Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Which Grace Dispenser Do You Use the Most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which Grace Dispenser Do You Use the Most?

    According to the Roman Catholic Church, the sacraments dispense 2 kinds of grace: 'Sanctifying' grace and 'Actual' grace. 'Sanctifying' grace gives a person a participation in the divine life of God. Initially poured into a person's soul through the sacrament of baptism, sanctifying grace makes an individual holy and acceptable to God, pleasing in His sight. It remains with the person as long as the individual does not commit a mortal sin.

    Now, on the other hand the RCC has 'Actual' grace available as sort of a 'helping hand' from God to do good and avoid evil. It helps a person to perform a specific good deed or act. Because this grace passes with it's using, the RC Church teaches that Roman Catholics must continually obtain additional 'Actual' grace by regularly receiving the sacraments.

    If you had to pick only one, which one would you choose and why - and where is it anywhere ever mentioned in God's Word? Could it be just another made-up, make-believe addition to all of the Roman Catholic Church's bags of religious tricks and props?
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
    Could it be just another made-up, make-believe addition to all of the Roman Catholic Church's bags of religious tricks and props?
    What was your first clue???

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
      ...
      If you had to pick only one, which one would you choose and why - ...
      Well of course the one dispensed by RCC's 'Mother of God'; why settle for less than the best.
      1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
        Well of course the one dispensed by RCC's 'Mother of God'; why settle for less than the best.
        Well, one might think it's the grace dispensed by the Mother of God, BUT what they fail to tell the followers of Roman Catholic-ism is that in order for a sacrament to effectively dispense grace to them, the RCC priest conducting it must follow a precisely defined ceremony which the RCC calls a "rite." This "rite" of course was established by none other than the Roman Catholic Church, and each and every rite describes the words and actions of both the minister and the participants. Would Mary be considered as a participant in this "rite" I wonder?
        RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
          ... Would Mary be considered as a participant in this "rite" I wonder?
          A cult following is a "rite" by which RCC's Mary dispenses grace?
          1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
            Well, one might think it's the grace dispensed by the Mother of God, BUT what they fail to tell the followers of Roman Catholic-ism is that in order for a sacrament to effectively dispense grace to them, the RCC priest conducting it must follow a precisely defined ceremony which the RCC calls a "rite." This "rite" of course was established by none other than the Roman Catholic Church, and each and every rite describes the words and actions of both the minister and the participants. Would Mary be considered as a participant in this "rite" I wonder?
            the RCC is probably working on that as I type... to make her part of it because she dispenses grace - according to them. As with so many other catholic beliefs / teachings, that is found nowhere in scripture.


            "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

            The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mica View Post
              the RCC is probably working on that as I type... to make her part of it because she dispenses grace - according to them. As with so many other catholic beliefs / teachings, that is found nowhere in scripture.

              Well, it seems that the RCC is phasing out the Mary Dispenser of Graces fabricated story temporarily, or they have eliminated Mary as being the Dispenser of Graces totally, because lots of Roman Catholics just weren't buying into that whole vat of malarky anymore. Because now, according to RCC theology at least, the sacraments dispense grace by the ritual being conducted. What this means is that the words and the actions of the minister (RCC priest) of the sacrament do not merely symbolize or commemorate blessings that the people have already received or are about to receive from God. Rather the sacrament dispenses grace as the ritual is conducted, "by the very fact of the action's being performed."

              Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church no. 1128
              RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
                A cult following is a "rite" by which RCC's Mary dispenses grace?
                Actually, the RCC emphasizes that the supernatural (grace) effect occurs whenever the "rite" is properly executed, regardless of the spiritual condition of the Roman Catholic deacon, priest, or bishop that is conducting the ritual. So, in other words, even if the priest is far from God and even if the priest, deacon or bishop is deep in sin himself, the sacramental rite still produces it's intended effect. So, it sounds like the RCC demoted Mary and replaced her with one of their ranking RCC clergymen, including any active pedophiles, that are available to perform the "rite" to receive either sanctifying grace, or actual grace.

                RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mica View Post
                  the RCC is probably working on that as I type... to make her part of it because she dispenses grace - according to them. As with so many other catholic beliefs / teachings, that is found nowhere in scripture.

                  Check the page in scripture that instructs you to practice Sola Scriptura. Maybe it's on there.
                  Protestantism= have it your way theology

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post
                    Check the page in scripture that instructs you to practice Sola Scriptura. Maybe it's on there.
                    Just show us something other than Gods written inspired word that is equally authoritative and we'll be happy to discuss it. Got that handy?
                    Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                      Just show us something other than Gods written inspired word that is equally authoritative and we'll be happy to discuss it. Got that handy?
                      I'll show you that when you show me the inspired list or chart of books found in the New Testament. Not the publishers list, the inspired list.

                      Got that handy?
                      Protestantism= have it your way theology

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
                        According to the Roman Catholic Church, the sacraments dispense 2 kinds of grace: 'Sanctifying' grace and 'Actual' grace. 'Sanctifying' grace gives a person a participation in the divine life of God. Initially poured into a person's soul through the sacrament of baptism, sanctifying grace makes an individual holy and acceptable to God, pleasing in His sight. It remains with the person as long as the individual does not commit a mortal sin.

                        Now, on the other hand the RCC has 'Actual' grace available as sort of a 'helping hand' from God to do good and avoid evil. It helps a person to perform a specific good deed or act. Because this grace passes with it's using, the RC Church teaches that Roman Catholics must continually obtain additional 'Actual' grace by regularly receiving the sacraments.

                        If you had to pick only one, which one would you choose and why - and where is it anywhere ever mentioned in God's Word? Could it be just another made-up, make-believe addition to all of the Roman Catholic Church's bags of religious tricks and props?
                        Oh I had forgotten this. Why would I choose God gives all true believers everything they need.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post
                          Check the page in scripture that instructs you to practice Sola Scriptura. Maybe it's on there.
                          Check out the protoevangelium of James where a lot of the false PV myth comes from. It is a fraudulent document. So as you cannot answer the post we can take it you would prefer the myths rather than the truth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post

                            I'll show you that when you show me the inspired list or chart of books found in the New Testament. Not the publishers list, the inspired list.

                            Got that handy?
                            So again showing your inability to answer the question. No problems we know that RC doctrine and beliefs have huge errors in them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post
                              I'll show you that when you show me the inspired list or chart of books found in the New Testament. Not the publishers list, the inspired list.

                              Got that handy
                              show us anywhere in scripture that mentions the RCC - by name. or calls Peter a pope - or leader of all Christians.

                              got that handy?


                              "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                              The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X