Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

A "prayer" to Mary...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "prayer" to Mary...

I have put down on here some Marian prayers before, that I found thoroughly blasphemous, like the prayer to "Our Lady of Perpetual Hope" I think it is called.. Well, here is another one. I put it on another thread on here, but it got lost with all of the "mother of God" debate. So, I am giving it its own thread.

This prayer is also from diLiguouri's book THE GLORIES OF MARY ,section 2:

PRAYER.

I venerate, oh most pure Virgin Mary, thy most sacred heart, which was the delight and repose of God ; a heart filled with humility, purity, and divine love. I, an unhappy sinner, come to thee with a heart filled with uncleanness and wounds. Oh mother of mercy, do not on this account despise me, but let it excite thee to a greater compassion, and come to my help. Do not look for virtue or merits in me before thou grantest me thy aid ; I am lost, and only merit hell. Look at nothing, I pray thee, but the confidence I have in thee, and the desire I cherish of amending my life. Look at what Jesus has done and suffered for me, and then abandon me if thou canst. I offer to thee all the afflictions of his life, the cold that he suffered in the stable, his journey to Egypt, the blood that he shed, his poverty, toil, sweat, and sadness, the death he endured in thy presence, for love of me ; and, for the love of Jesus, promise to save me. Ah, my mother, I will not and I cannot fear that thou wilt cast me from thee, when I flee to thee and implore thy help. To fear this, would be unjust to thy mercy, which seeks the miserable to relieve them. Oh Lady, do not refuse thy compassion to him to whom Jesus has not refused his blood ; but the merits of this blood will not be applied to me, if thou dost not recommend me to God, From thee I hope salvation. I do not ask of thee riches, honors, or the other goods of earth ; I only ask of thee the grace of God, love for thy Son, the fulfilment of his will, and paradise, where I may love him eternally. Is it possible that thou wilt not hear me ? No, already thou dost hear me, as I hope ; already thou art praying for me, already thou art procuring me the favors I ask, already thou art receiving me under thy protection. My mother, do not leave me ; continue, continue to pray for me, until thou seest me safe in heaven at thy feet, to bless and thank thee through all eternity. Amen
    This whole prayer is awful, but the bolded part is the worst, in my opinion. Do Catholics really think that Christ's blood won't cover our sins UNLESS Mary recommends us to God?

And we have hope for salvation from MARY? She is our hope? What then is Jesus Christ:

https://dailyverses.net/hope

And also note the last sentence in this "prayer"....safe in heaven at MARY's feet? To thank and bless HER? Instead of safe at Jesus' feet to bless and thank HIM for all eternity?

So, how is this prayer NOT worship of Mary? I don't want any nonsense about "hyper-dulia" because nowhere in Scripture are we told to do that with mere humans, no matter how nice and noble they are and were.

To God alone in Christ Jesus our Lord be ALL the glory!
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
    I have put down on here some Marian prayers before, that I found thoroughly blasphemous, like the prayer to "Our Lady of Perpetual Hope" I think it is called.. Well, here is another one. I put it on another thread on here, but it got lost with all of the "mother of God" debate. So, I am giving it its own thread.

This whole prayer is awful, but the bolded part is the worst, in my opinion. Do Catholics really think that Christ's blood won't cover our sins UNLESS Mary recommends us to God?

And we have hope for salvation from MARY? She is our hope? What then is Jesus Christ:

And also note the last sentence in this "prayer"....safe in heaven at MARY's feet? To thank and bless HER? Instead of safe at Jesus' feet to bless and thank HIM for all eternity?

So, how is this prayer NOT worship of Mary? I don't want any nonsense about "hyper-dulia" because nowhere in Scripture are we told to do that with mere humans, no matter how nice and noble they are and were.

That is a "new" prayer to me.. . and indeed is blasphemy
    Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Wow. And they still maintain they do not worship Mary ...

I offer to thee all the afflictions of his life, the cold that he suffered in the stable, his journey to Egypt, the blood that he shed, his poverty, toil, sweat, and sadness, the death he endured in thy presence, for love of me ; and, for the love of Jesus, promise to save me.

We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth … Charles Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by nan View Post
        Wow. And they still maintain they do not worship Mary ...

I offer to thee all the afflictions of his life, the cold that he suffered in the stable, his journey to Egypt, the blood that he shed, his poverty, toil, sweat, and sadness, the death he endured in thy presence, for love of me ; and, for the love of Jesus, promise to save me.
        in those 'prayers', they tell us who their Savior is and it isn't Christ. and we know who promotes that - the RCC.
        Sadly many more people will fall for its deception, which has one source and it is not God.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Where is the "I feel sick" emoji when you need it? This is not an expression of Christianity at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post

Where is the "I feel sick" emoji when you need it? This is not an expression of Christianity at all.
            as I was opening this thread to see what you posted, that is exactly what I was thinking - 'this just makes me sick inside'. some days I just can't read what catholics post here about this stuff. It really shows where their priority is, and it isn't Christ. but then, we already know that.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

I think you are asking valid questions.

