Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Hope is There of Change Within the Roman Catholic Church?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by utilyan View Post

You'd have to convince me God is a Spiritual Nazi and that Love is not the highest priority.

Let me see if got your gospel right......."If God likes you, you will be saved, If God doesn't like you then you are toast." Did I get it right? Or was that the Muslims or Dormammu from Dr. Strange?

See rumor has it ...the Jehovah's Witness turned you guys down. And if those bookworms and pacifists have found that kinda nerve then of course Catholics have their reputation to consider.
    In the year 1870, there were 533 Roman Catholic bishops who proclaimed that the pope was infallible, immune to error in his teaching. This placed the words of a man on the same level as the words of God in inspired Scripture - or is that part of the Roman Catholic gospel just a rumor?

In 1854 the Vatican formally declared the doctrine of Mary's immaculate conception and in 1950 her assumption into heaven. Do you believe that to be a part of the Roman Catholic gospel, or is it just another rumor also?
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

In the year 1870, there were 533 Roman Catholic bishops who proclaimed that the pope was infallible, immune to error in his teaching. This placed the words of a man on the same level as the words of God in inspired Scripture - or is that part of the Roman Catholic gospel just a rumor?

In 1854 the Vatican formally declared the doctrine of Mary's immaculate conception and in 1950 her assumption into heaven. Do you believe that to be a part of the Roman Catholic gospel, or is it just another rumor also?
      Let me get this straight. The Church you belong to is a false church with an incorrect, false interpretation.

What Christian Church out there would claim to be a false Church? Would that be the Church you belong to?

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
        [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Christ is not in the catholic wafer - nor in a box they think they contain Him in. the CC seldom teaches the gospel. It mentions it here and there. the majority of what the RCC teaches isn't truth at all and it isn't found in scripture.
        Why do you insist on limiting God's presence with your very finite, fallible understanding of him and your non-historical version of Christianity?
        Protestantism= have it your way theology

Comment

Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post

Why do you insist on limiting God's presence with your very finite, fallible understanding of him and your non-historical version of Christianity?
          Gods presence is in His people, not food. I have plenty of verses showing the Holy Spirit indwells us when we believe. Wheres the verse that says once a sacerdotal priest calls down Jesus from heaven a wafer becomes the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus? Got that one?
          Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post
            Let me get this straight. The Church you belong to is a false church with an incorrect, false interpretation.

What Christian Church out there would claim to be a false Church? Would that be the Church you belong to?
            I don't see that anywhere in Raynebeau's post. can you point it out to us? Raynebeau is not a catholic and the above post is about the RCC, as it clearly states.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Don't forget 1302 unam sanctum, submission to a pope is necessary for salvation for 'every human creature.'
              Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Christ is not in the catholic wafer - nor in a box they think they contain Him in. the CC seldom teaches the gospel. It mentions it here and there. the majority of what the RCC teaches isn't truth at all and it isn't found in scripture.

I don't limit Him, He is all knowing and all powerful and ever present. If I limited Him I wouldn't be born again. He did something within me I didn't know was possible - after all of those years of catholic false teachings and a few yrs of UCC false teachings. Neither taught the reality of Him or other truths found within scripture.

catholics have no idea what they are missing. I doubt anyone in leadership of the RCC knows it either, else they would be out of there pronto!
                compared to my finite and fallible understanding, what does that say about the understanding of scripture by catholics? They don't understand the basics - the RCC doesn't teach them. The RCC is very limited in what it does teach from scripture.

the RCC limits their version of Him into a wafer, a box and it even limits His sacrifice by teaching that man must do his/her part (works). It also limits His grace to its man made 'sacraments'.

My 'version' is the biblical Christianity - those who believe (are born again) in Him and follow Him and His word. Whatever catholics claim as their 'historical' basis is false - made up by the originators of the RCC. There is no scriptural support for the RCC or its teachings. Whatever the RCC is teaching, it is not biblical Christianity.

Comment

Some folks who were raised in the RCC, but are now born-again Christians, are driven by misguided loyalties, and so they remain in the RCC convinced that , despite its faults it can change and truly be Christ's church. They know that the RCC does not preach the gospel, that the Mass is not what the Church says it is, and that a priest cannot absolve sins. Nevertheless, they remain, thinking that Christ is there.
                  But - Christ is NOT there. He is not in the Eucharist. He is not in the tabernacle of the main altar. He is not hanging on the life-size crucifix suspended by cables over the priest's head. Christ does not dwell in buildings, but in the hearts of the redeemed. And where the gospel is not preached, the people remain dead in their sins, void of the life of God.
                  The same question might be asked of these born-again Catholics looking for the Lord Jesus in the RCC. "He is not here, but He has risen!" the angel told the women at Christ's tomb. Do you agree that these Roman Catholics need to realize that the same is true of the Church of Rome. Christ is NOT there.
                  I think the answer can be found in history you cannot change the church. It has been held to account by people within and they have failed to change it and where forced to leave eg Luther.

The Devil has control of the leadership of the church because it chooses its leaders by its man made system and not by following scripture. The apostles left clear instructions on how leadership should be chosen, Rome threw these instructions out the window. If the leadership cannot be changed then the organization cannot be changed. Bottom up change has not worked in the past and will not in the future.

All one can do is leave and pray for those that remain. They can still talk to their friends and show them the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Stanton View Post

As a Catholic I know why....

Psalm 25:19 See how many are my enemies,
                    see how fiercely they hate me.

Jn 15 :18-19 If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you.

1 Jn 3:13 Do not be amazed, [then,] brothers, if the world hates you.

Mt 10:22 You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved.

Mt 24:9 Then they will hand you over to persecution, and they will kill you. You will be hated by all nations because of my name.
                    Oh no the world loves you, see how the world leaders kowtow to the pope. I find it is the RCs who hate the true believers. The RCs are not hated because of Jesus name they are not hated at all. True believers don't hate RCs, they are hoping they will open their eyes to the truth.

By the way turning criminals over to the police is not persecution, it is doing the moral thing, what is right.

So another misinformed post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Don't forget 1302 unam sanctum, submission to a pope is necessary for salvation for 'every human creature.'
                      Oh my goodness, YES! That's one of the most nauseating dictates of all, although it is difficult to choose which of their decrees is the most revolting. Thank you very much Non-denom for pointing that important fact out.
                      RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

No that is you who insists on limiting God's presence with your very finite, fallible understanding of Him and your non-historical version of Christianity. By the way we were taught at my RCc school to use capitals for pronouns that refer to God.

Comment

I don't see that anywhere in Raynebeau's post. can you point it out to us? Raynebeau is not a catholic and the above post is about the RCC, as it clearly states.

I find it amazing that they can read into posts things that are not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

still waiting for a catholic to step up to the plate and post scripture supporting that - plus the other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by balshan View Post

I find it amazing that they can read into posts things that are not there.
                              They do it with scripture so if they can do that to God's word I guess posts on here are no big deal to them.

most catholics have learned that manipulation from a very early age. They hear it continually especially those who were in catholic schools. Questioning a priest or a nun or the ccc is not a good thing to do.

The Bible? yes because according to the RCC it doesn't say what it does say.

Comment

They do it with scripture so if they can do that to God's word I guess posts on here are no big deal to them.

most catholics have learned that manipulation from a very early age. They hear it continually especially those who were in catholic schools. Questioning a priest or a nun or the ccc is not a good thing to do.

The Bible? yes because according to the RCC it doesn't say what it does say.
                                Agree

Comment

Working...
                                X