Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WICKED have regained the life lost in Adam???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WICKED have regained the life lost in Adam???

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

Resurrection from the dead means that both the righteous and wicked have regained what Adam lost, life.
    Is this a Catholic teaching?

Last I checked, the wages of sin is death, not life.

Only the righteous have regained what was lost in Adam and have been made alive in Christ....

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8
    ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Originally posted by 4Him View Post

I'd like to see this in the ccc as well. Not that it would make it any less heretical. Many catholics here seem to like to run rogue and give a lot of opinions. Wicked being resurrected to life? What exactly is the second death for?
    Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

I'd like to see this in the ccc as well. Not that it would make it any less heretical. Many catholics here seem to like to run rogue and give a lot of opinions. Wicked being resurrected to life? What exactly is the second death for?

Catechism 1006
      "It is in regard to death that man's condition is most shrouded in doubt." In a sense bodily death is natural, but for faith it is in fact "the wages of sin."For those who die in Christ's grace it is a participation in the death of the Lord, so that they can also share his Resurrection.

Baltimore catechism

68. Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, what else does mortal sin do to the soul?
      Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, mortal sin makes the soul an enemy of God, takes away the merit of all its good actions, deprives it of the right to everlasting happiness in heaven, and makes it deserving of everlasting punishment in hell.
      For the wages of sin is death; but the grace of God, life everlasting in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

Comment

Originally posted by balshan View Post

Catechism 1006
        "It is in regard to death that man's condition is most shrouded in doubt." In a sense bodily death is natural, but for faith it is in fact "the wages of sin."For those who die in Christ's grace it is a participation in the death of the Lord, so that they can also share his Resurrection.

Baltimore catechism

68. Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, what else does mortal sin do to the soul?
        Besides depriving the sinner of sanctifying grace, mortal sin makes the soul an enemy of God, takes away the merit of all its good actions, deprives it of the right to everlasting happiness in heaven, and makes it deserving of everlasting punishment in hell.[/SUP][/SUB]
        For the wages of sin is death; but the grace of God, life everlasting in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

That seems opposite of this: "Resurrection from the dead means that both the righteous and wicked have regained what Adam lost, life."
        ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

That seems opposite of this: "Resurrection from the dead means that both the righteous and wicked have regained what Adam lost, life."
          I think sometimes the teaching of the RCC is so poor that it confuses its members. That is so sad. I have also noticed that life everlasting come from the grace of God not from our works.

Comment

Only the righteous have regained what was lost in Adam and have been made alive in Christ....

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8
            So you don't believe the bodies of the condemned will be resurrected, just the bodies of those in heaven, or neither?
            "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

So you don't believe the bodies of the condemned will be resurrected, just the bodies of those in heaven, or neither?
              What does that have to do with 'regaining what was lost in Adam, life'?

The wicked regain nothing lost in Adam....they are resurrected unto death, the second death....

Comment

It is a biblical teaching. All die in Adam.

24Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power. 25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Death is the common enemy of mankind.

Comment

That's not what you said and that's not what the OP is about.

You said the wicked REGAIN what was lost in Adam, life.....that's not remotely true.....

The wicked REGAIN nothing.....much less life...

You are either resurrected unto life or unto death.....

The wicked are resurrected UNTO DEATH, not life....

Those IN CHRIST are resurrected unto LIFE eternal....

Your theology is very flawed......You are equating "resurrection" with having life, yet the wicked are resurrected unto DEATH....

You even suggested the wicked are 'gifted' in the resurrection.....

"...there will be no more death... " (Rev. 21:4)

What gift do the wicked receive in the resurrection?
                  If you see the second death as a gift, then so be it....

Last edited by 4Him; 10-05-19, 08:34 PM.

Comment

What does that have to do with 'regaining what was lost in Adam, life'?

The wicked regain nothing lost in Adam....they are resurrected unto death, the second death....
                    Just wanted to clarify your position since no two Protestants believe the same thing. Yeah, I agree with you. I didn't say that, Only_3 did, so I'll let him answer to what he said since obviously it was wrong.
                    "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

That's not what you said and that's not what the OP is about.

You said the wicked REGAIN what was lost in Adam, life.....that's not remotely true.....

The wicked REGAIN nothing.....much less life...

You are either resurrected unto life or unto death.....

The wicked are resurrected UNTO DEATH, not life....

Those IN CHRIST are resurrected unto LIFE eternal....

Your theology is very flawed......You are equating "resurrection" with having life, yet the wicked are resurrected unto DEATH....

You even suggested the wicked are 'gifted' in the resurrection.....

If you see the second death as a gift, then so be it....
                      Where do you get resurrection to death? It is only the dead that are resurrected to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

Just wanted to clarify your position since no two Protestants believe the same thing.
                        That's funny, since I agree with just about every one that posts on this board.....yet there are many Catholics that are far from unified in what they believe....on this board especially.....just about every Catholic I know believes something different about Catholicism.

Yeah, I agree with you. I didn't say that, Only_3 did, so I'll let him answer to what he said since obviously it was wrong.
                        Uh, yea, I know, I started the OP, which you apparently didn't bother to read before you posted.

Comment

Where do you get resurrection to death?
                          Scripture.....it's called the second death....

you are either resurrected unto eternal life, or eternal damnation (2nd death)....

It is only the dead that are resurrected to life.
                          Those in Christ are not dead....they have eternal LIFE.....

They have already passed from death into life....

Comment

24Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power. 25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Death is the common enemy of mankind.
                            Read Romans 5. All die in adam but many are made alive in Christ;
                            Rom 5:17-19
                            17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. 18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. 19 For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.
                            NASB
                            This shouldn't even be debatable.
                            Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Scripture.....it's called the second death....

you are either resurrected unto eternal life, or eternal damnation (2nd death)....

Those in Christ are not dead....they have eternal LIFE.....

They have already passed from death into life....

So Paul got it wrong?

Berean Study Bible
                              For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

All die in Adam. (True or false?)

All die in Adam means both the righteous and the wicked. So both regain what Adam lost, that is, life.

there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. (Acts 24:14:15 BSB)

Comment

Working...
                              X