Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The predatory gay web surrounding McCarrick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The predatory gay web surrounding McCarrick

    Last month I wrote about the reported predatory behavior of Monsignor Walter Rossi, the director of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., a position to which he had been appointed by the pedo-rapist Cardinal Theodore McCarrick in 2005. Bishop Michael Bransfield, who is under investigation for predatory gay behavior, had recruited Rossi, a priest from Scranton, Pennsylvania, to join the Basilica staff after he completed a canon law degree at Catholic University.

    A number of alumni from the Catholic University of America (CUA) have told me that Rossi “hit” on them and “groomed” them. In one case, I was told, Rossi asked a CUA student about his gay roommate (with whom Rossi was overly familiar) and insinuated that the three of them should get together for group sex.

    “Rossi is a gay sexual harasser of CUA students,” said this alumnus to me. A professor of theology at CUA, C.C Pecknold, has responded to the concerns my article raised among mothers and fathers with sons at CUA: “I do think the allegations against Msgr. Rossi should be investigated by the Metropolitan, but important to remember that [the Basilica] is institutionally independent from the University and not under our purview. Mr. Neumayr paints with too broad a brush.”

    Actually, the strokes of my brush have never been more precise. Rossi sits on CUA’s Board of Trustees. Yes, Rossi’s long history of gay misconduct and gay sexual harassment of CUA students is a matter for Wuerl (and Rossi’s actual superior, the bishop of Scranton, where he was ordained). But surely it is a matter for the university. Or is CUA’s board okay with a board member who asks CUA students for threesomes?

    Last Saturday, I saw John Garvey at the Mayflower hotel. He is the president of Catholic University. He had previously worked as a dean at Boston College Law School, where he sparked criticism among orthodox Catholics by siding with the Jesuit school’s LGBT-promoting faculty in a controversy involving a scorned faculty member who opposed gay marriage. It is hard to imagine Garvey dithering over whether or not to an investigate a member of his board who was accused of hitting upon female CUA students. But in Rossi’s case it appears that he is dithering, and that he certainly doesn’t want to answer questions about a potential investigation into Rossi’s conduct.

    I said to Garvey civilly, “Can I ask you a question?” Ever the slithery charmer, Garvey patted me on the arm as he said, “No, you can’t, George,” and walked away.

    Can it really come as a surprise to Garvey that a journalist is looking into the scandalous tenure of Monsignor Rossi, a protégé and hire of the biggest predatory gay cleric in American ecclesiastical history? The predatory gay web around McCarrick could not be more obvious. McCarrick presided over a culture of outré behavior in which the Bransfields and Rossis could pursue gay double lives with impunity.

    After I reported last month that Rossi owns a self-described “sex pad” in Fort Lauderdale (a CUA source overheard Rossi describe his condo in those terms), which bills itself as the “LGBT capital of Florida,” a well-placed source within the Church on the East Coast contacted me to confirm my account. (I had reported that Rossi co-owns the condo with a priest from Scranton, Fr. Andrew Hvozdovic.)

    “We all know that Rossi and the priest with whom he owns that place are an old gay couple,” said this source. “That priest’s nickname is Randy Andy among the other priests because he is so openly gay. Above the toilet in his rooms in the rectory hangs a gay beefcake soccer calendar. He has photos of himself with Rossi looking like a married couple, and people have seen them walking the beach in Fort Lauderdale together in speedos. The gay nickname for Walter Rossi among Scranton priests is Wanda.”

    But their relationship is open, and Rossi has collected various lovers over the years, according to multiple sources. Some of those lovers were plucked from the ranks of CUA’s student body, such as the absurdly checkered Matthew Riedlinger, according to one of these sources: “Riedlinger was a homosexual who had been kicked out of the seminary in Ohio. He then turned up at Catholic University. Riedlinger would brag about his sexual relationship with Rossi, who helped him become a priest in the diocese of Trenton.”

    Trenton Bishop John M. Smith, a crony of McCarrick’s (Smith served as an auxiliary bishop to him in Newark), ordained Riedlinger after Rossi’s outrageous string-pulling. Riedlinger would soon leave the priesthood in scandal. In 2013, he got nabbed in an underage sex sting after sending over a thousand texts to a person posing as a 16-year-old male. While this scandal unfolded, Rossi put Riedlinger up at another beach resort condo he owns near Atlantic City in Bringantine, New Jersey. Public records establish that Riedlinger has been registered to vote at Rossi’s Brigantine residence.

