X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Heart
    replied
    Originally posted by mica View Post
    what is the catholic gospel? that's been posted on here before but no catholic would post what it is.

I myself have personally posted it many times. I've seen other Catholics give summaries as well. I suggest you try listening better.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    Originally posted by Open Heart View Post
    Are you saying one shouldn't be a good person? That good works are irrelevant? Are you preaching antinomialism now?

Your comment directly creates the impression that the Catholic gospel does not teach that we are saved by grace. That would be a misrepresentation.
    what is the catholic gospel? that's been posted on here before but no catholic would post what it is.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeT View Post
    "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."[ Heb 11:6; 1 Cor 9:16] [CCC 848]
    I guess Jews aren't part of 'all men' to catholics?

"Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery." Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity. [CCC 1260].
    catholics don't have to be ignorant of Him or His word. they can start reading His word on their own without the restrictions given by the RCC. the majority of catholics on here don't know the gospel.

If you'll notice any extraordinary mercy extended to those outside the Church would included, explicitly, the desire for Baptism in the Church and desire to participate in Mass. I see no such desires in this forum, only the complaints of apostates. This would shut-out those who by their own will have heard the Gospel of Christ taught by the Church and His Church, the Catholic Church and reject, or denounce the Church [Matthew 18:18].
    mercy extended by whom? and yes catholics are big complainers.

the gospel isn't taught much at all by the RCC. if it did, catholics would know what the gospel is.

Christ said, "He that despiseth you [the Catholic Church], despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me" [Luke 10:16] Hence the adage stands, extra Ecclesiam nulla salus means "outside the Church there is no salvation".
    the CC is not His church, His people, His body.

since you're talking about your church, you'll need to email your pope on that one. that isn't true according to him.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Universal works based salvation ..one of the tenets of Romanism .. be a good person..
    Are you saying one shouldn't be a good person? That good works are irrelevant? Are you preaching antinomialism now?

Your comment directly creates the impression that the Catholic gospel does not teach that we are saved by grace. That would be a misrepresentation.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Originally posted by Stepping Heavenward View Post
    Jesus came to fulfill the law that we couldn't.
    This is a sound bit that means nothing and I'm so sick of it.

Fulfilling the law simply means he kept the law. It doesn't mean he abrogated the law, or that Jews are to start eating pork forthwith and mow our lawns on the Shabbat. Indeed, Jesus specifically stated that not even a brushstroke of the Law would pass away until heaven and earth are passed away. Well, last time I looked outside, heaven and earth were still out there.

As far as KEEPING the law? Perfect observance was never the standard. Simple observance was what God required, and THAT is EASY. Notice what that God says to Israel that it is NOT hard to keep the Law:
    Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?"
    Deuteronomy 30:11-13

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."[ Heb 11:6; 1 Cor 9:16] [CCC 848]

"Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers[/COLOR], in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery." Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity. [CCC 1260].
    If you'll notice any extraordinary mercy extended to those outside the Church would included, explicitly, the desire for Baptism in the Church and desire to participate in Mass. I see no such desires in this forum, only the complaints of apostates. This would shut-out those who by their own will have heard the Gospel of Christ taught by the Church and His Church, the Catholic Church and reject, or denounce the Church [Matthew 18:18]. Christ said, "He that despiseth you [the Catholic Church], despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me" [Luke 10:16] Hence the adage stands, extra Ecclesiam nulla salus means "outside the Church there is no salvation".JoeT
    you quote words of men, not of God.

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

"Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery." Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity. [CCC 1260].
    If you'll notice any extraordinary mercy extended to those outside the Church would included, explicitly, the desire for Baptism in the Church and desire to participate in Mass. I see no such desires in this forum, only the complaints of apostates. This would shut-out those who by their own will have heard the Gospel of Christ taught by the Church and His Church, the Catholic Church and reject, or denounce the Church [Matthew 18:18]. Christ said, "He that despiseth you [the Catholic Church], despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me" [Luke 10:16] Hence the adage stands, extra Ecclesiam nulla salus means "outside the Church there is no salvation".

JoeT
    Universal works based salvation ..one of the tenets of Romanism .. be a good person..

Leave a comment:

• JoeT
    replied
    Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post
    Not even your church teaches this. CCC 1260, you can live your whole life not even knowing Jesus let alone eat him and still be saved. John 6 isn't about your wafer anyway. It has nothing to do with the Lords Table.

Now all you have to do is provide the link to anyone here on this side of the tiber that has ever said they worship the bible. Or is bearing false witness an evangelistic technique? Funny too that Augustine viewed John 6 as figurative as well. Is he saved? Hes a saint so he must be right?

On Christian Doctrine; book 3, ch 16; enjoins a crime, it is therefore a figure.

If you'll notice any extraordinary mercy extended to those outside the Church would included, explicitly, the desire for Baptism in the Church and desire to participate in Mass. I see no such desires in this forum, only the complaints of apostates. This would shut-out those who by their own will have heard the Gospel of Christ taught by the Church and His Church, the Catholic Church and reject, or denounce the Church [Matthew 18:18]. Christ said, "He that despiseth you [the Catholic Church], despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me" [Luke 10:16] Hence the adage stands, extra Ecclesiam nulla salus means "outside the Church there is no salvation".

JoeT
    Last edited by JoeT; 02-23-19, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stepping Heavenward
    replied
    Originally posted by Open Heart View Post

You miss the argument of the Catholic church just as you miss it in baptism. Jesus established NORMS. RULES. IDEALS. Expressed the way the Father wants it, expects it. It doesn't mean there won't be appropriate times for exceptions -- the exception makes the rule.
    No, He did not come to establish norms, rules and ideals. Jesus came to fulfill the law that we couldn't. Jesus came to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to Jesus. You listen to proven wicked men. You have bought into their lie that you can't listen to Jesus on your own.

