Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Question for TP2 and other Roman Catholic Priests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for TP2 and other Roman Catholic Priests

TP - just out of curiosity, do you consider yourself a well-educated Roman Catholic priest, and for that reason you feel that you certainly know more about religion than any other non-Roman Catholic pastor?
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
    TP - just out of curiosity, do you consider yourself a well-educated Roman Catholic priest, and for that reason you feel that you certainly know more about religion than any other non-Roman Catholic pastor?
    I would say I am well educated. However, most of the non-Catholic Christian ministers I know also seem to be very well educated. The protestant emphasis is often scripture, so even though we have studied the entire Bible I would guess some protestant ministers would be more familiar with their scholarship. That is formal education: I have been doing self study and prayer for many years, so I don't know about anyone else who I don't really know. However, faith is not only about 'knowing more', but knowing and loving Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior. So I am more concerned with my prayer and my life serving Christ than I am about my 'formal Education'.
    Tuitio fidei et obsequium pauperum
    (Defense of the faith and assistance to the poor)

Comment

Originally posted by TP2 View Post

I would say I am well educated. However, most of the non-Catholic Christian ministers I know also seem to be very well educated. The protestant emphasis is often scripture, so even though we have studied the entire Bible I would guess some protestant ministers would be more familiar with their scholarship. That is formal education: I have been doing self study and prayer for many years, so I don't know about anyone else who I don't really know. However, faith is not only about 'knowing more', but knowing and loving Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior. So I am more concerned with my prayer and my life serving Christ than I am about my 'formal Education'.
      TP2, have you ever read Mortalium Animos by Pope Pius XI?
      "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

TP2, have you ever read Mortalium Animos by Pope Pius XI?
        Isn't that the document that condemns universalism proposed by the liberal protestants?
        Tuitio fidei et obsequium pauperum
        (Defense of the faith and assistance to the poor)

Comment

Isn't that the document that condemns universalism proposed by the liberal protestants?
          It's an encyclical that destroys the false ecumenism of the modern Novus Ordo sect. I suggest you give it read, it's very short.

https://www.papalencyclicals.net/pius11/p11morta.htm
          "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

RC priests are very educated in their church doctrine but not the scriptures..

Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Sad, but oh so true Calsgal.......
              And, like the vast majority of Roman Catholic priests they most definitely consider their "Church" to be in a class all by itself. It's the Church, the Roman Catholic Church with a capital C. When in the spotlight, they do publicly say though, that they believe that the rest of Christendom is to be respected, but remains nevertheless, one step below them. "Separated brethren, as the RCC calls them with a forked tongue, are at best different. At worst, they are considered nothing but members of breakaway churches started by heretics and rebels.
              RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Catholic guys have to spend a long time in school before they are admitted to the RC priesthood. At least 6 or 8 years. One of my bosses back in the 1990's quit to become a low level RC deacon, and I think he had to go to classes for 3 or 4 years for an unpaid job.

With that kind of investment in time and money, I can understand why the Magisterium is tempted to let priests slide on a lot of things, once they get in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Southsider View Post
                  Catholic guys have to spend a long time in school before they are admitted to the RC priesthood. At least 6 or 8 years. One of my bosses back in the 1990's quit to become a low level RC deacon, and I think he had to go to classes for 3 or 4 years for an unpaid job.

With that kind of investment in time and money, I can understand why the Magisterium is tempted to let priests slide on a lot of things, once they get in there.
                  Yep, all a Protestant has to do is pick up their Bible and decide for themselves what it means.

Comment

TP2, do you pray often to "Saint" Paul VI? Do you have a strong devotion to this great saint of Modernism that probably bears more responsibility than any other human being for the destruction of the Catholic Church and the Catholic Faith in the souls of millions?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

Yep, all a Protestant has to do is pick up their Bible and decide for themselves what it means.
                      That's not true at all.

The Bible says what it says and means what it means. And pastors are mostly all educated men with sheepskins from bible colleges.

The difference is that the RCC demands as much education from its prospective priests than Johns Hopkins demands from it's neurosurgeons. That's an incredible investment, and IMHO, a bit of a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

What is the reason why most Roman Catholic families response is so strongly negative and combative when one of their family member announces that he or she, because of their desire to follow Christ, has chosen another church? Yet, if that same family member announced that he or she had chosen to become an RCC priest or a nun as their lifelong committed vocation, the Roman Catholic family's response would be joyous and celebrate?

Comment

Originally posted by Southsider View Post

That's not true at all.

The Bible says what it says and means what it means. And pastors are mostly all educated men with sheepskins from bible colleges.

The difference is that the RCC demands as much education from its prospective priests than Johns Hopkins demands from it's neurosurgeons. That's an incredible investment, and IMHO, a bit of a waste.
                          If the Bible says what it says and means what it means, then no one has to go to Bible college. The Holy Spirit explains everything, right?
                          May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on Earth, and under the Earth by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Philomena View Post

If the Bible says what it says and means what it means, then no one has to go to Bible college. The Holy Spirit explains everything, right?
                            And we have a myriad of denominations to boot.
                            "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Originally posted by Philomena View Post
                              no one has to go to a bible college to study.

2 Timothy 2.15 kjv -

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Working...
                              X