Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do Roman Catholics Believe in Christ Jesus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Roman Catholics Believe in Christ Jesus?

I do think that ALL Roman Catholics believe in Jesus Christ - in a historical sense. But I question whether or not Roman Catholics actually trust Jesus to save them personally. I question whether or not Roman Catholics truly trust Jesus to save them.
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
    I do think that ALL Roman Catholics believe in Jesus Christ - in a historical sense. But I question whether or not Roman Catholics actually trust Jesus to save them personally. I question whether or not Roman Catholics truly trust Jesus to save them.
    Which, of course was Martin Luther's PRIMARY contribution - Salvation BY FAITH in the perfect SIN OFFERING of Jesus, that ELIMINATES SIN, and makes us PERFECT before Father in Christ.

THAT'S the "Jesus" that Roman Catholics really don't appear to know. If they DID, they wouldn't have loaded all the useless "Salvation by WORKS" baggage on the simplicity of the Gospel.

Comment

I think they know Who He is historically and why He came. They know what they've been taught over and over - in their heads, but not in their hearts. They don't believe He can and will do what He says He will if one believes from the heart. They've been taught they need to do the work because evidently He can't. He is limited to them. They need the RCC, Mary, pope etc. and none of them are mentioned in scripture as necessary. only believing in Him from the heart. Head knowledge is not heart knowledge.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

They know about Jesus, but do not know Jesus. They probably know more about their 'Mother of God', the other sinless Mediatrix and Advocate; Jesus does not get Captitalized Titles.
        1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

To believe in Jesus Christ is to believe in His Body the Church. This means, the RCC as a group is actually closer to faith in Christ Jesus than evangelicals.
          In accordance with the Apostolic faith delivered to us by tradition from the Fathers, I have delivered the tradition, without inventing anything extraneous to it. What I have learned, that I inscribed, comfortably with the Holy Scriptures

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
            I think they know Who He is historically and why He came. They know what they've been taught over and over - in their heads, but not in their hearts. They don't believe He can and will do what He says He will if one believes from the heart. They've been taught they need to do the work because evidently He can't. He is limited to them. They need the RCC, Mary, pope etc. and none of them are mentioned in scripture as necessary. only believing in Him from the heart. Head knowledge is not heart knowledge.
            Most Roman Catholics, including those in this forum, when asked about their hope of salvation will almost always respond with a confused mixture of Christ and self, faith, works grace and merit. The vast majority of them have never even cracked open the Bible, and they never seem to even want to talk about the Lord - He seems to be a taboo subject with them - but they'll yak on and on about Mary.
            RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Most Roman Catholics, including those in this forum, when asked about their hope of salvation will almost always respond with a confused mixture of Christ and self, faith, works grace and merit.

The vast majority of them have never even cracked open the Bible, and they never seem to even want to talk about the Lord -
              yes, it is. my response as a catholic would have been just as confused. catholicism is a mass of confusion.

and most don't even know what the gospel is.

He seems to be a taboo subject with them - but they'll yak on and on about Mary.
              They use Him as a hook to draw people into their deception. It is all about the RCC and Mary and their man made saints.

Comment

as a catholic, I believe that salvation comes through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit dispenses those graces won for us by Jesus through his body the church.

Luke 10:16
                [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]He who listens to you, listens to me; he who despises you, despises me; and he who despises me, despises him that sent me. [/COLOR]

Jesus commissioned his apostles to go and preach the gospel. each person must have it preached to him in order for him to accept or reject the truth. if all were based on private revelation to each person, there is no need for Christ commissioning his apostles to preach the gospel. Jesus revealed himself through his body, the church. Those who reject the truth are condemned but those who have not the truth as offered by Jesus are not condemned. the early Christian writings affirm this danger of rejecting the body of Christ. salvation is offered by god to all and like the ark during the flood, all were saved even those who had no understanding of the matter.

Comment

yes, it is. my response as a catholic would have been just as confused. catholicism is a mass of confusion.

and most don't even know what the gospel is.

They use Him as a hook to draw people into their deception. It is all about the RCC and Mary and their man made saints.