    Last week, I stopped in Atlantic City to check out Rossi’s condo as I made my way down to Washington, D.C. His condo is at the “Brigantine Island Beach Resort,” though it is not, unlike his place in Fort Lauderdale, right smack on a private beach (between the beach and the resort is a field of plants that takes about five to ten minutes to traverse). Rossi must not use it very often. A postal worker with whom I chatted about Rossi says his mail builds up — and that Riedlinger still gets mail there! Rossi clearly prefers his Fort Lauderdale luxury high rise, where he is “treasurer” on the condo board this year.

    “Rossi would groom CUA students,” says a D.C. archdiocesan source. “If they submitted to him, he would reward them; if they didn’t, he would treat them poorly, and if they worked at the Basilica, he would make life miserable for them until they left.”

    Imitating his boss McCarrick and his old boss Bransfield, Rossi arrogantly assumed that no member of the faithful would ever dare call him out on his scandalous life. If they could get away with it, he appears to have reasoned, why can’t I?

    Yet the day of reckoning approaches. Members of the Gay Mafia, of which that trio is emblematic, have exploited the naïveté and docility of the Catholic faithful for years, who are now wising up to that mafia’s grotesque decadence. The mothers and fathers of young men are mad as hell and they will not take it anymore. - George Neumayr

    https://spectator.org/the-day-of-rec...the-hierarchy/


    "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post
    Last month I wrote about the reported predatory behavior of Monsignor Walter Rossi, the director of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., a position to which he had been appointed by the pedo-rapist Cardinal Theodore McCarrick in 2005. Bishop Michael Bransfield, who is under investigation for predatory gay behavior, had recruited Rossi, a priest from Scranton, Pennsylvania, to join the Basilica staff after he completed a canon law degree at Catholic University.

    A number of alumni from the Catholic University of America (CUA) have told me that Rossi “hit” on them and “groomed” them. In one case, I was told, Rossi asked a CUA student about his gay roommate (with whom Rossi was overly familiar) and insinuated that the three of them should get together for group sex.

    “Rossi is a gay sexual harasser of CUA students,” said this alumnus to me. A professor of theology at CUA, C.C Pecknold, has responded to the concerns my article raised among mothers and fathers with sons at CUA: “I do think the allegations against Msgr. Rossi should be investigated by the Metropolitan, but important to remember that [the Basilica] is institutionally independent from the University and not under our purview. Mr. Neumayr paints with too broad a brush.”

    Actually, the strokes of my brush have never been more precise. Rossi sits on CUA’s Board of Trustees. Yes, Rossi’s long history of gay misconduct and gay sexual harassment of CUA students is a matter for Wuerl (and Rossi’s actual superior, the bishop of Scranton, where he was ordained). But surely it is a matter for the university. Or is CUA’s board okay with a board member who asks CUA students for threesomes?

    Last Saturday, I saw John Garvey at the Mayflower hotel. He is the president of Catholic University. He had previously worked as a dean at Boston College Law School, where he sparked criticism among orthodox Catholics by siding with the Jesuit school’s LGBT-promoting faculty in a controversy involving a scorned faculty member who opposed gay marriage. It is hard to imagine Garvey dithering over whether or not to an investigate a member of his board who was accused of hitting upon female CUA students. But in Rossi’s case it appears that he is dithering, and that he certainly doesn’t want to answer questions about a potential investigation into Rossi’s conduct.

    I said to Garvey civilly, “Can I ask you a question?” Ever the slithery charmer, Garvey patted me on the arm as he said, “No, you can’t, George,” and walked away.

    Can it really come as a surprise to Garvey that a journalist is looking into the scandalous tenure of Monsignor Rossi, a protégé and hire of the biggest predatory gay cleric in American ecclesiastical history? The predatory gay web around McCarrick could not be more obvious. McCarrick presided over a culture of outré behavior in which the Bransfields and Rossis could pursue gay double lives with impunity.

