Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Scriptures Call Us To Separate Ourselves From False Religion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scriptures Call Us To Separate Ourselves From False Religion

"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,

"I will dwell in them and walk among them";
    And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
    Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate," says the Lord.
    And do not touch what is unclean" (2 cor. 6:14-17

A good Scripture verse especially for new, born-again, former Roman Catholics who leave the RCC, and find it hard to witness to RC family and friends.
    RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post
    "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,

A good Scripture verse especially for new, born-again, former Roman Catholics who leave the RCC, and find it hard to witness to RC family and friends.
    Then OBVIOUSLY a CHRISTIAN should NEVER become a missionary, since they'd have to deal at the MOST personal levels with adherents of all SORTS of false religions.

Comment

Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

Can you define "bound together"? You know, just what does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Then OBVIOUSLY a CHRISTIAN should NEVER become a missionary, since they'd have to deal at the MOST personal levels with adherents of all SORTS of false religions.
        I think being bound with unbelievers and witnessing to them are two different things.
        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

I think being bound with unbelievers and witnessing to them are two different things.
          I Agree, but some in the church prefer to practice isolationism (us 4 and NO MORE).

Comment

I Agree, but some in the church prefer to practice isolationism (us 4 and NO MORE).
            I've heard of that. I've never seen it but I've heard of it. Wonder what they do with things like the great commission?
            Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

I've heard of that. I've never seen it but I've heard of it. Wonder what they do with things like the great commission?
              They cross the Tiber and join Christ's Catholic Church
              1Jn 2:19; Jn 6:53

"...wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” Ignatius-Antioch

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Stanton View Post

So they exchange the glory of God for man made things? That about sums up catholicism. The rcc looks nothing like the first century church.

Comment

So they exchange the glory of God for man made things? That about sums up catholicism. The rcc looks nothing like the first century church.
                  Only one church back then, and those that fell away [1Jn 2:19]....just like today where obedience to Christ and His Church is sadly all about 'my personal interpretation' and buffet eaters instead of banquet eaters

Comment

Only one church back then, and those that fell away [1Jn 2:19]....just like today where obedience to Christ and His Church is sadly all about 'my personal interpretation' and buffet eaters instead of banquet eaters
                    Banquet eaters? Like those that added 7 uninspired books to their bible? Added numerous dogmas you need to adhere to for your salvation found nowhere in the bible? Believes sacred tradition is equal to the bible yet can't produce it so we can check it out? That kind of banquet? Catholics are starving for something real. Not junk that never feeds or causes growth.

I'll take the God inspired written word over your leaders or your church.

Comment

Which doesn't even see the need to bring the Gospel to the Jewish, or ISLAMIC populations, and right now appears to headed by a Universalist heretic. Very impressive.

Comment

Banquet eaters? Like those that added 7 uninspired books to their bible? Added numerous dogmas you need to adhere to for your salvation found nowhere in the bible? Believes sacred tradition is equal to the bible yet can't produce it so we can check it out? That kind of banquet? I'll take the God inspired written word over your leaders or your church.
                        written bible has an end date.....bind and loose doesn't [until Christ returns]

Comment

that's what catholics get from the RCC and they believe it. what the RCC teaches is contrary to His word. it also adds to His word and takes away from it to make up its own word, that which it calls the ccc.

there was 1 church - His, not the RCC. there were also many groups of unbelievers deceiving people.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Do you think that's what the apostles must have been faced with also?
                            RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

Which doesn't even see the need to bring the Gospel to the Jewish, or ISLAMIC populations, and right now appears to headed by a Universalist heretic. Very impressive.
                              that is true. it doesn't even teach the gospel to its own followers. if it did they might get saved and leave its false religion. Many do hear the gospel outside of it and then do leave it.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Working...
                              X