True, true, true, true, ,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

as a catholic, I believe that salvation comes through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit dispenses those graces won for us by Jesus through his body the church.

Luke 10:16
                    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]He who listens to you, listens to me; he who despises you, despises me; and he who despises me, despises him that sent me. [/COLOR]

Jesus commissioned his apostles to go and preach the gospel. each person must have it preached to him in order for him to accept or reject the truth. if all were based on private revelation to each person, there is no need for Christ commissioning his apostles to preach the gospel. Jesus revealed himself through his body, the church. Those who reject the truth are condemned but those who have not the truth as offered by Jesus are not condemned. the early Christian writings affirm this danger of rejecting the body of Christ. salvation is offered by god to all and like the ark during the flood, all were saved even those who had no understanding of the matter.
                    Getting back to the OP topic, If Roman Catholics believed in Jesus Christ then why does Roman Catholicism project the role model of how a dying Roman Catholic should face their death? They must first call for a Roman Catholic priest who will perform 3 Roman Catholic rituals: Confession, Communion, and the Anointing of the Sick and Dying - the Roman Catholic trilogy of sacraments known in Roman Catholic-ism as the 'Last Rites.' Roman Catholics do not personally know Jesus Christ, so they depend on this Roman Catholic series of rituals to prepare them for their death and eternal life - so that's what RC's require of the followers of their sect, because Rome has NOT taught them to know the Lord Jesus Christ and accept Him alone as their Savior, nor have they been taught by the RCC to approach God directly, but rather to go through the sacraments of their church to prepare them for their eternal destiny.

Comment

each person who is born again has the guidance of the Holy Spirit. They don't need a particular church group for that. They certainly won't get it thru a false church like the RCC. Each person who is born again is part of the body of Christ.

Luke 10:16 He who listens to you, listens to me; he who despises you, despises me; and he who despises me,[I] despises him that sent me.
                      catholics have a problem according to that. They don't listen to Him and they don't listen to the apostles and disciples who wrote His word in the NT. catholics despise His truth and that taught by the men He assigned to write it. The RCC doesn't teach it and what it does teach is contrary to His word.

Jesus commissioned his apostles to go and preach the gospel. each person must have it preached to him in order for him to accept or reject the truth. if all were based on private revelation to each person, there is no need for Christ commissioning his apostles to preach the gospel. Jesus revealed himself through his body, the church.
                      yes, to teach the gospel. What is that ramcam?
                      He reveals Himself to those who actually do believe His gospel in their hearts. if you don't know what it is, how can you believe it in your heart? if your church was really teaching it, you would know what it is.

His body is not the RCC/CC.

Those who reject the truth are condemned but those who have not the truth as offered by Jesus are not condemned. the early Christian writings affirm this danger of rejecting the body of Christ. salvation is offered by god to all and like the ark during the flood, all were saved even those who had no understanding of the matter.
                      reread those 2 and see if you can understand what you wrote.

those who are His, are the body of Christ.

Comment

They use Him as a hook to draw people into their deception. ...
                        Bait and switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Iakobos View Post

To believe in Jesus Christ is to believe in His Body the Church. ...

... through his body the church.
                          John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                          RCC 14:6 RCC saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

To believe in Jesus Christ is to believe in His Body the Church. This means, the RCC as a group is actually closer to faith in Christ Jesus than evangelicals.
                            So sad. You have this backwards.

Those who believe in Jesus Christ ARE His body, the Church.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church.....

1 Cor 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

This means the RCC as a group is wrong.
                            2 Corinthians 5:7 ~ for we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 10:9 ~ that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Comment

To believe in Jesus Christ is to believe in His Body the Church.
                              Gotta verse for this? Where is anyone told to believe in the church for salvation?

This means, the RCC as a group is actually closer to faith in Christ Jesus than evangelicals.
                              The rcc has a false Jesus, a false gospel, a false holy father, a false vicar of Christ......Explain how your institution is closer to God when it denies every major tenet of biblical christianity?
                              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Working...
                              X