    After I reported last month that Rossi owns a self-described “sex pad” in Fort Lauderdale (a CUA source overheard Rossi describe his condo in those terms), which bills itself as the “LGBT capital of Florida,” a well-placed source within the Church on the East Coast contacted me to confirm my account. (I had reported that Rossi co-owns the condo with a priest from Scranton, Fr. Andrew Hvozdovic.)

    “We all know that Rossi and the priest with whom he owns that place are an old gay couple,” said this source. “That priest’s nickname is Randy Andy among the other priests because he is so openly gay. Above the toilet in his rooms in the rectory hangs a gay beefcake soccer calendar. He has photos of himself with Rossi looking like a married couple, and people have seen them walking the beach in Fort Lauderdale together in speedos. The gay nickname for Walter Rossi among Scranton priests is Wanda.”

    But their relationship is open, and Rossi has collected various lovers over the years, according to multiple sources. Some of those lovers were plucked from the ranks of CUA’s student body, such as the absurdly checkered Matthew Riedlinger, according to one of these sources: “Riedlinger was a homosexual who had been kicked out of the seminary in Ohio. He then turned up at Catholic University. Riedlinger would brag about his sexual relationship with Rossi, who helped him become a priest in the diocese of Trenton.”

    Trenton Bishop John M. Smith, a crony of McCarrick’s (Smith served as an auxiliary bishop to him in Newark), ordained Riedlinger after Rossi’s outrageous string-pulling. Riedlinger would soon leave the priesthood in scandal. In 2013, he got nabbed in an underage sex sting after sending over a thousand texts to a person posing as a 16-year-old male. While this scandal unfolded, Rossi put Riedlinger up at another beach resort condo he owns near Atlantic City in Bringantine, New Jersey. Public records establish that Riedlinger has been registered to vote at Rossi’s Brigantine residence.

    Last week, I stopped in Atlantic City to check out Rossi’s condo as I made my way down to Washington, D.C. His condo is at the “Brigantine Island Beach Resort,” though it is not, unlike his place in Fort Lauderdale, right smack on a private beach (between the beach and the resort is a field of plants that takes about five to ten minutes to traverse). Rossi must not use it very often. A postal worker with whom I chatted about Rossi says his mail builds up — and that Riedlinger still gets mail there! Rossi clearly prefers his Fort Lauderdale luxury high rise, where he is “treasurer” on the condo board this year.

    “Rossi would groom CUA students,” says a D.C. archdiocesan source. “If they submitted to him, he would reward them; if they didn’t, he would treat them poorly, and if they worked at the Basilica, he would make life miserable for them until they left.”

    Imitating his boss McCarrick and his old boss Bransfield, Rossi arrogantly assumed that no member of the faithful would ever dare call him out on his scandalous life. If they could get away with it, he appears to have reasoned, why can’t I?

    Yet the day of reckoning approaches. Members of the Gay Mafia, of which that trio is emblematic, have exploited the naïveté and docility of the Catholic faithful for years, who are now wising up to that mafia’s grotesque decadence. The mothers and fathers of young men are mad as hell and they will not take it anymore. - George Neumayr

    https://spectator.org/the-day-of-rec...the-hierarchy/

    You know what is interesting? Once again, I see accusations upon accusations upon accusations--but no real evidence. I see unnamed accusers. If I were Rossi I would be slapping the author of these articles with a huge defamation lawsuit.

    Who is this "archdiocesan source" by the way? What about this "well placed source on the East Coast?" Who is this "well placed source?"

    Funny how people are good at making accusations but not so good at providing actual evidence. Again--if I were Rossi, I would be slapping these people with the biggest defamation lawsuit in American history. They would not know what hit them.

    I wonder if these people are friends with Vigano. Vigano knows all about making accusations but offering no real proof.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Romishpopishpapist View Post

      You know what is interesting? Once again, I see accusations upon accusations upon accusations--but no real evidence. I see unnamed accusers. If I were Rossi I would be slapping the author of these articles with a huge defamation lawsuit.

      Who is this "archdiocesan source" by the way? What about this "well placed source on the East Coast?" Who is this "well placed source?"

