Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why didn't Jesus write any Scripture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kat4life View Post

De Maria asks a good question. Jesus didn't spend three years with a scribe by His side recording all He said. Instead He built a church, made up of believers(followers), each member with its own role.

The church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Yes, some of those men's roles included writing letters to other congregations with instructions, encouragement and correction, and writing down their accounts of what happened during Jesus life', and it was ordinary men that through the guidance of the Holy Spirit decided which ones were actually real and which ones weren't.
    you have read the Gospels:
    At what point in His 3 year ministry did Jesus want people do know who He really was?
    He often told them not to tell anyone what He had done.

Jesus had three trips to Galilee
    1st by Himself
    2nd with the Twelve
    3rd He sent the Twelve and other out in pairs before Him

I know you want to think Jesus was always surrounded by the same people: but that was not the case.
    Scripture is filled with examples of Jesus off by Himself "The disciples returned and found Jesus had...."
    Or "Jesus came to the disciples from...."

Should the Scribe had gone onto the boat without Jesus or walked with Jesus on the water to the boat?

Should Jesus have keep the press corp on standby for breaking news?
    Last edited by tester; 04-15-19, 05:50 AM.
    One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Originally posted by tester View Post

you have read the Gospels:
      At what point in His 3 year ministry did Jesus want people do know who He really was?
      He often told them not to tell anyone what He had done.

Jesus had three trips to Galilee
      1st by Himself
      2nd with the Twelve
      3rd He sent the Twelve and other out in pairs before Him

I know you want to think Jesus was always surrounded by the same people: but that was not the case.
      Scripture is filled with examples of Jesus off by Himself "The disciples returned and found Jesus had...."
      Or "Jesus came to the disciples from...."

Should the Scribe had gone onto the boat without Jesus or walked with Jesus on the water to the boat?

Should Jesus have keep the press corp on standby for breaking news?
      You don't know what I want to think, but you sure make assumptions. I could answer all your questions, but you seem to fail to miss the obviousness of the original question here so why bother. It's like the disciples who miss the analogies and parables.

God is Almighty and All Powerful and He could have chosen to do things any way He wanted and He could have made a way for that to happen. He could make a way, where you can't see how.

Instead He chose His way. Jesus didn't write everything down because that wasn't the plan, He gave us a church as the pillar and foundation, of which He is the chief cornerstone.

That's His way and His way is perfect.
      Bring together all who wander from the feast you consecrate,
      and restore that grace we squander with divisions we create.

Comment

You don't know what I want to think, but you sure make assumptions. I could answer all your questions, but you seem to fail to miss the obviousness of the original question here so why bother. It's like the disciples who miss the analogies and parables.

God is Almighty and All Powerful and He could have chosen to do things any way He wanted and He could have made a way for that to happen. He could make a way, where you can't see how.

Instead He chose His way. Jesus didn't write everything down because that wasn't the plan, He gave us a church as the pillar and foundation, of which He is the chief cornerstone.

"but you seem to fail to miss the obviousness of the original question here so why bother."
        what you call obvious ; is actually called a non -sequitur

IOW This is the logic of the OP
        because Jesus did not write any Scripture , Sola Scripture must be false.

I reject that conclusion

One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Originally posted by noemail001 View Post

n>1) I will focus on the RCC killing of Jesus every Mass.....
          You say this because you don't know Scripture nor the Word of God.

The Mass is the Christian Passover. If you've knew anything about the Passover,
          you would know that a lamb was slaughtered and then the families would partake
          of the sacrifice by consuming the lamb.

Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was sacrificed for us on Calvary. He left for us the
          bread which is His Flesh in order that we would participate in His sacrifice by
          consuming the Lamb of God.

1 Corinthians 5:7 .... For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
          8 Therefore let us keep the feast, ....
          Pray!

Comment

"but you seem to fail to miss the obviousness of the original question here so why bother."
            what you call obvious ; is actually called a non -sequitur

IOW This is the logic of the OP
            because Jesus did not write any Scripture , Sola Scripture must be false.

I reject that conclusion
            Noted. But your opinion is based upon nothing but your
            personal preference in the face of the mounds of evidence
            showing that Sola Scriptura contadicts the Teaching of Scripture.
            Pray!

Comment

I did not admitted that Sola Scriptura is a man made
              (what's the word we use for blatant , deliberate, misrepresentations?
              twice in a row you have misrepresented what I said:
              Is that your best tactic?
              You're lying. Here's the quote:

Because God the Father did not want it to happen
              Because God the Spirit did not want it to happen
              Because God the Son did not want it to happen.
              You seemed pretty convinced then. What changed?

