RC position on gays and salvation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC position on gays and salvation.

If a practicing gay refuses to repent, can they be saved?

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post
    Asking catholics anything regarding salvation is a shell game at best. They have no clue if they are saved let alone anyone else.
    Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Asking catholics anything regarding salvation is a shell game at best. They have no clue if they are saved let alone anyone else.
      I Was assuming there is some official church doctrine on the matter.

Comment

My guess is catholics will shy away from this one. They don't want to condemn their priesthood.
        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Catholics aren't really keen on repentance but instead on confessionals and penance. As long as the RC confesses the since and says the penance the priest gives him, he is thought to be "good to go".

Whether homosexuality is a "mortal sin" or a "venial sin" is what determines whether the Catholic should expect to go to hell or purgatory over the sin. RC theologians are really split over the official status of this sin, its really not as clear as other sins like the failure to eat Fish on Lenten Fridays or missing a mass.

Comment

I recall the the Catholics DON'T approve of their Clergy being "OPENLY GAY", but if they keep it to themselves, all's O.K.

Comment

It's not likely. However, we leave the judgement up to God.

Comment

Originally posted by kirby View Post

It's not likely. However, we leave the judgement up to God.
                Are you catholic?

is that the official teaching?
                Last edited by Simpletruther; 10-11-19, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southsider View Post
                  Catholics aren't really keen on repentance but instead on confessionals and penance. As long as the RC confesses the since and says the penance the priest gives him, he is thought to be "good to go".

Whether homosexuality is a "mortal sin" or a "venial sin" is what determines whether the Catholic should expect to go to hell or purgatory over the sin. RC theologians are really split over the official status of this sin, its really not as clear as other sins like the failure to eat Fish on Lenten Fridays or missing a mass.
                  what is really, really not clear is where scripture says any of those is a sin. It doesn't say that anywhere. but that group that claims to be His church and apostolic can't post where it does say that...

It thinks that Jesus not only turned His people over to a false teacher, but that He gave it the authority to make up sins and penalties for those sins. According to the RCC, that would mean that Jesus Himself went against His own word, His own teachings and those of the apostles.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

a practicing gay, as well as any catholic who commits sin, must repent and ask for forgiveness in the sacrament of confession in order to be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

a practicing gay, as well as any catholic who commits sin, must repent and ask for forgiveness in the sacrament of confession in order to be saved.
                      asking a priest for forgiveness saves no one.

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                        asking a priest for forgiveness saves no one.
                        it is god who forgives sin.

but, Jesus' priesthood was also given to men so that they could continue his earthly work of forgiving sins (john20: 19-23)

Comment

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post
                          it is god who forgives sin.

but, Jesus' priesthood was also given to men so that they could continue his earthly work of forgiving sins (john20: 19-23)
                          God does, not man, not one of your priests. you can forgive someone who offends or hurts you in some way, but if the one who offends wants forgiveness from God, they need to take that to God.

wrong, God does the forgiving and the only way to the Father is thru the Son. It isn't thru the RCC, the pope, Mary or one's 'good' deeds. there is only one way.

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                            what is really, really not clear is where scripture says any of those is a sin. It doesn't say that anywhere. but that group that claims to be His church and apostolic can't post where it does say that...

It thinks that Jesus not only turned His people over to a false teacher, but that He gave it the authority to make up sins and penalties for those sins. According to the RCC, that would mean that Jesus Himself went against His own word, His own teachings and those of the apostles.

Roman Catholics believe that their official beloved Catechism is the key, not scripture. and the catechism orders mandatory attendance at mass as well as mandatory fish on Lenten Fridays. Of course, masses aren't mentioned at all in the Bible, much less mandatory attendance , no questions asked, at the ritual.

Comment

Are you catholic?

is that the official teaching?
                              I am Catholic. It is official Catholic teaching that it is God who judges us for Salvation.

Comment

Working...
                              X