Jesus never visited His mother after the Resurrection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus never visited His mother after the Resurrection

If Mary is as important in the gospel as Roman Catholics believe, why did Christ not appear to her, but instead to His disciples ?
    John saw Him, and Christ put Mary in his care.. yet there is no mention of Mary being visited or even a witness to the risen Christ or His ascension
    Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post
    If Mary is as important in the gospel as Roman Catholics believe, why did Christ not appear to her, but instead to His disciples ?
    John saw Him, and Christ put Mary in his care.. yet there is no mention of Mary being visited or even a witness to the risen Christ or His ascension
    Which is nothing more than an assumption on your part, based on what the Bible DOESN'T say.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Which is nothing more than an assumption on your part, based on what the Bible DOESN'T say.
      I was raised Catholic

Comment

I was raised Catholic
        My condolences. I escaped that inconvenience (although I'm on the books as a Roman Catholic, by virtue of my baptism).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
          My condolences. I escaped that inconvenience (although I'm on the books as a Roman Catholic, by virtue of my baptism).
          they never take you off of their 'books' either. we were taught 'once a catholic always a catholic'. they're wrong on that also, even if they don't reflect it in their numbers, millions have left their church / religion. I started disbelieving its teachings in jr high.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
            they never take you off of their 'books' either. we were taught 'once a catholic always a catholic'. they're wrong on that also, even if they don't reflect it in their numbers, millions have left their church / religion. I started disbelieving its teachings in jr high.

True - when they wet your heat, you're in the books forever.

Comment

Probably because her role is in heaven as the Queen.
              And the disciples role was here on earth as Priests.

Comment

Originally posted by poster2262 View Post

the reasonings that catholics base their beliefs on... plus assume, might be, could be, it seems to me, we can conclude, possibly, the RCC teaches, etc - anything except what His word actually does say.

Comment

I have asked this question of Joe T. and got no response. Now I am going to ask you--- When the Apostle John was in Heaven witnessing the events of Revelation, Why didn't he write about Mary as being enthroned beside Jesus as the "Queen of Heaven"?
                  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.Psalms 12:6

Comment

According the Eastern tradition, Mary was one of women who first saw the empty tomb of the risen Christ. The Theotokos is "Mary the mother of James" (Mark 16:1) and "the other Mary" (Matthew 28:1). Eastern tradition is that the Theotokos was the stepmother of James, who was Joseph's son by an earlier marriage.

I would also point out that Paul says that the risen Christ, "appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep" (1 Cor 15:6). The Virgin Mary may also have been among those as well.

Comment

Originally posted by leonard03782 View Post

I have asked this question of Joe T. and got no response. Now I am going to ask you--- When the Apostle John was in Heaven witnessing the events of Revelation, Why didn't he write about Mary as being enthroned beside Jesus as the "Queen of Heaven"?
                      Perhaps because she is the heavenly "ark of His covenant" and the "woman clothed with the sun" (Rev. 19:19-20:2).

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilos View Post
                        According the Eastern tradition, Mary was one of women who first saw the empty tomb of the risen Christ. The Theotokos is "Mary the mother of James" (Mark 16:1) and "the other Mary" (Matthew 28:1). Eastern tradition is that the Theotokos was the stepmother of James, who was Joseph's son by an earlier marriage.
                        thx for telling us that your ET is no more scripture (His truth) than that of the RCC and its ST.

I would also point out that Paul says that the risen Christ, "appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep" (1 Cor 15:6). The Virgin Mary may also have been among those as well.
                        too bad catholics don't read it all in context, then you'd know the truth of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilos View Post

Perhaps because she is the heavenly "ark of His covenant" and the "woman clothed with the sun" (Rev. 19:19-20:2).
                          she is neither of those - again catholics just make it up because that's what they want to believe.

Comment

Do you really believe that Jesus would be this terrible of a son? When so many of His disciples abandoned Him at the Cross?

Do you believe that He hated His mother?
                            May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on Earth, and under the Earth by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.

Comment

She was alive at the resurrection, she was not in heaven she was on the earth when He rose

Comment

Working...
                              X