Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Catholic Church and Israel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Catholic Church and Israel

The catholic church needs to keep it's double standard nose out of Israel. We all know how many catholics hate the Jewish people, now it's trying to interfere in Israeli politics.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1...eid=32c0db7acb

Originally posted by DMBD View Post
    The catholic church needs to keep it's double standard nose out of Israel. We all know how many catholics hate the Jewish people, now it's trying to interfere in Israeli politics.

The Roman Catholic Church allies itself with the enemies of the Jewish people who seek to destroy the Jews and push them into the sea.

That is ultimately what the Roman Catholics want to see happen. That is their goal.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Almost all of the anti-semites I know or have known have been Roman Catholics, most of whom are among my own family. Their hatred for the Jewish people can only be demonically inspired as it has no rhyme or reason. I have heard the ugliest and vilest things come out of their mouths without a pang of a guilty conscience, these people who consider themselves to be good Catholics.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaara View Post
        Almost all of the anti-semites I know or have known have been Roman Catholics, most of whom are among my own family. Their hatred for the Jewish people can only be demonically inspired as it has no rhyme or reason. I have heard the ugliest and vilest things come out of their mouths without a pang of a guilty conscience, these people who consider themselves to be good Catholics.
        I guess you don't know any history then....

Evangelicals support Hitler, especially the SBC...

Comment

Why? Why should these Catholic leaders living in Israel keep their nose out of Israel? Aren't they at the very least citizens worthy of a voice in a democracy? Are you so anti Catholic now... so steeped in anti Catholic hatred that you think all Catholics in their home countries no longer have any right to speak?? Disgusting.

Comment

When nearly half the Knesset was opposed to the Basic Law proposition, how the heck can it be 'anti-semitic'? The majority of democratic countries supporting Israel urge for the two state solution as supporting democracy more safely. So does the Catholic Church. This is just head shaking blind bigotry coming out on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

Why? Why should these Catholic leaders living in Israel keep their nose out of Israel? Aren't they at the very least citizens worthy of a voice in a democracy? Are you so anti Catholic now... so steeped in anti Catholic hatred that you think all Catholics in their home countries no longer have any right to speak?? Disgusting.
              Then those catholics should stop trying to make that country catholic.

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

The Roman Catholic Church allies itself with the enemies of the Jewish people who seek to destroy the Jews and push them into the sea.

That is ultimately what the Roman Catholics want to see happen. That is their goal.

I do believe that.

Comment

Correction
                  These people who consider themselves devout catholics.

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

I guess you don't know any history then....

Evangelicals support Hitler, especially the SBC...
                    Maybe someone never told you. It's impossible to support Hitler, he's dead. This is today and catholics still hate the Jews. Maybe the RCC is filling in where Hitler can not.

Comment

Then those catholics should stop trying to make that country catholic.
                      Another statement that is nothing but anti Catholic bigotry. I'm convinced you simply don't know what you are talking about because there is not even a consensus among the Jewish population regarding going the way of nation state. All you can see with your blinders on is 'how can I demonise the Catholics in this headline'. Honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercedes View Post

When nearly half the Knesset was opposed to the Basic Law proposition, how the heck can it be 'anti-semitic'? The majority of democratic countries supporting Israel urge for the two state solution as supporting democracy more safely. So does the Catholic Church. This is just head shaking blind bigotry coming out on this thread.
                        No it's not. Maybe you don't know, but the Knesset is Jewish. Why support the two state solution. Maybe you just want some of your brothers to steal land they don't own. And by brothers I mean the Palestinians who like the catholics, hate the Jewish state and want it destroyed.

Comment

No it's not. Maybe you don't know, but the Knesset is Jewish. Why support the two state solution. Maybe you just want some of your brothers to steal land they don't own. And by brothers I mean the Palestinians who like the catholics, hate the Jewish state and want it destroyed.
                          Look, I'll give you some time to do some research. You don't know what you are talking about. The Knesset passed the bill by a narrow margin. 62 for it... 55 against. There is no consensus among the Jewish people that nation-state is the solution. Here is a Israeli article to start with....

https://www.timesofisrael.com/knesse...bill-into-law/

Comment

Catholics are compelled to think so low of the Jews because they were told by their false teachers that they have replaced God's chosen people.

As long as there are Jews, there will be a challenger to these lying Catholic claims.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

Catholics are compelled to think so low of the Jews because they were told by their false teachers that they have replaced God's chosen people.

As long as there are Jews, there will be a challenger to these lying Catholic claims.

The Catholic Church doesn't teach Replacement Theology that is lie from the pits of Hell.

Some official sources to move this topic forward

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_c...aetate_en.html

Thus the Church of Christ acknowledges that, according to God's saving design, the beginnings of her faith and her election are found already among the Patriarchs, Moses and the prophets. She professes that all who believe in Christ-Abraham's sons according to faith (6)-are included in the same Patriarch's call, and likewise that the salvation of the Church is mysteriously foreshadowed by the chosen people's exodus from the land of bondage. The Church, therefore, cannot forget that she received the revelation of the Old Testament through the people with whom God in His inexpressible mercy concluded the Ancient Covenant. Nor can she forget that she draws sustenance from the root of that well-cultivated olive tree onto which have been grafted the wild shoots, the Gentiles.(7) Indeed, the Church believes that by His cross Christ, Our Peace, reconciled Jews and Gentiles. making both one in Himself.(8)
                              As Holy Scripture testifies, Jerusalem did not recognize the time of her visitation,(9) nor did the Jews in large number, accept the Gospel; indeed not a few opposed its spreading.(10) Nevertheless, God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle.(11) In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).(12)
                              True, the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ;(13) still, what happened in His passion cannot be charged against all the Jews, without distinction, then alive, nor against the Jews of today. Although the Church is the new people of God, the Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God, as if this followed from the Holy Scriptures. All should see to it, then, that in catechetical work or in the preaching of the word of God they do not teach anything that does not conform to the truth of the Gospel and the spirit of Christ.
                              http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/po...udaism_en.html

7. "In virtue of her divine mission, the Church" which is to be "the all-embracing means of salvation" in which alone "the fulness of the means of salvation can be obtained" (Unit. Red. 3); "must of her nature proclaim Jesus Christ to the world" (cf. Guidelines and Suggestions, I). Indeed we believe that is is through him that we go to the Father (cf. Jn. 14:6) "and this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent" (Jn 17:33).
                              Jesus affirms (ibid. 10:16) that "there shall be one flock and one shepherd". Church and Judaism cannot then be seen as two parallel ways of salvation and the Church must witness to Christ as the Redeemer for all, "while maintaining the strictest respect for religious liberty in line with the teaching of the Second Vatican Council (Declaration Dignitatis Humanae)" (Guidelines and Suggestions, I).

Comment

Working...
                              X