      Funny how people are good at making accusations but not so good at providing actual evidence. Again--if I were Rossi, I would be slapping these people with the biggest defamation lawsuit in American history. They would not know what hit them.

      I wonder if these people are friends with Vigano. Vigano knows all about making accusations but offering no real proof.
      Do you believe there is a problem with predatory homosexuality in the Novus Ordo "church" and there have been prelates who move the predators around and cover up for them?

      How far in the sand do you have your head buried?
      "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Romishpopishpapist View Post

        You know what is interesting? Once again, I see accusations upon accusations upon accusations--but no real evidence. I see unnamed accusers. If I were Rossi I would be slapping the author of these articles with a huge defamation lawsuit.

        Who is this "archdiocesan source" by the way? What about this "well placed source on the East Coast?" Who is this "well placed source?"

        Funny how people are good at making accusations but not so good at providing actual evidence. Again--if I were Rossi, I would be slapping these people with the biggest defamation lawsuit in American history. They would not know what hit them.

        I wonder if these people are friends with Vigano. Vigano knows all about making accusations but offering no real proof.
        I find that I have a similar discomfort with all the goings on, Romish. While we are now understanding that under the roof of the Church, networks of depravity have been operating with occult secrecy... there is another agenda at work comprising fundamentalists having made an unholy alliance with anti Catholicism. I keep getting the sombre image that Sr Lucia wrote about.

        After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
        The crones love their cliques!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

          Do you believe there is a problem with predatory homosexuality in the Novus Ordo "church" and there have been prelates who move the predators around and cover up for them?
          I have heard this claim and I think it is absurd.

          Homosexuality is a Red Herring. Child abuse/child molestation is the issue.

          Even IF there is a gay subculture, the more serious problem is child abuse. I would suggest we can worry about a gay subculture later. We need to get rid of the child molesters first. Homosexuality might be immoral, but it does not put anyone in danger since it would involve consenting adults.

          The bishops first need to admit their own role in causing the scandal in the first place and take measures to deal with that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

            I find that I have a similar discomfort with all the goings on, Romish. While we are now understanding that under the roof of the Church, networks of depravity have been operating with occult secrecy... there is another agenda at work comprising fundamentalists having made an unholy alliance with anti Catholicism. I keep getting the sombre image that Sr Lucia wrote about.

            After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
            There is no doubt that networks of depravity have been operating with occult secrecy under the roof of the Church--while the successors of the Apostles stood by and let it happen.

            At the same time--we still need to keep our wits about us and reason through this. Anyone can make accusations of anything they want. We cannot just believe someone because they are making an accusation. We must demand proof--in this case--of the highest order. Accusations like this can destroy a person's life. Real proof must be demanded. Accusations without real proof--are nothing more than witch hunts.

            I guess that is what I am trying to say. We must be reasoned and resist the temptation to start hunting witches.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

              I find that I have a similar discomfort with all the goings on, Romish. While we are now understanding that under the roof of the Church, networks of depravity have been operating with occult secrecy... there is another agenda at work comprising fundamentalists having made an unholy alliance with anti Catholicism. I keep getting the sombre image that Sr Lucia wrote about.

              After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
              Penance penance penance??

              Test all things and hold fast to that which is good. The Bible has no doctrine of penance. We don't atone for our own sin. False teaching, false vision.
              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                Penance penance penance??

                Test all things and hold fast to that which is good. The Bible has no doctrine of penance. We don't atone for our own sin. False teaching, false vision.
                and false god, false church.

                "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                  Penance penance penance??

                  Test all things and hold fast to that which is good. The Bible has no doctrine of penance. We don't atone for our own sin. False teaching, false vision.
                  Scripture tells us how we can test things to know Gods will.

                  Romans 12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

                  As living sacrifices, we offer ourselves up in the way Christ did in the face of sin. In penance so to speak.
                  The crones love their cliques!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Romishpopishpapist View Post
                    Homosexuality is a Red Herring. Child abuse/child molestation is the issue.
                    80% of the abuse claims are not strictly pedophilia (meaning children before adolescence) BUT PEDERASTY OF ADOLESCENT BOYS (ages 14-18). That's a gay issue. Throw the harassment of seminarians into the mix, and it is very obvious that the church doeesn't actually have a pedophile problem (at least not one greater than the general public) but a homosexual problem.
                    Open Heart, who loves the Lord.