Pray!

Comment

according to the teachings of the RCC, not those of God.

He did just that, but it isn't what the RCC agrees with or teaches.

He did that too, but the RCC and its followers are blind to it.

He did, but it is not the RCC which is never mentioned in scripture. the RCC is contrary to His word, but His church is not contrary to His word.

Yes, His way is perfect, but the RCC perverts it and catholics follow those perversions, instead of His perfect way.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                  according to the teachings of the RCC, not those of God.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

He did just that, but it isn't what the RCC agrees with or teaches.

He did that too, but the RCC and its followers are blind to it.

He did, but it is not the RCC which is never mentioned in scripture. the RCC is contrary to His word, but His church is not contrary to His word.

Yes, His way is perfect, but the RCC perverts it and catholics follow those perversions, instead of His perfect way.
                  Well, Scripture explicitly says that we are to take people to the Church, that the Church is the pillar of truth,
                  that the Church Teaches the Wisdom of God, that the Church has the authority to excommunicate, that
                  Holy men Teach us the Word of God, that we are supposed to submit to our rulers in the Church.

Where does Scripture say we are to hold to Scripture alone?
                  Where does Scripture say that Scripture alone is the source of doctrine?
                  Where does Scripture say that Scripture alone is God breathed?
                  Where does Scripture say that Scripture is the sole rule of faith?

Please provide chapter and verse.
                  Pray!

Comment

Originally posted by De Maria View Post
                    that would be catholics, who think they resacrifice Him at every mass. He never said to do that. He said it was a remembrance.

The Mass is the Christian Passover. If you've knew anything about the Passover,
                    you would know that a lamb was slaughtered and then the families would partake
                    of the sacrifice by consuming the lamb.

Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was sacrificed for us on Calvary. He left for us the
                    bread which is His Flesh
                    in order that we would participate in His sacrifice by
                    consuming the Lamb of God.
                    He was not made of what we call bread. Flesh is not bread. catholics pretend He is the dough boy.

1 Corinthians 5:7 .... For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
                    8 Therefore let us keep the feast, ....
                    yes, and every year since I gave birth to my children, it is celebrated - yrs ago with a cake and presents, but I did not give birth to them again each and every year.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by De Maria View Post

Judge much?

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post
                        [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]that would be catholics, who think they resacrifice Him at every mass. He never said to do that. He said it was a remembrance.

He was not made of what we call bread. Flesh is not bread. catholics pretend He is the dough boy.

yes, and every year since I gave birth to my children, it is celebrated - yrs ago with a cake and presents, but I did not give birth to them again each and every year.
                        The Catholic jesus is perpetually in a long dragged out sacrifice somewhere in eternity.

Comment

If Jesus wanted us to hold to Scripture alone, why didn't He write any?

After all, Jesus is God. He could have produced a Bible for everyone on earth
                          in every language, with a snap of His fingers. But He didn't.
                          lol

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat4life View Post
                            Jesus didn't write everything down because that wasn't the plan
                            Yet it was His plan from ages past to record it all.

You are just mad the Author has people working for Him.

LOL.

He gave us a church as the pillar and foundation, of which He is the chief cornerstone.
                            He did not give His church to His church. Nonsense....unless YOU are not part of that church. In that case you are right. He gave you the church...but you still refuse to listen to His church.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• It's happened again. Protestants don't want to answer a simple question. Well, only
                              tester had the guts to say that he denies that God is greater than the Scriptures.

But no one else wants to man up and admit their idolatry.
                              Pray!

Comment

If Jesus wanted us to hold to Scripture alone, why didn't He write any?

After all, Jesus is God. He could have produced a Bible for everyone on earth
                                in every language, with a snap of His fingers. But He didn't.
                                Pro 19:21 There are manydevices in a man's heart;

nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

devices
                                ~ H4284 - מַחֲשָׁבָה - machashabah - Inventions, imaginations, that which any one meditates, purposes or plots, i.e., a counsel or project, often specially of evil schemes of a wicked heart.

counsel ~ H6098 - עֵצָה - etsah - This term is used quite often as a possession of God and the promised Messiah (Pro 19:21; Isa 5:19; 11:2; Jer 32:19)

Psalm 33:11 tells us that the counsel of the Lord Jesus stands forever and where do we find that counsel? See Psalm 119!
                                Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. (Ps. 119:41-42)

Comment

Working...
                                X