Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Works based salvation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

    Its funny how catholics will swear they don't believe in works based salvation. Then another comes along and says thats exactly what they believe! No wonder they are confused.
    I've noticed that too and it's a good indication they have a false gospel.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

      March 16:16.

      if you believe in the one true church and is baptized, you will be saved, it you do not believe in the one true church, you will be condemn.


      8. Also well known is the Catholic teaching that no one can be saved outside the Catholic Church. Eternal salvation cannot be obtained by those who oppose the authority and statements of the same Church and are stubbornly separated from the unity of the Church and also from the successor of Peter, the Roman Pontiff, to whom "the custody of the vineyard has been committed by the Savior."[4] The words of Christ are clear enough: "If he refuses to listen even to the Church, let him be to you a Gentile and a tax collector;"[5] "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you, rejects me, and he who rejects me, rejects him who sent me;"[6] "He who does not believe will be condemned;"[7] "He who does not believe is already condemned;"[8] "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters."[9] The Apostle Paul says that such persons are "perverted and self-condemned;"[10] the Prince of the Apostles calls them "false teachers . . . who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master. . . bringing upon themselves swift destruction."[11]...on promotion of false doctrine encyclical of pope Pius ix, 1863

      Read this very slowly .....Mark 15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

      One can be baptized and not be saved ...the saving factor is BELIEF

      Belief precedes baptism ...

      Scripture confirms scripture

      John 3:18
      Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

      Acts 16:31
      They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household."

      Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

        As has already been pointed out here before, belief and works go hand in hand.

        English Standard Version
        “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

        What works have you been assigned to do?
        Just consider that belief precedes the works.. without belief (faith) no works man does please God...

        For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.(Eph 2:10)
        Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

        Comment


        • Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
          We are saved by faith and works which is a faith AND works based salvation. No one is a Sola Works advocate around here.
          Works are not salvific. Ever.

          For by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast.

          Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,
          ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

          Comment


          • Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
            Our part in repentance. God does not repent for us.
            First, How is changing your mind a work?

            Second, you can't even do that until it granted to you.

            Third, no one can confess Christ, repent or come to Him until and unless He first changes their hearts.

            ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 4Him View Post

              First, How is changing your mind a work?

              Second, you can't even do that until it granted to you.

              Third, no one can confess Christ, repent or come to Him until and unless He first changes their hearts.
              They have to over complicate the gospel....sadly.
              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

                March 16:16.

                if you believe in the one true church and is baptized, you will be saved, it you do not believe in the one true church, you will be condemn.


                8. Also well known is the Catholic teaching that no one can be saved outside the Catholic Church. Eternal salvation cannot be obtained by those who oppose the authority and statements of the same Church and are stubbornly separated from the unity of the Church and also from the successor of Peter, the Roman Pontiff, to whom "the custody of the vineyard has been committed by the Savior."[4] The words of Christ are clear enough: "If he refuses to listen even to the Church, let him be to you a Gentile and a tax collector;"[5] "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you, rejects me, and he who rejects me, rejects him who sent me;"[6] "He who does not believe will be condemned;"[7] "He who does not believe is already condemned;"[8] "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters."[9] The Apostle Paul says that such persons are "perverted and self-condemned;"[10] the Prince of the Apostles calls them "false teachers . . . who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master. . . bringing upon themselves swift destruction."[11]...on promotion of false doctrine encyclical of pope Pius ix, 1863
                The Roman Catholic Church has usurped Jesus authority as head of the church which is spiritual but the Roman Catholic Church is carnal not spiritual and is anti-Christ and mixes the pure with the profane and the ecumenical movement is not of God but the devil!

                Mother Babylon with its harlot daughters will be judged and they will be no more!

                All who are in her whether protestants or catholics must come out of her or be Judged with her for her many sins!

                There ought to be no cults, sects, denominations or divisions in Christ church!

                God bless you,

                SeventhDay

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                  Its funny how catholics will swear they don't believe in works based salvation. Then another comes along and says thats exactly what they believe! No wonder they are confused.
                  yep, when one says they don't believe in works salvation, we don't need to wait even 24 hrs before another will post that they do.

                  "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                  The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mica View Post
                    yep, when one says they don't believe in works salvation, we don't need to wait even 24 hrs before another will post that they do.
                    Indeed! Their prayers are rituals and that is a work towards their salvation. However, saints pray because Christ has saved them and they seek to walk out of their faith in Christ to show the fruits of their salvation of Christ at work in them.