                    For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Open Heart View Post

                      80% of the abuse claims are not strictly pedophilia (meaning children before adolescence) BUT PEDERASTY OF ADOLESCENT BOYS (ages 14-18). That's a gay issue. Throw the harassment of seminarians into the mix, and it is very obvious that the church doeesn't actually have a pedophile problem (at least not one greater than the general public) but a homosexual problem.
                      This is true and a fact that many will deny. Yet they continue to coddle and sanctify the LGBTQ agenda. it's all "clericalism" you know.
                      "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

                        Scripture tells us how we can test things to know Gods will.

                        Romans 12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

                        As living sacrifices, we offer ourselves up in the way Christ did in the face of sin. In penance so to speak.
                        I'm talking about discerning the spirits. The verses you gave don't mean that. Your quote above is tested by Gods word and found to be false. So the whole thing is false. And penance occurs absolutely nowhere in the bible. No one atones for their own sin. If Jesus didn't pay for it, its still yours and youre hell bound as a result. When He pays for our sin He paid 100% of it.
                        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Open Heart View Post

                          80% of the abuse claims are not strictly pedophilia (meaning children before adolescence) BUT PEDERASTY OF ADOLESCENT BOYS (ages 14-18). That's a gay issue. Throw the harassment of seminarians into the mix, and it is very obvious that the church doeesn't actually have a pedophile problem (at least not one greater than the general public) but a homosexual problem.
                          Yes--and you know what? A child is a child is a child. Child abuse is child abuse. It does not matter how old they are when the abuse happens. Anyone who is under 18 years of age is a child. Period. There are a lot of practicing homosexual men alive in our society today. And you know what? Funny thing: they are having relationships with other consenting adults! Imagine that! They aren't looking to have relationship with minors! If, as you claim, the problem is homosexuality, that would mean any homosexual male is a potential child abuser. That makes absolutely no sense.

                          I repeat: child abuse is the problem. Homosexuality is nothing more than a Red Herring. A person can be a practicing homosexual without being a child abuser.

                          I am not defending the homosexual life style. I am simply pointing out that there are many adult homosexual males who are living the gay lifestyle--and they aren't abusing children.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Romishpopishpapist View Post

                            Yes--and you know what? A child is a child is a child. Child abuse is child abuse. It does not matter how old they are when the abuse happens. Anyone who is under 18 years of age is a child. Period. There are a lot of practicing homosexual men alive in our society today. And you know what? Funny thing: they are having relationships with other consenting adults! Imagine that! They aren't looking to have relationship with minors! If, as you claim, the problem is homosexuality, that would mean any homosexual male is a potential child abuser. That makes absolutely no sense.

                            I repeat: child abuse is the problem. Homosexuality is nothing more than a Red Herring. A person can be a practicing homosexual without being a child abuser.

                            I am not defending the homosexual life style. I am simply pointing out that there are many adult homosexual males who are living the gay lifestyle--and they aren't abusing children.

                            The Catholic League disagrees:

                            How do I know that most of the problem is gay-driven? The data are indisputable.

                            The John Jay study found that 81 percent of the victims were male, 78 percent of whom were postpubescent. Now if 100 percent of the victimizers are male, and most of the victims are postpubescent males, that is a problem called homosexuality. There is no getting around it.

                            How many were pedophiles? Less than five percent. That is what the John Jay study found. Studies done in subsequent years—I have read them all—report approximately the same ratio. It’s been a homosexual scandal all along.

                            Copied from https://www.catholicleague.org/penns...rt-debunked-2/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
                              I find that I have a similar discomfort with all the goings on, Romish. While we are now understanding that under the roof of the Church, networks of depravity have been operating with occult secrecy...
                              You say you have a "similar discomfort," yet you post this accusation without evidence...the very thing Romish lamented.

                              there is another agenda at work comprising fundamentalists having made an unholy alliance with anti Catholicism.
                              And yet again, another accusation without evidence....even though you just said you have a "similar discomfort" with accusations sans evidence.

                              Is the irony lost on you?

                              It isn't lost on me!

                              LOL.

                              ...



                              "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X