Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Historical/Apostolic Christianity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical/Apostolic Christianity

My wife and I recently made a Holy pilgrimage to Middle east where Christianity started. Most of these sacred and holy sites were either Jewish, Muslim, or Christian areas. In those areas that are under Christianity, it was either Eastern Orthodox or Catholic (mostly franciscans). I am just wondering where the Non-Catholic christians will fit if they make a claim of historic/apostolic christianity?

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post
    My wife and I recently made a Holy pilgrimage to Middle east where Christianity started. Most of these sacred and holy sites were either Jewish, Muslim, or Christian areas. In those areas that are under Christianity, it was either Eastern Orthodox or Catholic (mostly franciscans). I am just wondering where the Non-Catholic christians will fit if they make a claim of historic/apostolic christianity?
    Why when Christians are looking forward to the New Jerusalem?

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

Why when Christians are looking forward to the New Jerusalem?
      The “new Jerusalem” is a symbol of the Church, the bride of Christ. As such it exists both in heaven and on Earth through the communion of saints. At the Last Judgment, it will exist in the transformed world through the resurrection.

(Rev. 19:7; Rev. 21:2; Rev. 21:10; Gal. 4:26)

Comment

Ours is the full Apostolic Faith that believes in both Christ and His Body (the Church) and not in a disembodied Christ.

Comment

Christians are Christians. We are the body. Our citizenship is in heaven; Phil 3::20. Thats where we fit in.
          Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
            Ours is the full Apostolic Faith that believes in both Christ and His Body (the Church) and not in a disembodied Christ.
            The full apostolic faith? Why isn't any of it in the bible? Why can't catholics show us all their sacred tradition? Why doesn't any catholic know how many verses its 'infallible' leadership has defined in 2000 years (allegedly). Where is the definitive list of all dogmas? Full apostolic faith? Not by a long shot.
            Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Show me one place where evangelicals teach that Christ is disembodied. We believe that he ascended bodily into heaven and will return the same way. We just refuse to believe that we are to literally eat Him piece by piece every single day.
              The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.Psalms 12:6

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post
                christians are Christians. We are the body. Our citizenship is in heaven; Phil 3::20. Thats where we fit in.
                jesus has only one body not many bodies of christians of different denominations.

the groom/jesus is married only to one bride/church. it is not a polygamous relationship of many brides/ churches.

if you go to v. 16 Meanwhile, let us all be of the same mind, all follow the same rule, according to the progress we have made... ask yourself if all protestants have the same mind and the same rule. what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

The full apostolic faith? Why isn't any of it in the bible? Why can't catholics show us all their sacred tradition? Why doesn't any catholic know how many verses its 'infallible' leadership has defined in 2000 years (allegedly). Where is the definitive list of all dogmas? Full apostolic faith? Not by a long shot.
                  it is very easy to ask questions but very difficult to give answers you will agree on. i can give you answers but you should also give me your answer to those same questions. let us take the definitive list of all dogmas. we have the catechism, how about your? i can give you some verses that my church infallibly defined, but can you give me the list your church (name of your church) infallibly defined? apostolic faith...yes we can trace our lineage all the way to an apostle. can you show us your lineage going all the way to an apostle?

Comment

whatever that means...

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

jesus has only one body not many bodies of christians of different denominations.

the groom/jesus is married only to one bride/church. it is not a polygamous relationship of many brides/ churches.
                      Those are very protestant positions, ramcam2.

Originally posted by ramcam2
                      if you go to v. 16 Meanwhile, let us all be of the same mind, all follow the same rule, according to the progress we have made... ask yourself if all protestants have the same mind and the same rule. what do you think?
                      ramcam2, FYI, not all Catholics have the same mind and the Catholic Church allows for that by giving leeway in certain beliefs, for instance, beliefs concerning creation and evolution. Catholicism also has the divisions of trads and neo-Caths, those who love present communist/social justice pope, and those who hate him.

But hey, thanks for the question...
                      If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

what makes you think all protestants are believers? that's been answered on here over and over. just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean it isn't the truth.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

it is very easy to ask questions but very difficult to give answers you will agree on. i can give you answers but you should also give me your answer to those same questions.
                          yes, and you ask a lot of them, but don't answer that many... there's a lot of detouring, asking another question instead of answering the one posted to you, in the attempt to divert from it.

let us take the definitive list of all dogmas. we have the catechism, how about your?
                          go ahead and post them here for us.

i can give you some verses that my church infallibly defined,
                          go ahead and post what you claim they are... but your church can infallibly define nothing.

but can you give me the list your church (name of your church) infallibly defined?
                          why do you keep asking that? do you post your home address or phone # online? the name of someone's specific church means nothing to others anyway.

apostolic faith...yes we can trace our lineage all the way to an apostle. can you show us your lineage going all the way to an apostle?
                          catholics don't have an apostolic faith. the rcc doesn't teach what the apostles taught and catholics believe what the rcc teaches, not what the apostles taught. catholics have a rcc faith. it is their leader, their god.

no you can't. any info saying it can is made up by the men of the rcc. that you all claim Peter was a pope is nothing but another false teaching of the RCC. He was not the head of all Christians in the NT time. nor did the others consider him to be the leader of all. Scripture says no one of them was over another.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                            Those are very protestant positions, ramcam2.

ramcam2, FYI, not all Catholics have the same mind and the Catholic Church allows for that by giving leeway in certain beliefs, for instance, beliefs concerning creation and evolution. Catholicism also has the divisions of trads and neo-Caths, those who love present communist/social justice pope, and those who hate him.

But hey, thanks for the stupid question...
                            You are wrong. It is just one official catholic teaching and belief. You can find it in the catechism. Individual Catholics may have their own individual opinions but it does not mean this is official catholic teaching. Unlike in Protestantism, there is no official Protestant teaching. Even in the definition of sola scriptura, they cannot agree on what is official. Unlike in Catholicism, there is no single confession of faith in Protestantism. The Bible is interpreted in accordance with the formula devised by men. The Anglican have the Thirty-Nine Articles, the Lutheran the Augsburg Confession, the “Reformed Churches” the Heidelberg Catechism. Each new sect being obliged to prove its raison d’ètre by showing just how far it differed from others, a very large number of Confessions appeared, varying in size from a few articles to long theological treatises. As a rule, the later Confessions are merely modified copies of the older ones, altered to suit local circumstances or personal views.

my question is very logical.

Comment

here:

The persecution in the book of Acts 11 spread the Gospel message through out the area and eventually into Europe.
                              Even though names did not survive through the ages of history (Roman persecution, Black Death ,Dark Ages, wars, etc); There is archeological evidence of early house churches and Christian burial sites throughout Europe

Acts 11:19 "Now those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews. 20 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21 The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord."
                              One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Working...
                              X