Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

When Peter commanded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

It is not faith that brings most of these Catholics.
    So much generalization. Even if they bring them only because they want them to go to heaven and be with God if they should die, than that is a tiny seed of faith.

It is superstition and peer pressure.

Christ is barely even on their radar.
    Barely? Barely may indeed be true for some, but barely is still a tiny seed?

That is what happens when you baptize non believers and tell these ungodly folks they are Christians and are born again and temples of the Holy Spirit.

All lies.

That would explain your posts here and the posts of your Catholic pals.

Well it can sometimes be easier to see things in others more than ourselves, even when both act the same.
    Bring together all who wander from the feast you consecrate,
    and restore that grace we squander with divisions we create.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat4life View Post
      Acts 10:48 "And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days."

What do you think would have happened, if they had said they didn't want to be baptized?

Would they have been considered part of the Church by Peter and the others or would they have walked away and had nothing more to do with them?
      This is a good thread. I wish it doesn't just fall to oblivion because Evangelicals cannot answer the tough questions.

Comment

Acts 10:48 "And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days."

What do you think would have happened, if they had said they didn't want to be baptized?

Would they have been considered part of the Church by Peter and the others or would they have walked away and had nothing more to do with them?
        They were baptized because they were already believers.

Acts 10:44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard his message.

Unlike in Catholicism where unbelievers are baptized making Catholic baptism meaningless and useless.

Catholic baptism is a major reason why there are so many unsaved baptized Catholics around thinking they are working their way to salvation. Pure evil and deceptive scheme created by the Catholic Church to pull the wool over their flock and to try to keep them away from Jesus Christ.
        "Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

Catholicism's doctrines of demons:

1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
        1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

Comment

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard his message.

They were baptized because they were already believers in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Unlike in Catholicism, where they created a devilish scheme to baptize unbelievers to fool them they are on their way to salvation by that baptism. That evil scheme was created to keep Catholics away from salvation through Jesus Christ.
          "Cults use Christian terminology, but redefine terms to suit their own belief and practices."-Dr. Walter Martin

1TI 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
          1TI 4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard his message.

They were baptized because they were already believers in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Unlike in Catholicism, where they created a devilish scheme to baptize unbelievers to fool them they are on their way to salvation by that baptism. That evil scheme was created to keep Catholics away from salvation through Jesus Christ.
            Can't answer the question I asked, Doug? I didn't ask why they were baptized.

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

This is a good thread. I wish it doesn't just fall to oblivion because Evangelicals cannot answer the tough questions.
              It surprises me that it is seen as meaningless. I've always questioned what would happen if people in the OT refused to do the things they were told to do.

Abraham's faith was counted as righteousness, because he believed God, but what if he had believed and then not offered Isaac?

Noah was saved through the water, while everybody else laughed, mocked and ultimately perished, but what if he hadn't built the ark and climbed aboard?

Cornelius was used to show that Gentiles could also have the Holy Spirit, but what if he hadn't followed through with baptism?

As James explains so well that faith and action have to work together. You can't have one without the other, but many will say that scripture is just about being justified before man, and not God because they were being called brothers and sisters and they follow the false idea of Once Saved Always Saved. Yet we see that the scripture was fulfilled because his belief lead to action and he was therefore considered a friend of God. If he'd stop doing what God commanded, would he have continued to be a friend?

Comment

Can't answer the question I asked, Doug? I didn't ask why they were baptized.
                Oh sorry, didn't realize you were projecting in order to somehow prop up Catholicism.

The text doesn't support Catholic baptism being necessary for salvation. Nice try anyways.

Comment

It surprises me that it is seen as meaningless. I've always questioned what would happen if people in the OT refused to do the things they were told to do.

Abraham's faith was counted as righteousness, because he believed God, but what if he had believed and then not offered Isaac?

Noah was saved through the water, while everybody else laughed, mocked and ultimately perished, but what if he hadn't built the ark and climbed aboard?

Cornelius was used to show that Gentiles could also have the Holy Spirit, but what if he hadn't followed through with baptism?

As James explains so well that faith and action have to work together. You can't have one without the other, but many will say that scripture is just about being justified before man, and not God because they were being called brothers and sisters and they follow the false idea of Once Saved Always Saved. Yet we see that the scripture was fulfilled because his belief lead to action and he was therefore considered a friend of God. If he'd stop doing what God commanded, would he have continued to be a friend?

Amen. Another great thread entirely ignored by Evangelicals, because they cannot provide answers.

Comment

They didn't, so your entire thread is pretty moot.

It's amazing that Catholics cannot comprehend the working of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
                    ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

Amen. Another great thread entirely ignored by Evangelicals, because they cannot provide answers.
                      Pretty ridiculous to ask people to provide answer to a "what if" question....

And Catholics cheer as if they have accomplished something from a thread about a made up, moot scenario.

And this is what Catholics consider a great thread. smh.
                      ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

Why would these Holy Spirit empowered Gentile believers decline to be baptized?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Him View Post

And Catholics cheer as if they have accomplished something from a thread about a made up, moot scenario.

That's what I was wondering too. It looks desperate to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

Why would these Holy Spirit empowered Gentile believers decline to be baptized?
                            Why does anybody sin?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Him View Post

Why is it ridiculous? Do you never examine things from different perspectives, or ask questions?

The Bible shows us what was done, because that is what is necessary.

But then people here say it's not necessary.

So I'm asking the question what would have happened to that group if they took the advice of those here who say it's not necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

That's what I was wondering too. It looks desperate to me.
                                Looks desperate?

I think the ones who look desperate are the ones who are unable to think on a simple question and eventually provide their simple answer instead of only ask more questions, but never answers are the ridiculous or desperate ones.

That's a common reaction though of some. When you can't answer the question without compromising your own belief, make the asker of the question look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X