                    God bless you,

                    SeventhDay

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

                      The Roman Catholic Church has usurped Jesus authority as head of the church which is spiritual but the Roman Catholic Church is carnal not spiritual and is anti-Christ and mixes the pure with the profane and the ecumenical movement is not of God but the devil!

                      Mother Babylon with its harlot daughters will be judged and they will be no more!

                      All who are in her whether protestants or catholics must come out of her or be Judged with her for her many sins!

                      There ought to be no cults, sects, denominations or divisions in Christ church!

                      God bless you,

                      SeventhDay
                      yes, your own idea of Christ's church.

                      but, the bible says the one true church, Christ's church, has the following marks.....one, holy, catholic/universal, and apostolic.

                      can your Christ Church measure up with these marks of the one true church?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

                        yes, your own idea of Christ's church.

                        but, the bible says the one true church, Christ's church, has the following marks.....one, holy, catholic/universal, and apostolic.

                        can your Christ Church measure up with these marks of the one true church?
                        However, the Roman Catholic Church is not what you describe but is a false church and most believers in Christ know that and come out of her!

                        If there are still believers in Christ in the RCC God will call them out of her!

                        God bless you,

                        SeventhDay

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Calsgal View Post


                          Read this very slowly .....Mark 15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

                          One can be baptized and not be saved ...the saving factor is BELIEF

                          Belief precedes baptism ...

                          Scripture confirms scripture

                          John 3:18
                          Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

                          Acts 16:31
                          They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household."
                          it is by the grace of God that we are saved. . we respond to this grace through faith and the works god ordained beforehand.
                          nothing that precedes grace, whether faith or works, will save us. (eph2 8-10).

                          going back to mark 16:16... if you believe in jesus and naturally everything jesus did, you must also believe that he did established his church upon peter and baptism is the ordinary means of entry to his church. one has to be a member of this one true church to be saved. if you believe only in jesus Christ but is not a member of his church, you are damned. just like satan, he believes in jesus but it is not enough. he is still not saved.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

                            The Roman Catholic Church has usurped Jesus authority as head of the church which is spiritual but the Roman Catholic Church is carnal not spiritual and is anti-Christ and mixes the pure with the profane and the ecumenical movement is not of God but the devil!

                            Mother Babylon with its harlot daughters will be judged and they will be no more!

                            All who are in her whether protestants or catholics must come out of her or be Judged with her for her many sins!

                            There ought to be no cults, sects, denominations or divisions in Christ church!

                            God bless you,

                            SeventhDay
                            Babylon is identified as Jerusalem in Revelation (11:8) who is in bondage with her children.

                            Not the Catholic church which has been debunked by scholars for 500 years.

                            In Revelation there are two great cities with earthly Jerusalem and the heavenly Jerusalem.

                            These women are an allegory from Galatians for the old covenant and new covenant.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nola369 View Post

                              Babylon is identified as Jerusalem in Revelation (11:8) who is in bondage with her children.

                              Not the Catholic church which has been debunked by scholars for 500 years.

                              In Revelation there are two great cities with earthly Jerusalem and the heavenly Jerusalem.

                              These women are an allegory from Galatians for the old covenant and new covenant.
                              Heavenly Jerusalem are the overcomers and earthly Jerusalem are still in bondage to the World system Babylon which is the nations and all who walk in the flesh.

                              The RCC is not the only religious world anti-Christ system and the Mother of harlots which is what Israel is entrapped in from the time of Egypt or even before that.

                              The church which is mostly converted Israel do not even know their tribal roots and think they are a Gentile church.

                              There are three groups of people that God is dealing with which are the Gentiles in the Word and those called out of the world and separated from the Gentiles and those who are spiritual overcomers which has always been a small remnant. The ones who were not overcomers were in bondage to the religious systems of the Gentile world and the RCC system is one of them!


                              God bless you,

                              SeventhDay

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

                                However, the Roman Catholic Church is not what you describe but is a false church and most believers in Christ know that and come out of her!

                                If there are still believers in Christ in the RCC God will call them out of her!

                                God bless you,

                                SeventhDay
                                The early Christians use these marks to identify heretical churches. And Only the Catholic Church has these marks/attributes, the others don't because they are all man-made.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X