Modern Roman Catholicism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
    Is there any Roman Catholic in this forum who would consider themselves to be a "Charismatic" Catholic, who has sought the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and speaking in tongues as well as other spiritual gifts as signs of a deeper Roman Catholic spirituality?
    First, I am a charismatic Catholic.
    2nd, we, Charismatic Catholics, don't follow Protestant ideas.
    3rd. We know that we receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit when we are baptized in the Holy Sacrament.
    4th. We seek many of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Speaking in tongues is the least of them.

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.
    Pray!

Comment

Originally posted by De Maria View Post

And yours is typical of anti-Catholics. Whenever you want to try real dialogue, I'm ready and waiting.
      You are not ready for dialog. But you are ready to defend the sins of your church, it's people, priests, and anyone who sides with you. Heck, we have even seen the devil promoted here by catholics. Then the double standards jump out in the defense of Mr. pope. Even though we clearly read where judgement is reserved for God. Yet the pope is defended here for his judgement of concerned and outraged laity by calling them "friends of the devil". It's now been demonstrated again that Catholicism and it's defenders know no boundaries when it comes to what they will do to defend their church. Heck we already know they have no qualms about aligning themselves with the devil to exact revenge on those that do not cower to Catholicism or it's many sinful and perverted priests.

Comment

The Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus Christ established. Here’s the difference between you and I.
        The Bible clearly says that the Church is infallible:
        Ephesians 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
        10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
        The church the "ἐκκλησία, ας, ἡ"

The mystical body of Christ called out of the world and into His kingdom, guided by the Holy Spirit.

Those who are part of his kingdom are given the wisdom they need.

But you follow traditions of men which are nowhere mentioned in the Bible. They came many centuries too late.
        The roman catholic church men came many centuries too late. About 4 or 5 centuries later is when they really got a foothold.

The warnings were present in first century Christianity though. Wolves were already sneaking in.

The roman catholic church rose up as the whore of Babylon just as revelations warned.

It will be destroyed and thrown into the lake of fire and all those who refuse to come out of her will perish right along with their child molesting clergy who worship the created; a piece of bread, false saints, false Mary, and adore their pedophile priests and pope instead of the creator.

The roman catholic church is having to hold a summit as I write because of the abominable sins they have committed. This isn't because they wanted to though, but because the law and world stepped in and saw them for what they are and forced their hand so they had to pretend that they care.

What does it say when it took the lost world to expose the abomination while the roman catholic magisterium and priests have covered it up and allowed repeat offenses to take places thousands of times?

How does one sleep at night defending it here and trying to lure other victims into her wickedness? One must be lost or a worker for satan to do such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
          What are some of the different categories of modern Roman Catholic people around the world? The distinctions between them are not often very clear because they can overlap or merge or blur into one another. My guess is that individual Catholics would not necessarily appreciate or agree with their labels - but those labels do at least serve as convenient definitions for discussion purposes.
          I think that the largest category of modern day Roman Catholics are the 'social' or 'nominal,' especially those living in the USA. The vast majority of then are largely uncommitted - most likely they were born or married into the Roman Catholic Church, but they have little or no knowledge of true Roman Catholic theology and who are, in practice, Catholics in name only.
          There are two divisions.

1. Catholics
          2. Non-Catholics
          "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

2nd, we, Charismatic Catholics, don't follow Protestant ideas.
            3rd. We know that we receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit when we are baptized in the Holy Sacrament.
            4th. We seek many of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Speaking in tongues is the least of them.

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.
            So then deMa, it does sounds like you are Charismatic, but not a part of Evangelical Roman Catholic-ism which would be the branch of former Roman Catholics who are truly evangelical and have rejected the unbiblical teachings of Rome, but who has decided to remain in the RCC to evangelize other Roman Catholics.
            RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Do you understand this Scripture? Speaking in tongues with interpretation is equal to the gift of prophecy. You are being taught in error by the RCC.

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

The Scriptures support all Catholic Teaching.
                I can't wait to see the scripture support you're going to provide for Mary's immaculate conception, perpetual virginity, being co-mediatrix, assumption, etc., etc., etc.

