Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

only declared 7 things infallibly ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only declared 7 things infallibly ???

Originally posted by utilyan View Post
    I'm sure the CHURCH taught world was flat too. The concept of infallibility once again proves too complicated for our brethren.

I think the church has only declared 7 things infallible?
    A claim as been made:

What are these 7 things?
    If I give an example of a Catholic teaching or declaration: would Carm-posting Catholics be able to tell me if it was declared infallible?
    One of the ekklēsia

Originally posted by tester View Post

A claim as been made:

What are these 7 things?
    If I give an example of a Catholic teaching or declaration: would Carm-posting Catholics be able to tell me if it was declared infallible?
    Hi Tester,

I think our friend utilyan meant to say Popes have used their charism of infallibility as it was defined at Vatican II seven times.

Let us pray for one another and love one another.
    -Ray-

The Good News is that Jesus Christ died and rose for our sins so that we might be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by relling View Post

Hi Tester,

I think our friend utilyan meant to say Popes have used their charism of infallibility as it was defined at Vatican II seven times.

the question remains:
      What are these 7 things?
      One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Hi Tester,

This shows a couple of things.

1. Still, no catholic has ever produced a verse which even comes close to suggesting there is such a thing as humans being infallible
        2. "If" there was such a thing, it would be a tremendous insult to the Holy Spirit to use such a gift so infrequently, meaning almost never.

The gifts of the Spirit are for the use in the church body for its growth and edification. If i gave you some expensive, unique one of a kind gift and you never used it, would i not be offended?

The sheer lack of any infallible declarations coming from rome in 1500 years (approx) is proof it has no idea what its talking about. The few verses it does claim to have declared infallibly are wrong. So, theres that.
        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

This shows a couple of things.

1. Still, no catholic has ever produced a verse which even comes close to suggesting there is such a thing as humans being infallible
          2. "If" there was such a thing, it would be a tremendous insult to the Holy Spirit to use such a gift so infrequently, meaning almost never.

The gifts of the Spirit are for the use in the church body for its growth and edification. If i gave you some expensive, unique one of a kind gift and you never used it, would i not be offended?

The sheer lack of any infallible declarations coming from rome in 1500 years (approx) is proof it has no idea what its talking about. The few verses it does claim to have declared infallibly are wrong. So, theres that.
          Hi Nondenom,

There have been many infallible declarations by the Catholic Church in 2000 years.

-Ray-

The Good News is that Jesus Christ died and rose for our sins so that we might be saved.

Comment

Hi Nondenom,

There have been many infallible declarations by the Catholic Church in 2000 years.

One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Hi Nondenom,

List them.
              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Hi Nondenom,

is this one of them?
                "Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff."
                One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Hi Nondenom,

is this one?
                  Is Ordinatio Sacerdotalis from 1994 an infallible doctrine or not?

from EWTN
                  "In fact, it is a textbook case of infallibility in action."
                  https://www.ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/ORDIN.TXT

from US Catholic
                  Canonists and theologians the world over argued that the teaching was not infallible for a variety of reasons. -"
                  http://www.uscatholic.org/blog/2011/...ens-ordination
                  One of the ekklēsia

Comment

Originally posted by tester View Post

A claim as been made:

What are these 7 things?
                    I actually heard they had only declared 5 things infallibly ...but just like you can not get a number you can not find out the scriptures they have agreed on
                    Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Hi Nondenom,

"Furthermore, in order to restrain petulant spirits, It decrees, that no one, relying on his own skill, shall,--in matters of faith, and of morals pertaining to the edification of Christian doctrine, --wresting the sacred Scripture to his own senses, presume to interpret the said sacred Scripture contrary to that sense which holy mother Church,--whose it is to judge of the true sense and interpretation of the holy Scriptures,--hath held and doth hold;"
                      - Council of Trent

This is not about Romanist doctrine.. this is about the infallible declaration of Scripture .... RCs love to say only the church can interpret doctrine.. but the truth is in 1900 + years the Magisterium has only found agreement on a handful of scripture..
                      Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Hi Nondenom,

0 - nor has it existed 2000 yrs.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

"Furthermore, in order to restrain petulant spirits, It decrees, that no one, relying on his own skill, shall,--in matters of faith, and of morals pertaining to the edification of Christian doctrine, --wresting the sacred Scripture to his own senses, presume to interpret the said sacred Scripture contrary to that sense which holy mother Church,--whose it is to judge of the true sense and interpretation of the holy Scriptures,--hath held and doth hold;"
                          - Council of Trent

This is not about Romanist doctrine.. this is about the infallible declaration of Scripture .... RCs love to say only the church can interpret doctrine.. but the truth is in 1900 + years the Magisterium has only found agreement on a handful of scripture..
                          " ... that no one, relying on his own skill, shall,--in matters of faith, and of morals pertaining to the edification of Christian doctrine ..."

And yet, Scripture states:

2Pet 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
                          2Pet 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
                          Confirm Your Calling and Election
                          2Pet 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
                          1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

- Council of Trent

Hi Calsgal,

There are, in my view, 3 separate but connected issues that seem to be going on by different folks in this thread.

1. Doctrine infallibly defined by a pope ie. Papal Infallibility.

2. Doctrine infallibly defined by an ecumenical church council.

3. Scripture that has been so-called infallibly interpreted.

BTW - I regularly interpret Scripture.

I think what you might mean is that only the Catholic Church can authentically interpret Scripture.(para 100 in the Catechism of the Catholic Church).

-Ray-

Comment

Hi Calsgal,

There are, in my view, 3 separate but connected issues that seem to be going on by different folks in this thread.

1. Doctrine infallibly defined by a pope ie. Papal Infallibility.

2. Doctrine infallibly defined by an ecumenical church council.

3. Scripture that has been so-called infallibly interpreted.

BTW - I regularly interpret Scripture.

I think what you might mean is that only the Catholic Church can authentically interpret Scripture.(para 100 in the Catechism of the Catholic Church).

what is the RCC definition of that?

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Working...
                              X