Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

"Sinner's prayer" -- Long version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sinner's prayer" -- Long version

Recited throughout the history of the apostolic Church and still recited during Mass:

We believe in one God,
    the Father almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God,
    begotten from the Father before all ages,
    God from God,
    Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made;
    of the same essence as the Father.
    Through him all things were made.
    For us and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven;
    he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
    and was made human.
    He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered and was buried.
    The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
    He ascended to heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again with glory
    to judge the living and the dead.
    His kingdom will never end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the Lord, the giver of life.
    He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
    and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
    He spoke through the prophets.
    We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
    We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
    We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
    and to life in the world to come. Amen.

Protestantism= have it your way theology

that's a bunch of statements, not a prayer.
    "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
      that's a bunch of statements, not a prayer.
      We consider it a prayer of adoration and a statement of faith.
      Pray!

Comment

no doubt... catholics consider talking to dead people to be prayer too. are those dead people your god?

Comment

Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post
          Recited throughout the history of the apostolic Church and still recited during Mass:

We believe in one God,
          the Father almighty,
          maker of heaven and earth,
          of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
          the only Son of God,
          begotten from the Father before all ages,
          God from God,
          Light from Light,
          true God from true God,
          begotten, not made;
          of the same essence as the Father.
          Through him all things were made.
          For us and for our salvation
          he came down from heaven;
          he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
          and was made human.
          He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
          he suffered and was buried.
          The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
          He ascended to heaven
          and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
          He will come again with glory
          to judge the living and the dead.
          His kingdom will never end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
          the Lord, the giver of life.
          He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
          and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
          He spoke through the prophets.
          We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
          and to life in the world to come. Amen.
          Fine. And what does this mean to your salvation?

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post

Fine. And what does this mean to your salvation?
            It's called a Creed (from the Latin credo "I believe"), a statement of one's faith. This confession is done with the mouth.

English Standard Version
            For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved
            31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

It's called a Creed (from the Latin credo "I believe"), a statement of one's faith. This confession is done with the mouth.

English Standard Version
              For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved
              Of course I know that it is the Nicene Creed, but I asked how it relates to his/her salvation. Your answer seems to be that if we believe what this creed is expressing, then we will be saved. Is that so?

Comment

Originally posted by History_refutes_you View Post

Ah, the esoteric message.

Which baptism forgives sins?
                1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post

Of course I know that it is the Nicene Creed, but I asked how it relates to his/her salvation. Your answer seems to be that if we believe what this creed is expressing, then we will be saved. Is that so?
                  Key point too is that you must confess with your mouth. Do you disbelieve the contents of the creed to the point that you would not confess it with your mouth?
                  31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post

There is only one (not two or more) baptism for the forgiveness of sins. So it would be the baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post

I believe, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, the apostles of Christ were baptized only one time for the forgiveness of sins.

Comment

Key point too is that you must confess with your mouth. Do you disbelieve the contents of the creed to the point that you would not confess it with your mouth?
                        confess what?

Comment

There is only one (not two or more) baptism for the forgiveness of sins. So it would be the baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
                          catholics only know 1 baptism - that of water which happened prior to His death and resurrection. What did JTB say about the change of baptism?

Comment

English Standard Version
                            Are you stating one must confess Apostle's Creed to be saved?
                            1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                              confess what?
                              if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord
                              The Creed: And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,

and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
                              The Creed: The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.

you will be saved.

Comment

Working...
                              X