Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Literally, RCC border between heaven and hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literally, RCC border between heaven and hell

Yesterday was the Ascension Holy Day of Obligation in the RCC. Roman Catholics were required to attend a special mass, if they failed to do so it was a Mortal Sin which would mean they would be condemned to hell, no questions asked. But only if they are on the left side of the road here-in Pennsylvania. On the right side RC's wouldn't have to do anything because they are in Ohio.

This is the kind of thing that makes me think that the Magisterium is just jerking around the Roman Catholic Rank and File.

There is nothing in scripture, certainly nothing in the Acts 1 narrative of Jesus' ascension, that would clue people in on the idea of mandatory- attend or else- ceremonies, or borderlines of compliance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2320...7i13312!8i6656

Originally posted by Southsider View Post
    This is the kind of thing that makes me think that the Magisterium is just jerking around the Roman Catholic Rank and File.
    We used to have a Priest at St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Holbrook MA, who wore a robe and a cowl, which made him look like a vampire. Somehow I felt that it was appropriate -

Comment

Yesterday was the Ascension Holy Day of Obligation in the RCC. Roman Catholics were required to attend a special mass, if they failed to do so it was a Mortal Sin which would mean they would be condemned to hell, no questions asked. But only if they are on the left side of the road here-in Pennsylvania. On the right side RC's wouldn't have to do anything because they are in Ohio.

There is nothing in scripture, certainly nothing in the Acts 1 narrative of Jesus' ascension, that would clue people in on the idea of mandatory- attend or else- ceremonies, or borderlines of compliance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2320...7i13312!8i6656
      I'll never understand how so many people can believe not going to mass can send them to hell.

Well done, Satan. Well done.
      2 Corinthians 5:7 ~ for we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 10:9 ~ that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Comment

Originally posted by illini1959 View Post
        I'll never understand how so many people can believe not going to mass can send them to hell.

yes, he has them convinced they are part of Christ's church... such deception!

the RCC, the supposed apostolic church, teaches contrary to what Paul taught.
        I don't remember and haven't heard or read that the CC has assigned any sin to the new moon. Maybe they're in the process of developing one for that!

Col 2.16 kjv

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
          yes, he has them convinced they are part of Christ's church... such deception!

the RCC, the supposed apostolic church, teaches contrary to what Paul taught.
          I don't remember and haven't heard or read that the CC has assigned any sin to the new moon. Maybe they're in the process of developing one for that!

Col 2.16 kjv

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

What kills me is it seems everything leads to damnation.

Not going to mass = loss of salvation. Verses they post about 'warnings' and God's discipline are almost always taken to mean one's salvation is at stake.

Every warning doesn't mean we're doomed; every disciplinary action doesn't throw people in hell.

What does throw people in hell is, sadly, lost on them.

Romans 10:9 ~ that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Comment

What's is really astounding to me is that only people on one side of the street are required to attend, but those on the other side don't.

Comment

What's is really astounding to me is that only people on one side of the street are required to attend, but those on the other side don't.
              A Catholic is bound to the disciplines laid out by the bishop of their diocese; the obligation for the Holy Day can be modified and moved to the nearest Sunday. From the Code of Canon Law:

Can. 1246 2. With the prior approval of the Apostolic See, however, the conference of bishops can suppress some of the holy days of obligation or transfer them to a Sunday

Comment

And remember the collection plate is passed on their required days ..a few more coins to clink in the collection box
                Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by smiley View Post
                  A Catholic is bound to the disciplines laid out by the bishop of their diocese; the obligation for the Holy Day can be modified and moved to the nearest Sunday. From the Code of Canon Law:
                  oh, so many little popes around the world! and they can all make up something different!

rules made up by men...

Can. 1246 2. With the prior approval of the Apostolic See, however, the conference of bishops can suppress some of the holy days of obligation or transfer them to a Sunday
                  the not apostolic see - it's the unapostolic blind leading the blind!

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

So someone's eternity is subject to the whim of a person. Over a day.

Over an issue that is not taught to condemn a person to eternal separation from God.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                      [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
                      oh, so many little popes around the world! and they can all make up something different!
                      Not "little popes"; bishops who are each in charge of their own dioceses

rules made up by men...
                      Yes, men who were given authority through Apostolic Succession, which was set up by Christ. And yes, I know you don't believe in Apostolic Succession.

the not apostolic see - it's the unapostolic blind leading the blind!
                      Whatever you say.

Comment

Over an issue that is not taught to condemn a person to eternal separation from God.

No, you're not understanding this correctly. The decision to suspend the Holy Day obligation (or move it to Sunday) was almost certainly not done on a whim.

Comment

Originally posted by smiley View Post

No, you're not understanding this correctly. The decision to suspend the Holy Day obligation (or move it to Sunday) was almost certainly not done on a whim.

It appears I'm understanding correctly, though, that this is an issue that has (supposed) eternal consequences and is nowhere based on scripture.

It's telling that the only objection you made was to my use of the word 'whim'.

Comment

It appears I'm understanding correctly, though, that this is an issue that has (supposed) eternal consequences and is nowhere based on scripture.

It's telling that the only objection you made was to my use of the word 'whim'.
                            That was only one objection. Of course I object to your assertion that it is nowhere based on scripture.

Comment

You are understanding it the way I am understanding it.

And this is one of the reason, IMHO, why the RCC has such a problem with the Sex Scandals.

If a clergy member has the power and authority to draw a line on a map, that would condemn you to hell for not attending a ceremony, its got to be tough to snitch on him to the civil authorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X