The problem is that most RCCs do not understand that Mary can not saved us or damn us. She has no power, she had no power on earth and being in heaven does not give her any powers. It is worshipping Mary, it is giving her god like attributes eg forgiveness of sins. If she saves it must mean she forgives sin. She could forgive others in her lifetime as we are all told to do but she cannot do saving forgiveness which is God's alone. 1 John 1:9 it is only Jesus who can forgive us and purify our unrighteousness.

Isaiah 1:18 she cannot take us from scarlet to snowy white. Once she is placed in this powerful position, she is given godlike status and therefore these prayers are worshipping her.

Comment

Catholics worship Mary every time they sing this song.

Hail, holy Queen enthroned above, O Maria.
                Hail, Queen of mercy and of love, O Maria.

Triumph, all ye cherubim, Sing with us, ye seraphim,
                Heaven and earth resound the hymn:
                Salve, salve, salve Regina!

Our life, our sweetness, here below, O Maria!
                Our hope in sorrow and in woe, O Maria!

To thee we cry, poor sons of Eve, O Maria!
                To thee we sigh, we mourn, we grieve, O Maria!

Turn then most gracious Advocate, O Maria!
                Toward us thine eyes compassionate, O Maria!

The cause of joy to men below, O Maria!
                The spring through which all graces flow, O Maria!

Angels, all your praises bring, Earth and heaven, with us sing,
                All creation echoing:
                The protest against Rome will not end as long as I have one breath of air in my lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by leonard03782 View Post
                  Catholics worship Mary every time they sing this song.

Hail, holy Queen enthroned above, O Maria.
                  Hail, Queen of mercy and of love, O Maria.

Our life, our sweetness, here below, O Maria!
                  Our hope in sorrow and in woe, O Maria!

To thee we cry, poor sons of Eve, O Maria!
                  To thee we sigh, we mourn, we grieve, O Maria!

Turn then most gracious Advocate, O Maria!
                  Toward us thine eyes compassionate, O Maria!

The cause of joy to men below, O Maria!
                  The spring through which all graces flow, O Maria!

Angels, all your praises bring, Earth and heaven, with us sing,
                  All creation echoing:
                  I had to google "who is Regina". Turns out the name means queen. Why was I not surprised?
                  The protest against Rome will not end as long as I have one breath of air in my lungs.

Comment

Yes, it does. And "rex" means "king."

Mary is not the queen of heaven or anything. She was a wonderful, sweet lady and the mother of our Lord in His humanity and I honor and love her as such. But beyond that, I will NOT go and give her the praise that rightfully belongs ONLY TO HER SON.
                    Last edited by Bonnie; 07-02-19, 08:08 AM.
                    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                    “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

deleted

Comment

EDITED

Who has said 'all catholics are going to hell'? Got that link for us to read? So instead of engaging in the thread you trash it. Its a valid complaint except for those that agree with Ligouri. His whole book is verbal vomit. But i've had catholics agree with what he says, even regarding her omnipotence. So MF heres your opportunity to distance yourself from Ligouri and the obvious mary worship. Do you agree with your 'saint' and 'dr' of the church or not?
                        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Hopefully Ligouri repented of this nonsense before he met his maker. If not, then i'm sure he regrets every word hes written about mary that is blasphemous to say the least. Catholics claim to love mary so much, yet their fantasies about her are shameful and steal glory from Jesus who alone is savior!
                          Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Who has said 'all catholics are going to hell'? Got that link for us to read? So instead of engaging in the thread you trash it. Its a valid complaint except for those that agree with Ligouri. His whole book is verbal vomit. But i've had catholics agree with what he says, even regarding her omnipotence. So MF heres your opportunity to distance yourself from Ligouri and the obvious mary worship. Do you agree with your 'saint' and 'dr' of the church or not?
                            I am in agreement with you. I do not recall anyone saying that all RCCs were doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by balshan View Post

I am in agreement with you. I do not recall anyone saying that all RCCs were doomed.
                              I didn't see anything like that, either. But people make idols out of whatever it is they put their faith and trust in MORE than in Jesus Christ our Lord. So I think that any Catholic who trusts Mary more than Jesus for salvation may very well be doomed. But Jesus is the ultimate judge not I.

I remember when JPII was shot...it saddens me that he cried out to Mary his "mother" instead of to Jesus Christ. His first instinct was to call upon HER for protection, instead of in Jesus Christ, the "Rock of our salvation." That to me shows who had pre-eminence in his heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X