Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

any catholics here STILL support the pope and the leadership?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any catholics here STILL support the pope and the leadership?

its mind boggling to me. you have a liberal globalist as pope who isnt doing anything about the pedo rings in the catholic church. id be outraged if i was catholic. its seems like just a small amount of catholics actually care about the corruption and satanic evil that is going on in their church

Originally posted by cornbread View Post
    its mind boggling to me. you have a liberal globalist as pope who isnt doing anything about the pedo rings in the catholic church. id be outraged if i was catholic. its seems like just a small amount of catholics actually care about the corruption and satanic evil that is going on in their church
    Doing anything? He caused it all. This began and is extended by all Popes since 1922. They set up a system of Canon law trials

that encourage predator priests if reported to the Bishop and make it an excommunication offense to tell the cops. This is not new.

The UN has been complaining about the Catholic canon law system for predator priests for years.

Here is what their letter to the Pope says, can you believe it.

UN Committee on the Rights of the Child hands down its Concluding Observations ont the Second
    Periodic Report of the Holy See 31 Jan. 2014 in Potaphar's Wife p48

The Report notes that: Some of the rules of canon law are not in conformity with the Convention
    with the Rights of the Child.

The Holy See has adopted policies and practice that led to the continuation of the abuse
    and impunity of perpetrators.

The Holy See covered up known sex abusers, and shifted them elewhere.

The Holy See had declined to provide the Committee with information on the outcome
    of its canonical disiplinary procedures.

The Holy see had allowed a vast majority of abusers to escape criminal prosecution
    by its confidential disciplinary proceedings.

The code of silence imposed on clergy under penalty of excommunication meant that few cases
    of child sexual abuse were reported.

The reporting to national law enforcement agencies has never been made compulsory
    and while expressly rejected and in the Storero letter of 1997, in many cases
    the Holy See has refused to cooperate with judicial authority

Do you know the perfect defense against a accusation of Pedophilia in canon law court? (drum roll) Pedophilia! (He could not help it)

An accusation in canon law court more than 5 years after the incident reported is dropped.

The latest book out on the subject is Potiphar's Wife that is reviewed on the web by the National Review Reporter

One conclusion is as follows: "beyond a doubt that the institution's main concern is the protection of the hierarchy and not the victims"

The Catholic church (note they do not call them a church) does not care about the children. Even now they scramble to protect themselves.

Some little ones might be saved even now if the bishops would hand those records over to the cops. THEY WILL NOT.

1000+ victims in 6 diocese of Pennsylvania. 194 dioceses in the US. Do the Math. Criminal Neglect by the Bishops, Cardinals and Pope.

They scramble to save themselves like common criminals.(which they are)

Silence.

JohnR
    Last edited by highrigger; 09-16-18, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Personally, I think that the current Pope should resign but that's just me. Maybe other Catholics have a different take on it.
      "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Looking back at history we see many many popes that were scoundrels ..
        Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post
          Personally, I think that the current Pope should resign but that's just me. Maybe other Catholics have a different take on it.
          Would not solve the problem because the problem is church - wide. The Cardinals would simply elect a new Pope with the same attitude.

The goal now is self protection. If they cared about the kids they would give the Bishops records over to the cops.

They will not. Hard to imagine but they really do NOT care about the kids. Those records tell where the suffering is located and gives the names.

The Holy Office has them from ALL the diocese.

JohnR

Comment

I still support the pope and the leadership as I haven't seen their accusers offer any evidence to support their accusations.

Less than 1% of priests have been accused of touching a child. Most of the accusations were made by people in their 70s alleging abuse that occurred more than 50 years ago when they were an adult. It's been shown that many of those accusations were based on false memories. Hardly any of the priests accused have been found to be guilty nor is there any evidence they were guilty in most cases.

Regarding the bishops and Pope Francis, I've read lots of unsubstantiated accusations driven by anti-catholic propaganda and wild imaginations but haven't seen any real evidence that more than a few homosexual bishops were involved in covering up crimes of priests accused of touching children and young adults.

The statistics I've read showed that accusations of touching minors is greater in non-Catholic churches so this isn't a Catholic problem but a problem that occurs everywhere.

Since most of the accusations were from over 50 years ago, that would suggest that if those accusations were true the incidence of touching minors has declined sharply during the past two decades. Given how much the church has done to protect minors during the last several years, I'm confident the current incidence is at record lows. There is probably no place safer for children today than in the Catholic Church.
            The son of Mary isn't half God or one-third God. He is fully God.

"No one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. (1Cor 12:3)"

Comment

Originally posted by logix View Post

I still support the pope and the leadership as I haven't seen their accusers offer any evidence to support their accusations.

Less than 1% of priests have been accused of touching a child. Most of the accusations were made by people in their 70s alleging abuse that occurred more than 50 years ago when they were an adult. It's been shown that many of those accusations were based on false memories. Hardly any of the priests accused have been found to be guilty nor is there any evidence they were guilty in most cases.

Regarding the bishops and Pope Francis, I've read lots of unsubstantiated accusations driven by anti-catholic propaganda and wild imaginations but haven't seen any real evidence that more than a few homosexual bishops were involved in covering up crimes of priests accused of touching children and young adults.

