Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Modern Roman Catholicism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Depends on the church doesn't it? My church is smaller but the same people are there week in and week out. If someone didn't show up for whatever reason, there is always someone asking about them. We pray for those that didn't make it and send letters and cards for people that we have not seen in a while. Most of those in my church are eager to work for the Lord, show up to sunday school and service and weds night. Its a lot of studying and learning and serving. And although we are not big by any means, God is working.
    Would I be correct in thinking that most of the RC's who post on this board are mainly "moderate" Roman Catholics of Vatican II, which is neither entirely traditional nor entirely liberal?
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

I believe most Catholics have little or no knowledge on the doctrines of their church..when Catholic schools started to charge tuition and the cost of a RC High school became close to a college semester people turned to the public schools that are by political design leftwing and God hating .. The weekly " religious education" is a poor substitute for that nun with a ruler to keep your attention . Almost 50% of RCs do not believe in a fundamental teaching on transubstantiation and actually hold a more protestant view of communion.. they do not know the laws of the church and usually show up to get married, or buried ..in between there might be baptism and 1st communion and maybe a few Christmas masses .

Is Protestantism in better shape.. nope..

Most people attending non catholic mega churches (the term "protestant" is only rightly applied to church that came out of the reformation) usually have little clue what the church holds as doctrine.. the mega, name claim it ,or slappy happy mega churches depend on entertaining the masses of people with spot lights, rock bands and pastors that tell them how to have their best life now.

Solid Reformed churches, Baptists, and some small independent churches do a better job of teaching their doctrine through their sermons and Sunday Schools ...but I always suspect they are afraid of losing members if there knew what they really believed..

This is a sad truth ...

Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
        yep, you've managed to name 7 out of the 10s of thousands that catholics claim exist. can't do better? can you name 100 of them?

catholics made up the labels catholic and protestant, just like they made up the beliefs of their group.

the nonCs that catholics call protestants, mostly are not believers just like catholics. they just don't believe in a whole lot of the false beliefs of the catholics. not agreeing with catholics doesn't make them believers. they have their own false beliefs. many Lutherans make up their own beliefs, the UCCs, Universalists etc do also. They're unscriptural beliefs just like the RCC made up its own unscriptural beliefs.

You can call them nonbelievers if you choose. Personally it's pretty judgmental of you, but that's up to you.

That doesn't change the truth.

And yes, I could have gone to wiki and copy and pasted 100 denominations. I know the presbyterians alone have at least 5 or more. I wouldn't bother, because that is neither here nor there.

My point is that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Every single thing that Ray said about the Catholic Modern Church can be said about the Protestant and Evangelical Churches.

Don't bother with the "oh so they do it too is your answer".

No, it's just a fact and it's time to take the log out before removing the speck.
        Bring together all who wander from the feast you consecrate,
        and restore that grace we squander with divisions we create.

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Depends on the church doesn't it? My church is smaller but the same people are there week in and week out. If someone didn't show up for whatever reason, there is always someone asking about them. We pray for those that didn't make it and send letters and cards for people that we have not seen in a while. Most of those in my church are eager to work for the Lord, show up to sunday school and service and weds night. Its a lot of studying and learning and serving. And although we are not big by any means, God is working.
          Every Sunday, when we attend the regular mass we normally go to, the same people sit behind me and the same people sit in front of me. Across the way our the same neighbors as well. Occasionally we visit the later mass time and I see mostly familiar faces. If people are missing, others ask about them, and the homebound ministry can arrange visits for those who are ill or unable to attend for a time.

Every week, at the end of Mass our priest asks for visitors to stand up and he goes around and asks where they are visiting from and shakes their hand. It's usually only a handful with the rest being members of the parish who come faithfully each week. He does the same for birthdays and anniversaries as well.

I serve on the pro life ministry as well as in our center where we not only have donations of food, clothing and household needs for families both in the parish and the community, but run a medical clinic for the homeless or poor. It also has a dental clinic once a week.

Our parish has a young couples ministry, a seniors ministry and a youth group as well as a Scripture Study offered weekly. We also have a monthly family faith formation where families can come together and there's a guest speaker or activity and lunch. Of course there is also the regular formation for K through high-school. There are various cultural group, dinners and dances that all are invited to and groups like the Knights of Columbus.

It's a lot of worship, community, learning and serving.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat4life View Post

You can call them nonbelievers if you choose. Personally it's pretty judgmental of you, but that's up to you.

And yes, I could have gone to wiki and copy and pasted 100 denominations. I know the presbyterians alone have at least 5 or more. I wouldn't bother, because that is neither here nor there.

My point is that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Every single thing that Ray said about the Catholic Modern Church can be said about the Protestant and Evangelical Churches.

No, it's just a fact and it's time to take the log out before removing the speck.
            Presbyterian is not a doctrine it is a forum of church government

Comment

And then the WCE some*how comes up with 242 Catholic denom*i*na*tions. That should be a big glar*ing red flag that it has been a bit—how shall we say?—free and loose with the word “denom*i*na*tion.”

http://m.ncregister.com/blog/scotter...s#.Vr5On8eTX6b

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

And then the WCE some*how comes up with 242 Catholic denom*i*na*tions. That should be a big glar*ing red flag that it has been a bit—how shall we say?—free and loose with the word “denom*i*na*tion.”

http://m.ncregister.com/blog/scotter...s#.Vr5On8eTX6b
                They refuse to see their double standards. We have been through this before and catholics with morals know the real truth. It's the Christian haters that use that blown up number.

Comment

Do you know of any other ethnic or culture where their religion provides a sense of belonging, as is retained by the Roman Catholic migrants to America who use their religion to provide a sense of 'belonging.' These folks feel that not to be Roman Catholic is to not 'belong' and they would lose their nationality and roots.
                  RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Originally posted by kirby View Post

I agree with you. Most Catholics are uncommitted and uneducated in their faith. I also agree with Kat. Most non-Catholics are uncommitted and uneducated in their faith.
                    Do you think that there is now a more modern, liberal type of Roman Catholic that for the most part, rejects traditional doctrine?

Comment

and I've repeatedly said on here that a large number of protestants and some that call themselves Evangelical are just as lost as catholics are. there are catholics on here who have claimed to have been Evangelical and changed to catholic. that tells just how lost they are.

catholics should do that, then they'd be able to see clearly Who it is that they should believe and follow.

Last edited by mica; 02-21-19, 05:22 AM.
                      "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                        and I'verepeatedlysaid on here that a large number of protestants and some that call themselves Evangelical are just as lost as catholics are. there are catholics on here who have claimed to have been Evangelical and changed to catholic. that tells just how lost they are.

catholics should do that, then they'd be able to see clearly Who it is that they should believe and follow.
                        Such authority some give themselves.

Comment

Such authority some give themselves.
                          Ahh yes, The belief that a simple God fearing person is incapable of understanding Gods written words and following it, without the need for it to be deciphered for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Presbyterian is not a doctrine it is a forum of church government
                            They are various denominations that hold to the Presbyterian government who have split apart from sharing a common doctrinal belief over differences they now hold. They know it, and so do you.

Comment

Originally posted by DMBD View Post

Ahh yes, The belief that a simple God fearing person is incapable of understanding Gods written words and following it, without the need for it to be deciphered for them.
                              Judging souls isn't part of that.

Comment

Judging souls isn't part of that.
                                Your right, But I never mentioned that. Your church is always judging people instead of protecting their souls. Just as your own leader whom catholics will follow to the ends of the earth, has just judged the critics of the catholic church as friends of the devil. How rich is that? Shall we just say this is typical for that double standard church?

Comment

Working...
                                X