For starters.

2 Corinthians 5:7 ~ for we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 10:9 ~ that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post
                  There are two divisions.

1. Catholics
                  2. Non-Catholics
                  no, there are unbelievers and believers

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

The Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus Christ established.
                    Jesus did not establish a false teaching, man made religion.

Here’s the difference between you and I.
                    Ephesians 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
                    10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

But you follow traditions of men which are nowhere mentioned in the Bible. They came many centuries too late.
                    you can't even explain what that verse is saying. I've asked you numerous times - only silence from you.

catholics do that. catholics can't give verses that support their false beliefs, not about Mary, the RCC, their 'pope' person etc.

Comment

Then you should leave your sect and come to the Catholic Church:
                      stop being a believer to be an unbeliever? I was a catholic, grew up catholic etc. the best day of my life was when I became a believer - that was several yrs after I left the RCC. you might as well ask me if I want to jump into a fire.

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
                      no it does not. nor can you post a verse that says it is...

you still can't tell us what that verse means.

But you follow the errors of men which are nowhere mentioned in the Bible.
                      no I don't. I'm not catholic anymore. do you have me confused with another poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post
                        I believe most Catholics have little or no knowledge on the doctrines of their church..
                        This is a sad truth ...
                        Sad? Because Jesus said "If you knew you were blind, your sin would not be held against you ? "

So Yahweh's judgment will be less severe for all those ("most") Catholics who do not know the abomination (described by yourself below) they are part of ?

Originally posted by Kat4life View Post

Every Sunday, when we attend the regular mass we normally go to, the same people sit behind me and the same people sit in front of me. Across the way our the same neighbors as well. Occasionally we visit the later mass time and I see mostly familiar faces. If people are missing, others ask about them, and the homebound ministry can arrange visits for those who are ill or unable to attend for a time.

Every week, at the end of Mass our priest asks for visitors to stand up and he goes around and asks where they are visiting from and shakes their hand. It's usually only a handful with the rest being members of the parish who come faithfully each week. He does the same for birthdays and anniversaries as well.

I serve on the pro life ministry as well as in our center where we not only have donations of food, clothing and household needs for families both in the parish and the community, but run a medical clinic for the homeless or poor. It also has a dental clinic once a week.

Our parish has a young couples ministry, a seniors ministry and a youth group as well as a Scripture Study offered weekly. We also have a monthly family faith formation where families can come together and there's a guest speaker or activity and lunch. Of course there is also the regular formation for K through high-school. There are various cultural group, dinners and dances that all are invited to and groups like the Knights of Columbus.

It's a lot of worship, community, learning and serving.

Comment

Originally posted by DMBD View Post

You are not ready for dialog. But you are ready to defend the sins of your church, it's people, priests, and anyone who sides with you. Heck, we have even seen the devil promoted here by catholics. Then the double standards jump out in the defense of Mr. pope. Even though we clearly read where judgement is reserved for God. Yet the pope is defended here for his judgement of concerned and outraged laity by calling them "friends of the devil". It's now been demonstrated again that Catholicism and it's defenders know no boundaries when it comes to what they will do to defend their church. Heck we already know they have no qualms about aligning themselves with the devil to exact revenge on those that do not cower to Catholicism or it's many sinful and perverted priests.
                          This is truth
                          Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

There are two divisions.

1. Catholics
                            2. Non-Catholics
                            There indeed are

1)the saved
                            2) the unsaved

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post

Sad? Because Jesus said "If you knew you were blind, your sin would not be held against you ? "

So Yahweh's judgment will be less severe for all those ("most") Catholics who do not know the abomination (described by yourself below) they are part of ?

If many actually knew what Rome taught they would leave

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

If many actually knew what Rome taught they would leave
                                If Yahweh granted them (which he does for few, not many) revelation (revealed salvation to them), perhaps they would leave REJOICING DANCING LEAPING FOR JOY when excommunicated !! (like Luther reportedly did - LEPT FOR JOY when he got news of his excommunication from the devil's service) .

Many claim to know and to accept what rome teaches, yet they remain lost sons of disobedience along with rome.

Comment

Working...
                                X