not. Tell me how you observe Paul's teaching?
                              The crones love their cliques!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X