Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Converted to Jesus Christ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post
    1 Peter 1:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
    2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
    Don't be ridiculous.
    No priest spills the 'blood' unto you.

Don't forget to take it literally.
    Remember that it isn't just wine to RCs

Servants of satan deceive by adding uninspired writers;
    like Luke the Greek, the author of Hebrews and James
    to the foundational prophets and apostles
    (Mat 13:25, Eph 2:20).

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Don't be ridiculous.
      No priest spills the 'blood' unto you.

Don't forget to take it literally.
      Remember that it isn't just wine to RCs

Originally posted by mica View Post
      post the verse and highlight EXACTLY where it SPECIFICALLY states that His blood was literally sprinkled on Peter.

where are Jerome's writings in scripture? was he an apostle?

other bible versions have it as cleansed with the blood of Jesus and this what Jerome is explaining. There is no need for Jerome to be an apostle to do this. If you do not agree that sprinkled with the blood of Jesus has the same connotation as cleansed with the blood of Jesus, tell us why it is not?

Comment

other bible versions have it as cleansed with the blood of Jesus and this what Jerome is explaining. There is no need for Jerome to be an apostle to do this. If you do not agree that sprinkled with the blood of Jesus has the same connotation as cleansed with the blood of Jesus, tell us why it is not?
        You choose Jerome in addition to Frankie and his god-wafer.

A two horse race; Jesus or your choice.

Get it wrong and you will suffer for ever.

Servants of satan deceive by adding uninspired writers;
        like Luke the Greek, the author of Hebrews and James
        to the foundational prophets and apostles
        (Mat 13:25, Eph 2:20).

Comment

the verse says peter, being one of the elect, has been sprinkled with the blood of jesus…..unless you do not admit peter is one of the elect.

we are all cleansed with the blood of Christ.
          No one is arguing that Peter was one of the elect. But the letter was written by him to those of the Dispersion telling them “according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ”.

Just curious. What’s your reason for quoting the fallible Jerome? Has absolutely nothing to do with your post.

Last edited by nan; 11-08-18, 11:55 AM.
          We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth … Charles Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeT View Post

You mean penance don't you? God gave us the sacrament of penance. We are practiced at it weekly, sometime monthly or yearly.

Have you virtues in confession of sins and receiving and understanding the absolution given you? I think not.

JoeT
            I'm curious, Joe. How much penance does one have to do to be forgiven?
            We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth … Charles Stanley

Comment

Go back and read your original post. You wrote "the verse says peter, being one of the elect, has been sprinkled with the blood of jesus".

Where does the verse say this?

Comment

• Originally posted by nan View Post

I wonder if Roman Catholics even begin to realize that their 'penance' brings no sense of any assurance or strength to their spiritual life.
                RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

I wonder if Roman Catholics even begin to realize that their 'penance' brings no sense of any assurance or strength to their spiritual life.
                  I don't think they care, my friend.

Penance and repentance don't mean the same thing. Do they even wonder why penance isn't mentioned in the bible?

Comment

I don't know, why have you asked? I would presume that penance is required for each sin. We do know that sin will not enter heaven, consequently if we are unrepentant of a sin or a number of sins, the sin and the sin-holder will not enter heaven.

JoeT
                    Sigillum Militum Χρisti † / "Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

Totus Tuus, "Totally yours . . . Keep me in this union".

Comment

I don't know, why have you asked? I would presume that penance is required for each sin. We do know that sin will not enter heaven, consequently if we are unrepentant of a sin or a number of sins, the sin and the sin-holder will not enter heaven.

JoeT
                      Do you know any followers of Jesus Christ that are unrepentant of their sins?
                      Goats love their tea!

Strong's #3982

Comment

JoeT
                        delete post

Comment

• Originally posted by micaView Post
                          post the verse and highlight EXACTLYwhere it SPECIFICALLYstates that His blood was literally sprinkled on Peter.
                          where are Jerome's writings in scripture? was he an apostle?
                          Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post
                          other bible versions have it as cleansed with the blood of Jesus and this what Jerome is explaining.
                          you didn't post from other bible versions... you specifically chose the kjv.

There is no need for Jerome to be an apostle to do this.
                          then his words are not inspired, yet you quote him, instead of scripture. catholics most often quote and believe those who were not apostles (and weren't alive at that time), and whose words are not the inspired word of God.

so why did you quote Jerome instead of other scripture? was he alive and present at the crucifixion as an eyewitness of it?

If you do not agree that sprinkled with the blood of Jesus has the same connotation as cleansed with the blood of Jesus, tell us why it is not?
                          why would I believe that is what you meant from your question, when catholics make it known that they do not believe that we are cleansed by the blood shed by Jesus? if catholics did believe that, they wouldn't believe that they still need to do something else in order to be saved (cleansed) by Him alone.

so, answer now....Also 1peter1 says the blood of Jesus was sprinkled on Peter . Why?
                          if you understand that it was not literally His actual blood, why did you ask this specific question?

even those who have just a basic amount of understanding of scripture, know that His blood did not need to literally touch the person, in order to save them. Those who have been born again, know that no actual blood was on them when it happened.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT View Post
                            I don't know, why have you asked?I would presume that penance is required for each sin. We do know that sin will not enter heaven, consequently if we are unrepentant of a sin or a number of sins, the sin and the sin-holder will not enter heaven. JoeT
                            her post is clear on the 'why' of the question.

so you don't know?

one can be repentant without doing a penance (as it is known to catholics).

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

JoeT
                              Penance has a distinctive definition in your church. Such a thing is not required by Jesus EVER.

He requires that we repent of our sins, (all of them) but he does not mention penance.

You made that up to keep control over Catholics.

Your presumption is false.

Sin does not enter heaven. We are forgiven. No penance needed. You made up that silly religious busy work.

It has no effect whatsoever. Repentance is sufficient as Jesus taught.

JohnR

Comment

• Originally posted by Peitho View Post

Do you know any followers of Jesus Christ that are unrepentant of their sins?
                                I didn't know that. Maybe you can explain?

JoeT
                                Sigillum Militum Χρisti † / "Truth exists. The Incarnation happened."

Totus Tuus, "Totally yours . . . Keep me in this union".

Comment

Working...
                                X