Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvation prior to the cross....

Originally posted by UnionofGrace&Nature View Post
    Only through the Cross can anyone be saved. Read Heb 9:15-17 and let those passages sink in:

"And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
    For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives."
    My point is that OT Saints were not saved AT ALL during OT times. That's because the Cross had not happened yet. That's my point.
    In OT times: No Cross yet => No salvation yet

Her faith expressed/enjoined with multiple works of love (that Jesus himself deliberately mentioned) saved her. One must take ALL of Jesus' words into account to get the whole picture, not isolate bits and pieces of it.
    Please point out in the Bible where Jesus said “ONE THING SAVED HER”.

How is it that you admit that the woman in 7:50 is saved PRIOR to the cross, yet the you believe the OT saints were not saved prior to the cross?
    Last edited by 4Him; 10-05-19, 10:05 PM.
    ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Originally posted by 4Him View Post

How is it that you admit that the woman in 7:50 is saved PRIOR to the cross, yet the you believe the OT saints were not saved prior to the cross?
    Well, if they were saved prior to the cross, then what is the purpose of the sacrifice if they were already saved?

They may have gotten the promise of salvation, but did they get the fulfillment of that promise prior to the cross?

Comment

Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

Well, if they were saved prior to the cross, then what is the purpose of the sacrifice if they were already saved?

They may have gotten the promise of salvation, but did they get the fulfillment of that promise prior to the cross?
      You deny the OT saints were saved? Only the saved went to Abrahams bosom.

Were Moses and Elijah unsaved at the Transfiguration?

The woman in Luke 7:50 was saved, per Jesus....how can that be prior to the cross.....

Go in peace. Your faith has saved you....
      ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

Comment

The woman in Luke 7:50 was saved, per Jesus....how can that be prior to the cross.....

What sacrifice did the OT believers offer God for their redemption? What sacrifice was provided so that they could offer it to God for redemption?

Comment

What sacrifice did the OT believers offer God for their redemption? What sacrifice was provided so that they could offer it to God for redemption?
          What sacrifice did the woman in Luke offer in order to be declared saved by Jesus?

Address what I said....

Were Moses and Elijah UNSAVED at the Transfiguration?

Comment

What sacrifice did the woman in Luke offer in order to be declared saved by Jesus?

Address what I said....

Were Moses and Elijah UNSAVED at the Transfiguration?
            Is Moses alive? Or is Moses dead?

Berean Study Bible
            “Moses My servant is dead.

So that means what?

Comment

Is Moses alive? Or is Moses dead?

Berean Study Bible
              “Moses My servant is dead.

So that means what?
              Address what I posted....

Comment

Salvation prior to the cross....
                So what other means of salvation (other than the Cross) are evangelicals proposing these days?

She also falls under the auspices of Heb 9:15-17:

"And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
                For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
                For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives."

It doesn't matter if you're Enoch, Elijah, or Billy Graham himself. Salvation is only available at the Cross.

Evangelicals seem to imply that there is another route to salvation. So what other means of salvation (other than the Cross) are evangelicals proposing these days?

Comment

So what other means of salvation (other than the Cross) are evangelicals proposing these days?

She also falls under the auspices of Heb 9:15-17:

It doesn't matter if you're Enoch, Elijah, or Billy Graham himself. Salvation is only available at the Cross.

Evangelicals seem to imply that there is another route to salvation. So what other means of salvation (other than the Cross) are evangelicals proposing these days?
                  Repeating your schtick doesn’t address your contradiction....

How was she saved? Jesus said she was saved....prior to the cross. Is Jesus wrong?

Comment

Repeating your schtick doesn’t address your contradiction....

How was she saved?
                    Through the Cross like everyone else.

Jesus said she was saved....prior to the cross. Is Jesus wrong?
                    Here we go again with the nasty evangelical habit of throwing verses against verses hoping that their verse topples the verse that disagrees with them. When will evangelicals ever learn to read the entire Bible and not bits and pieces of it?

Comment

Through the Cross like everyone else.

Here we go again with the nasty evangelical habit of throwing verses against verses hoping that their verse topples the verse that disagrees with them. When will evangelicals ever learn to read the entire Bible and not bits and pieces of it?
                      ^^^question dodge^^^

Jesus said she was saved.....prior to the cross.....did He lie? Did He make a mistake?

We are to preach the Gospel, the Good news.......Do you agree that belief in the Gospel message saves?

Comment

^^^question dodge^^^

Jesus said she was saved.....prior to the cross.....did He lie? Did He make a mistake?
                        When can I expect you to answer the question that you've dodged three times already: So what other means of salvation (other than the Cross) are evangelicals proposing these days?

Comment

Address what I posted....

Unsaved to the extent that we should not listen to them. Saved to the extent that both Moses and Elijah should listen to Jesus.

Comment

None.....do you agree we are to preach the Gospel, that belief in the message of the Good News saves?

Comment

Unsaved to the extent that we should not listen to them. Saved to the extent that both Moses and Elijah should listen to Jesus.
                              So those in the Old Testament shouldn’t have listened to Moses, who was sent by God?

Comment

Working...
                              X