Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why should ANY Christian leave the Baptist church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should ANY Christian leave the Baptist church

To even consider joining the rcc religion? Any BIBLICAL reasons?
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    Don't need a biblical reason to leave. The Baptist church was started by a man.

Comment

The Catholic Church is a product of the New Exodus and it is where we receive the New Manna.

Comment

Here are the main reasons why I would leave a Baptist Church. Nothing personal. Remember, you asked for it:
        1. Anti-Biblical belief of Sola Fide.
        2. Anti-Biblical belief of Sola Scriptura,
        3. Anti-Biblical belief of OSAS,
        4. Baptist post-modern Subjective Individualism,
        5. Baptist anti-Sacramentality, product of Radical Dualistic Gnosticism or Evangelical Nestorianism,
        6. Baptist Anti-Apostolic views, product of Evangelical Relativism/Egalitarianism,
        7. Baptist A-Historicism,
        8. Baptist Schismatic Triumphalism, and
        9. Baptist Iconoclasm.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
          Here are the main reasons why I would leave a Baptist Church. Nothing personal. Remember, you asked for it:
          4. Baptist post-modern Subjective Individualism,
          5. Baptist anti-Sacramentality, product of Radical Dualistic Gnosticism or Evangelical Nestorianism,
          6. Baptist Anti-Apostolic views, product of Evangelical Relativism/Egalitarianism,
          7. Baptist A-Historicism,
          8. Baptist Schismatic Triumphalism, and
          9. Baptist Iconoclasm.
          In the OP I asked for BIBLICAL reasons. So far you have NOT shown EVEN ONE.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by kirby View Post

WHICH baptist congregation was started by a man? WHICH man?

Okay, so we KNOW you have no interest in the Authority of SCRIPTURE.

Your 'religion' is more important to you than GOD is.

Comment

Originally posted by poster2262 View Post

The Catholic Church is a product of the New Exodus and it is where we receive the New Manna.
              The rcc is a product of SINFUL MEN, where you get nothing but ceremonial GARBAGE invented by man.

Comment

The rcc is a product of SINFUL MEN, where you get nothing but ceremonial GARBAGE invented by man.
                Christianity is a product of SINFUL MEN. However they are SINFUL MEN, who are led by the Holy Spirit

Comment

My wife did just that this past Easter Vigil [praise God Almighty!]...she was a Southern Baptist missionary who told me at one time that if she knew I would return to the Catholic Church, she would never have married me.
                  1Jn 2:19; Jn 6:53

"...wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” Ignatius-Antioch

Comment

[COLOR=#0000CD]WHICH baptist congregation was started by a man? WHICH man?

R]
                    The baptist/evangelical/anabaptist "church" can traces it roots back to the Zwickau Prophets. Namely these three men: Thomas Dreschel and Markus Stübner, Nicholas Storch.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Stanton View Post

My wife did just that this past Easter Vigil [praise God Almighty!]...she was a Southern Baptist missionary who told me at one time that if she knew I would return to the Catholic Church, she would never have married me.
                      2 Timothy 4:3-4........Matthew 18:6-9

Comment

People need to be in a church that preaches and teaches the gospel and the bible as a whole. So the op imho is limiting who preaches what. lots of churches preach the truth. Your church however does not. Its false gospel and false jesus will never save anyone.
                        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by poster2262 View Post

from the new eve, the new jesus....yada yada.
                          Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

So was your church.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
                              So basically you don't believe God alone can save you.
                              Gods word isn't your highest, final standard.
                              God can't save you to the end....

Why would anyone want to be catholic again? Seems catholics are mired in unbelief.

Comment

Working...
                              X