Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Modern Roman Catholicism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raynebeau
    started a topic Modern Roman Catholicism

Modern Roman Catholicism

What are some of the different categories of modern Roman Catholic people around the world? The distinctions between them are not often very clear because they can overlap or merge or blur into one another. My guess is that individual Catholics would not necessarily appreciate or agree with their labels - but those labels do at least serve as convenient definitions for discussion purposes.
    I think that the largest category of modern day Roman Catholics are the 'social' or 'nominal,' especially those living in the USA. The vast majority of then are largely uncommitted - most likely they were born or married into the Roman Catholic Church, but they have little or no knowledge of true Roman Catholic theology and who are, in practice, Catholics in name only.

• De Maria
    replied
    Originally posted by mica View Post

so far you can't even answer the question already asked.

I've answered the question several times. She has not. But, maybe, you can do so for her.

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied
    Originally posted by De Maria View Post

I have presented plenty of proof. You just don't like it.

I've provided my explanation. You have made it perfectly clear that you disagree, but you have not provided
    your explanation. The only conclusion I can arrive at, is that you don't know the Good News.
    You have presented no proof...only your beliefs...

Catholics still live under the old Bad News... that iscwhy you can not define it

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Do you even know what the "Old News" was and how it differs from the "Good News'?

Whenever you're ready to begin to explain your position, I'm ready to pick apart all your errors.
    so far you can't even answer the question already asked.

Leave a comment:

• De Maria
    replied
    Originally posted by mica View Post
    you've provided no proof, just false teachings of the RCC.
    Anyone can compare what I've provided to anything that you have provided. All they have to do is read the
    exchanges.

Leave a comment:

• mica
    replied

I've provided my explanation. You have made it perfectly clear that you disagree, but you have not provided
    your explanation. The only conclusion I can arrive at, is that you don't know the Good News.
    you've provided no proof, just false teachings of the RCC.

Leave a comment:

• De Maria
    replied

You have zero proof that the NT church taught or believed corrupt RC doctrine..

It is obvious you do not know the Bad News so you can not understand the GOOD NEWS

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

You may not like the Teachings of the Catholic Church, but that doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ
    establioshed the Catholic Church and that the Catholic Church Teaches all that Christ commanded.

If you consider that bad news, that is your problem. Not ours.
    You have zero proof that the NT church taught or believed corrupt RC doctrine..Jesus founded and is the head of His church

There is no priesthood, no "man", no 7 sacraments, no immaculate conception, no assumption, no prayers to the dead , no purgatory ... all the lie of Satan

It is obvious you do not know the Bad News so you can not understand the GOOD NEWS

Leave a comment:

• De Maria
    replied

LOL!!!! I am waiting for you to realize Rome still teaches the "Bad News" and has never taught or understood the really Good news
    You may not like the Teachings of the Catholic Church, but that doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ
    establioshed the Catholic Church and that the Catholic Church Teaches all that Christ commanded.

If you consider that bad news, that is your problem. Not ours.

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

Whenever you're ready to begin to explain your position, I'm ready to pick apart all your errors.

LOL!!!! I am waiting for you to realize Rome still teaches the "Bad News" and has never taught or understood the really Good news

Leave a comment:

• De Maria
    replied

Do you even know what the "Old News" was and how it differs from the "Good News'?

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

You've got your answer. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Not mine.

Leave a comment:

• De Maria
    replied

Looking for an answer here...please stop dodging ...
    You've got your answer. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Not mine.

Leave a comment:

• Calsgal
    replied

As I said, the promised Messiah had now arrived and the promises were soon to be fulfilled. If you
    want a different answer, you need to provide it.
    Looking for an answer here...please stop dodging ...What promise? How was the "Good News" better than the old news?

Leave a comment:

• De Maria
    replied

How was His Good News better than the Old News?
    As I said, the promised Messiah had now arrived and the promises were soon to be fulfilled. If you
    want a different answer, you need to provide it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X