The statistics I've read showed that accusations of touching minors is greater in non-Catholic churches so this isn't a Catholic problem but a problem that occurs everywhere.

Since most of the accusations were from over 50 years ago, that would suggest that if those accusations were true the incidence of touching minors has declined sharply during the past two decades. Given how much the church has done to protect minors during the last several years, I'm confident the current incidence is at record lows. There is probably no place safer for children today than in the Catholic Church.
              You think the UN has no evidence when they write these things direct to your Pope?

UN Committee on the Rights of the Child hands down its Concluding Observations on the Second
              Periodic Report of the Holy See 31 Jan. 2014. Referenced in Potiphar's Wife p48

The Report notes that: Some of the rules of canon law are not in conformity with the Convention
              with the Rights of the Child.

The Holy See has adopted policies and practice that led to the continuation of the abuse
              and impunity of perpetrators.

The Holy See covered up known sex abusers, and shifted them elsewhere.

The Holy See had declined to provide the Committee with information on the outcome
              of its canonical disciplinary procedures.

The Holy see had allowed a vast majority of abusers to escape criminal prosecution
              by its confidential disciplinary proceedings.

The code of silence imposed on clergy under penalty of excommunication meant that few cases
              of child sexual abuse were reported.

The reporting to national law enforcement agencies has never been made compulsory
              and while expressly rejected and in the Storero letter of 1997, in many cases
              the Holy See has refused to cooperate with judicial authority

Your own National Catholic Reporter concludes this.
              "beyond a doubt that the institution's main concern is the protection of the hierarchy and not the victims"

Yet you support the Pope and the leadership that caused this horror.

Your statistics are absurd. 1000+ victims in only 6 diocese. How many in 194 dioceses in the US? Do the math.

We are not like you.

JohnR
              Last edited by highrigger; 09-16-18, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Personally, I think that the current Pope should resign but that's just me.
                So now the papacy is a political office and not manned by the one chosen by the Holy Spirit as His vicar?

Who are you to tell your supreme leader and head of your sect to step down? Where did God give you that authority?

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

<takes head out of the sand...>

Originally posted by logix View Post
                  <puts head back firmly into the sand...>

Everyone does it! What has happened is what Catholics should have expected all along!

Statistically, how else do you expect Catholic priests and bishops to behave?

LOL!

Given how much the church has done to protect minors during the last several years, I'm confident the current incidence is at record lows.
                  You know this is not just about child molestation, don't you?

There is probably no place safer for children today than in the Catholic Church.
                  Sure. You have "blue cards." Find a quiet room for the little ones and "Father"!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

So now the papacy is a political office and not manned by the one chosen by the Holy Spirit as His vicar?
                    NOW????! SInce there's never been a "Vicar" (other than ALL Christians), the "pope" has never been anything but the CEO, of the "Holy ROman Catholic Corporation".

Who are you to tell your supreme leader and head of your sect to step down? Where did God give you that authority?
                    The "Holy Roman Catholics" don't really believe that the "pope" is who he claims to be, since they WOULD NEVER DARE to question him as they do if they thought he REALLY WAS Jesus' vicar on earth. They know (like everybody else) that he's nothing but a "Political Choice".

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
                      The "Holy Roman Catholics" don't really believe that the "pope" is who he claims to be, since they WOULD NEVER DARE to question him as they do if they thought he REALLY WAS Jesus' vicar on earth. They know (like everybody else) that he's nothing but a "Political Choice".
                      Exactly correct.

When given enough room, they themselves confess their real beliefs, rather than the front they put up most of the time.

Nobody makes a better case against Roman Catholicism than Roman Catholics themselves.

Comment

I praise the Lord God that I obeyed His call to come out of that vile Roman Catholic institution over 40 years ago. The lack of integrity on the part of the clergy alone is an indicator of the sickness inside the Roman Catholic Church. The more details we know, and the more the doctrines that these people espouse, becomes meaningless. The Roman Catholic Church use to have control over masses of people, but they are quickly realizing that is a thing of the past never to be repeated. They are showing the whole world who they really are - and what they are really all about - no more hiding behind their frilly little men-dresses and Roman collars that hide their sexually perverted crimes and a multitude of their heinous sins.
                        RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Originally posted by highrigger View Post

Would not solve the problem because the problem is church - wide. The Cardinals would simply elect a new Pope with the same attitude.

The goal now is self protection. If they cared about the kids they would give the Bishops records over to the cops.

They will not. Hard to imagine but they really do NOT care about the kids. Those records tell where the suffering is located and gives the names.

The Holy Office has them from ALL the diocese.

JohnR
                          More and more dioceses are giving records to the civil authorities.
                          "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Atemi wrote,

I would not go so far as to say that the candidate is hand picked by the Holy Spirit but the Holy Spirit guides the Cardinals if thy are open to Him.

I did not say that I have any authority to tell the Pope to step down. I was just expressing my opinion.

Comment

More and more dioceses are giving records to the civil authorities.
                              How come they never thought of that themselves all this time?

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X