You think you need another mediator between you and Jesus. You think you need priests and Mary and other saints to be able to approach the throne of God.

Human judges establish norms, rules and ideals and then bend them and interpret them on an individual basis based on circumstantial evidence and how he's feeling that day.That's why one drug dealer gets 20 years and another walks with a slap on the wrist.

Galatians 2:18 "If I rebuild what I have already torn down, I prove myself to be a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live to God."

The roman catholic church tried to rebuild what was already torn down. Oh they might be "different" laws, but they are still laws. Don't eat this. Don't marry. Come to worship on this day at this time or you are in mortal sin. Don't use birth control, even if you are a poor malnourished woman, or you are in mortal sin.

Do. Don't. Do. Don't

Just a bunch of man made rules and man made traditions that have finally proven your roman catholic clergy to the entire world to be a den of homosexual, immoral, sick, men. You live in a time where the sin has been exposed for you and all to see. You'll be of no excuse.

Wake up.

You think the Holy Spirit is guiding these wicked men into all truth while watching them sexually abuse thousands of children, adults and each other? How wicked do you have to be to think such a thing?

Paul warned you in his epistles to flee from such behavior. To have nothing to do with brothers or sisters that do such things. Why do you ignore Paul? Do you think he was lying?

You think you know better and just buy their lies and keep chomping on their transubstantiated wafers.

Wicked, wicked, wicked.

You are with no excuse for being a part of the wickedness. Your dollars, pay off their victims. Your dollars, pay these wicked men's salaries. Your church is going to be thrown into the lake of fire and unless you come out of her you will be with them.

Leave a comment:

• Stepping Heavenward
    replied
    Originally posted by Philomena View Post

Your question is like this one: How many times does somebody have to pray to have eternal life? Is once enough?

I believe the answer to be about the same as the one above.

It's not like it at all. A believer can pray at any time they choose or are led to by the Holy Spirit. They can also pray anywhere.

To have your Eucharist, one has to jump through special hoops to join your church, and then show up at a certain time and on certain days of the week. Not the same at all.

Who's correct? Christ or the mystical Body of Christ?

The Head and the Body are united and so are both correct..

Blessings
    We aren't talking about Christ and His body, we are taking about Christ and your man made church, which is not the body.

Your church contradicts Christ's teaching with their own man made teachings which is how we know they are a false church.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    Originally posted by Philomena View Post
    Your question is like this one: How many times does somebody have to pray to have eternal life? Is once enough?

The Head and the Body are united and so are both correct..Blessings
    Christ is. that's a major problem with catholicism it teaches that it is correct, not God.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    Brother, let me pull the mote out of thy eye, when thou thyself seest not the beam in thy own eye? Hypocrite, cast first the beam out of thy own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to take out the mote from thy brother's eye." [Luke 6:42]
    it says 'brother' - it is speaking of another believer.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    It is a sin knowing that the Catholic Church is explicitly founded by Christ for the salvation of men is to be rejected. Its the same as rejecting Christ Himself as the Church is the Body of Christ. Sin is a voluntary immoral act of word, thought or deed. One can not be held responsible for an act they did not know was a sin.
    it wasn't founded by Christ. He did not 'found' a false church. the RCC is not His church. Believers are His church.

no, catholics reject Him and believe and follow the RCC.

catholics should take that to heart. Following and believing in anyone but Him is the sin.

Hence, you for example, have been told that all grace comes through the Church and have rejected it. You have no excuse as you participate in this forum and have with little doubt been told and have rejected the truth.

What it means is there is no salvation outside the Church
    no, grace comes from God, not your false church of men. but your post tells us who is God to catholics. it isn't Him, but the RCC.

you should read His word - that which you reject and disrespectfully call 'the book'. that is where you will find the His truth. It is not found in the RCC or CCC.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied
    We are the church. All believers. Not your pedophile priests with their dirty filthy hands.

Christ says everybody must eat of His flesh and drink of His blood to have life in them, but the roman catholic church says that's not true. They make up their own work arounds about those who through no fault of their own don't know, because otherwise their evil lies will be exposed.

Everybodywho wants to have salvation, not just those who know about it Him, must have a participation in the body and blood of Christ.

How do we have participation in the flesh and blood of Christ? Through faith in His death, burial and resurrection. This is a gift of grace, not works, so no man can boast. Why do roman catholics boast of working for their salvation?

The roman catholic church turns the words of Christ into lies because they saw the twisting of it as an opportunity to get a foothold for world power which is of satan and in doing so they have lead many into darkness and abused thousands of others along the way.

My sheep herar my voice and follow me and they will not perish proclaimed our Savior. What a wonderful promise for all who believe it.

Who could sleep at night staying in an abomination of a church where thousands and thousands have been abused by the men of darkness?

John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

You hate the book you claim we worship, because from it we learned how to expose the darkness of your man made religion and those who follow it.

Open it, pray for guidance and soak in the spirit of truth.
    look at that verse. it doesn't mention the RCC/CC or the CCC.

Leave a comment:

• Philomena
    replied
    A Catholics very favorite scripture that they always turn to for proving that the Eucharist is His real flesh and real blood is...

John 6:"53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

So simple questions that shouldn't be very hard to answer.

How many times does somebody have to eat it to have eternal life? Is once enough?

Verse 53 clearly says that unless we eat His Flesh and Drink His blood that we have no life in us. Your church says that those who don't eat His flesh and drink His blood, do have life in them.

Who's correct? Christ or your church?

The Head and the Body are united and so are both correct..

Blessings

Leave a comment:

Working...
X