Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What is the point?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nan View Post

I've looked and looked but cannot find where God said 'your works have saved you'. Perhaps you can help me out.
    Good luck with that. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

Grace isn't something offered through sacraments.
      Man's nature is moved by a power beyond the grasp of the human mind and that is God's. Whether to receive the sacraments or not, it is the grace of God that moves man to decide. This is the actual grace from god and is a free gift. This grace is transient meaning it disappears with the action itself.

What the sacrament offers is sanctifying grace or the permanent state of grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

Man's nature is moved by a power beyond the grasp of the human mind and that is God's. Whether to receive the sacraments or not, it is the grace of God that moves man to decide. This is the actual grace from god and is a free gift. This grace is transient meaning it disappears with the action itself.

Please provide the evidence for these suppositions, as what you are saying is not biblical. You are saving the saving grace of God is lost and does not last, which is not biblical.

Comment

the repentant woman's sins were forgiven for she loved much. is that not work? she washed, kissed, and anointed Jesus' feet with oil.
          Luke 7:50 – the repentant woman: “Your faith has saved you, go in peace.” “See, her faith saved her. Another example of salvation by faith alone.” If you read this verse in context, however, you will see that her sins were forgiven “for she loved much.” Is that not a work? She washed, kissed, and anointed Jesus’ feet with oil. Are those not works? If it was her faith alone that saved her, then she should have been saved before she even left her house to seek out Jesus. Faith alone? Not here.

Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many,
          are forgiven, for she loved much
          (Luke 7:47).

Justification by loving much is biblical
          and considered to be inerrant by all of Christendom.

nan ask the Roman Catholic who is biblically correct,
          if he can produce actual witnesses for salvation by loving much (Luke 1:3).

that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
          (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1).

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-16-19, 12:49 AM.
          The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God
          Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Him View Post

His sheep shall never perish. The Good shepherd will never allow His sheep to wander off to be forever lost. Ever. He will lose none that the Father has given to Him.

It's a shame Catholics refuse to believe Him.
            It is a shame that you cannot admit that he gave man freewill.

Go in peace. Your faith has saved you/

Nothing you say will nullify what Jesus told her

Jesus did not say your faith ALONE has saved you

I love John 6....

39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

Thanks for admitting faith saves. Also, keep in mind.....

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

The Bible says believing is work (john 6: 27-28) and it is by the grace of god that we are saved, not faith, not works (eph2:8-10)

Can the unregenerate, those dead in sin, do those works?
            why, are you unregenerate?

Of course you do....you said through this entire thread that sheep are free to leave.....as if the Good Shepherd won't go after them and bring them safely back to the fold

god continually offers his grace even for sinners. One cannot have faith nor do works without the grace of god.

You are either a slave of sin or a slave or righteousness....how free is a slave?
            even if you are a sinner, freewill is not lost

And yet we are saved because He causes us to be.....

God regenerates us....unless and until He does, you can do nothing.
            Yes, everything is preceded by the grace of good.

Comment

it is very correct.

if I believe in osas, there is no need for me to go to confession.
              Why? Do you believe when we're saved we no longer sin?
              We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth … Charles Stanley

Comment

And what else did Jesus say contributed to her salvation besides faith?

We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth … Charles Stanley

Comment

The Bible says believing is work (john 6: 27-28) and it is by the grace of god that we are saved, not faith, not works (eph2:8-10)

27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Scripture says what it says.

Comment

Show us where He said your faith and good works saved you.

Comment

According to Scripture, you are either a slave of sin, or a slave of righteousness....how free is a slave?

What OTHER than her faith, saved her? Not one Catholic can answer this.

A work OF GOD

27 Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.” 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

I know Catholics struggle with yes or no answers, hence the reason they must turn to attacking posters instead of answering a simple question....but here it is again if you would like to try to give a coherent answer.

Can the unregenerate do the works of God? Yes or no....

god continually offers his grace even for sinners. One cannot have faith nor do works without the grace of god.
                      Another answer not addressing your own words.....which Scripture refutes as I've shown over and over.

How free is a slave? Do you not know?

Exactly....you don't even have the ability to believe until and unless God FIRST changes your heart.....because you are a slave of sin until HE does.
                      ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

do you remember that verse in scripture that says 'Thy will be done' ? Whose will should be done? yours or His?
                        So much for that, according to catholic. catholics don't believe in His will, they believe in the will of the leaders of the RCC. your leaders are not God.

it is by the grace of God (not a catholic god), our faith, not works of man. yet catholics continue to say and believe it is by their works. catholics love to boast about their works.
                        eph2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Are you free to choose what is not available to you as a choice?
                          Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post
                            do you remember that verse in scripture that says 'Thy will be done' ? Whose will should be done? yours or His?
                            So much for that, according to catholic. catholics don't believe in His will, they believe in the will of the leaders of the RCC. your leaders are not God.

it is by the grace of God (not a catholic god), our faith, not works of man. yet catholics continue to say and believe it is by their works. catholics love to boast about their works.
                            eph2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

and what happens if you do not do those works ordained by god, are you still saved?

Comment

• Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Are you free to choose what is not available to you as a choice?
                              how can you chose what it not there? can you give an example?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Him View Post

According to Scripture, you are either a slave of sin, or a slave of righteousness....how free is a slave?
                                if you claim a sinner has no freewill, I would not agree to that.

What OTHER than her faith, saved her? Not one Catholic can answer this.
                                read it in context. before the woman's sins were forgiven, she loved jesus very much that she washed, kissed, and anointed Jesus' feet with oil. aren't these all works she did. if it were faith alone, the woman could have been saved before leaving her house to seek jesus. jesus did not say...your faith alone has saved you

A work OF GOD

27 Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.” 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”
                                whether a work of god or of man, the point I am trying to make is that the word of god very clearly says that the act of believing is a work. this work of god which is believing in jesus Christ is a work that man does. the act of believing is a work of man, but a work of man by the grace of god. god's work through man and man's work by the grace of god.

I know Catholics struggle with yes or no answers, hence the reason they must turn to attacking posters instead of answering a simple question....but here it is again if you would like to try to give a coherent answer.

Can the unregenerate do the works of God? Yes or no....
                                yes, the sinner is free to continue sinning or accepts the grace of god to ask for forgiveness and change his ways.

Another answer not addressing your own words.....which Scripture refutes as I've shown over and over.
                                ephesians 2: 8-10

we believe it is the grace of god that saves and that faith is necessary for salvation and that we cannot work our way to heaven. we do not believe salvation by works and salvation by faith alone.

How free is a slave? Do you not know?
                                the sinner is always free to accept god's grace and mend his ways;

Exactly....you don't even have the abili ty to believe until and unless God FIRST changes your heart.....because you are a slave of sin until HE does.
                                so we both agree that it is the grace of god that saves, not faith, not works.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X