• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you believe the Bible?

Is it because the Bible tells you so?
    Pray!

Originally posted by De Maria View Post
    104 In Sacred Scripture, the Church constantly finds her nourishment and her strength, for she welcomes it not as a human word, "but as what it really is, the word of God".67 "In the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven comes lovingly to meet his children, and talks with them."68

CCC

Comment

Why do you believe the Bible?

Is it because the Bible tells you so?Is it because the Bible tells you so?
      <sigh>

You guys can't help simply bringing up STRAW-MAN arguments, over and over again.
      You don't want "discussion", you simply want mockery.

Tell us... Is "mockery" a fruit of the spirit?
      Is "mockery" one of the things Jesus commanded of you?

I believe the Bible because it is the word of God.
      I believe the Bible because Jesus testified that it was the word of God.
      I believe the Bible because the Holy Spirit testified that it was the word of God.
      "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
      but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
      -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

The Bible is God's inspired (God breathed) eternal living Word of Truth to man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

104 In Sacred Scripture, the Church constantly finds her nourishment and her strength, for she welcomes it not as a human word, "but as what it really is, the word of God".67 "In the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven comes lovingly to meet his children, and talks with them."68

CCC
          Apparently, the uninspired CCC validates the inspired Bible.
          1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

If you mean "Does the internal consistency of the Bible and its manuscript evidence, archaeological evidence, prophetic evidence, and statistical evidence provide sufficient evidence for you to believe the Bible is true in its claims", then, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post

Do you the difference between "validate" and "welcome"?

Comment

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

Do you the difference between "validate" and "welcome"?
                You mean CCC welcomes invalidated Bible?
                1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

I believe the bible because I know it is the truth of GOD. The same cannot be said of the words of men.
                  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.Psalms 12:6

Comment

I believe the Bible because the Tomb is empty.
                    if Christ had not been raised from the dead then I would NOT believe the Bible
                    One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

<sigh>

You guys can't help simply bringing up STRAW-MAN arguments, over and over again.
                      You don't want "discussion", you simply want mockery.

Tell us... Is "mockery" a fruit of the spirit?
                      Is "mockery" one of the things Jesus commanded of you?

I believe the Bible because it is the word of God.
                      Who told you this? The Bible or someone else?

I believe the Bible because Jesus testified that it was the word of God.
                      Did you read this testimony in the Bible or did someone tell you about Jesus' testimony?

I believe the Bible because the Holy Spirit testified that it was the word of God.
                      Did you read this testimony in the Bible or did the Holy Spirit inspire you directly?

Pray!

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                        The Bible is God's inspired (God breathed) eternal living Word of Truth to man!!
                        Where did you learn this? In the Bible? Or did someone tell you?
                        Pray!

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
                          The infallible Catholic Church validates the inspiration of the Bible, yes.

Pray!

Comment

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Originally posted by Florida Angler View Post

If you mean "Does the internal consistency of the Bible and its manuscript evidence, archaeological evidence, prophetic evidence, and statistical evidence provide sufficient evidence for you to believe the Bible is true in its claims", then, yes.
                              How can that be?
                              There is no comparison of manuscripts in the Bible, Itself. Bible experts have to do that by comparing one manuscript to another..
                              Archaelogists search for evidence in ancient artifacts to prove the validity of the Bible.
                              Biblical prophecies are proven when they occur outside the Bible and are recorded in history.
                              Statistical evidence is gathered by statisticians who exist outside the Bible.

This sort of evidence is not from the Bible alone.
                              Pray!

Comment

Working...
                              X