Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Roman Catholic Shrines and Basilicas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Catholic Shrines and Basilicas

When it comes to building Roman Catholic Shrines and Basilicas - is God impressed, or is man just impressed with himself? When Mary makes one of her vainglorious apparitions,why does she always demand that a church be built in her honor?
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

When it comes to building Roman Catholic Shrines and Basilicas - is God impressed, or is man just impressed with himself?
    Who can know the thoughts of God?

When Mary makes one of her vainglorious apparitions,why does she always demand that a church be built in her honor?
    Ultimately it is to draw attention to her Son. Remember, she leads to Him. God made the Blessed Mother who she is. It all points back to God.
    "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
      When it comes to building Roman Catholic Shrines and Basilicas - is God impressed, or is man just impressed with himself? When Mary makes one of her vainglorious apparitions,why does she always demand that a church be built in her honor?
      Or how about Protestant bibles, books of the sixty-sixers. Is God more impressed with a leather cover rather than a vinyl or cloth cover?
      31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

Or how about Protestant bibles, books of the sixty-sixers. Is God more impressed with a leather cover rather than a vinyl or cloth cover?
        Really nothing like the ornate RCC bibles are they? No such thing as leather bibles really, my Dad's RCC bible had a leather cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
          Good point, they impress men. In the past the size of the structures showed the wealth, power and influence of the institution they represented. God certainly is not impressed by structures, otherwise He might have allowed the construction of the tower of Babel and had it dedicated to Himself.

If structures were important to God, then I am sure Jesus would have had a mind blowing Temple built. Jesus does not appear and demand a church be built does He. That says it all.

Jesus was interested in people's souls, not buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by balshan View Post

Good point, they impress men. In the past the size of the structures showed the wealth, power and influence of the institution they represented. God certainly is not impressed by structures, otherwise He might have allowed the construction of the tower of Babel and had it dedicated to Himself.

If structures were important to God, then I am sure Jesus would have had a mind blowing Temple built. Jesus does not appear and demand a church be built does He. That says it all.

Jesus was interested in people's souls, not buildings.
            1. If structures are not important to God then why did He specifically give details on how the Temple was to be constructed and what was to be put into it? Or what about the ark of the Covenant? Would that not be classified as a type of structure? Noah's ark was a structure that God also commanded to be built.
            2. The Church has always taught that people's souls were more important than buildings. In fact, that is why the Church exists. It leads her sons and daughters to her Master, the Son of God, Our Lord Jesus Christ.
            "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post

Who can know the thoughts of God?

Ultimately it is to draw attention to her Son. Remember, she leads to Him. God made the Blessed Mother who she is. It all points back to God.
              Why do Catholics believe in such false teachings thinking Mary does this Mary does that?

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

Why do Catholics believe in such false teachings thinking Mary does this Mary does that?
                I can list several things but she did say, "Yes," to the will of God which inaugurated the birth of the Savior of mankind. Surely you do not believe that that is false.

Comment

1. If structures are not important to God then why did He specifically give details on how the Temple was to be constructed and what was to be put into it? Or what about the ark of the Covenant? Would that not be classified as a type of structure? Noah's ark was a structure that God also commanded to be built.
                  Interestingly, all the things you just named are o.t. types of Christ. And since God Himself said these were to be built, i have no problem with them.

Another interesting point. Way back when, i went to Haiti on a missions trip. The one catholic church in the poorest of the poorest countries had the most ornate church you can imagine. We had christian meetings in several christian churches while there. One 'church' was nothing but a concrete shell. Holes for a door, but no doors. Holes for windows but no windows. A dirt floor with a few pews. Walking in the dark, because the road was so bad you couldn't drive there we heard singing. These people glorifying God via lantern in a shell of a building. Thats worship! But i digress.

2. The Church has always taught that people's souls were more important than buildings. In fact, that is why the Church exists. It leads her sons and daughters to her Master, the Son of God, Our Lord Jesus Christ.
                  No offense but your church knows nothing about how to win souls to Jesus. Wafers can't save anyone.
                  Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

if it was concerned about the souls of people, it would teach the gospel and all of His word. It doesn't.

your church exists to support and glorify itself. it leads no one to Christ, only to itself.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Nondenom40 wrote,

Interestingly, all the things you just named are o.t. types of Christ. And since God Himself said these were to be built, i have no problem with them.
                      If God did not have a problem with all of those things, in the O.T., then why would He have a problem with structures that glorify Him now? Did God change His opinion from the Old Testament to the New Testament?

Another interesting point. Way back when, i went to Haiti on a missions trip. The one catholic church in the poorest of the poorest countries had the most ornate church you can imagine. We had christian meetings in several christian churches while there. One 'church' was nothing but a concrete shell. Holes for a door, but no doors. Holes for windows but no windows. A dirt floor with a few pews. Walking in the dark, because the road was so bad you couldn't drive there we heard singing. These people glorifying God via lantern in a shell of a building. Thats worship! But i digress.
                      1. So, in your opinion, does "true worship" happen in the type of building that one has? Mass can be said in a building or not in a building. Since we are coming up on the 4th of July, I have seen pictures where Mass was being celebrated, on the hood of a jeep, in the middle of a battlefield.
                      2. In many Catholic communities there are churches that are ornate. Why? For one it is for the glory of God. Number two, people feel that if they can make at least something nice then it should be done for the glory of God. It is also a reflection of a people's faith.

No offense but your church knows nothing about how to win souls to Jesus.
                      It's been doing so for the past 2000 years. Who do you think that it was that converted the savages of Europe to Christianity or the natives of the Americas and Africa or Asia to Christianity? Who do you think that it was that organized the Book, that you use on Sundays, even though you all threw out 7 Books from the sacred word of God? Now, how is it that the Catholic Church knows nothing about winning souls for Jesus?

Wafers can't save anyone.
                      True but Jesus, Who is substantially present under the appearance of bread and wine, can.

Comment

mica wrote,
                        if it was concerned about the souls of people, it would teach the gospel and all of His word.
                        It does. It just doesn't teach the gospel according to mica or Atemi or nondenom40, etc.
                        your church exists to support and glorify itself.
                        Then you better tell that to Our Lord Who founded her.

Comment

God only gave instructions for one building not thousands. The ark was a rescue boat and it was one not thousands. The RCC spends money on these elaborate buildings and does not worry about its parishioners just look at how quickly they have managed to hide their assets and declare that they will go bankrupt rather than pay recompense to the victims of crimes committed by their employees. This shows the RCC is more concerned with its wealth and the souls of those harmed can go where?????

The church only cares about numbers not souls. Souls are not won by forcing people into its institution.

Comment

mica wrote,

It does. It just doesn't teach the gospel according to mica or Atemi or nondenom40, etc.

Then you better tell that to Our Lord Who founded her.
                            Jesus founded the NT church , not Romanism
                            Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

The ark, the Temple in the desert, the ack were all types of Christ pointing to Him
                              Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Working...
                              X